Call for Rails Girls Summer of Code 2020 projects

Call for Rails Girls Summer of Code 2020 projects

Karl Dickinson

Karl sent a message

Cc: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]

Jan 27, 12:04pm
Hello,

My name is Karl, lead contact for Rails Girls Summer of Code, a program run by Travis Foundation aiming to improve diversity and opportunities in tech for people from underrepresented groups.

This may be especially of interest to those of you familiar with Google's Summer of Code, but as a global program, I wanted to reach out to OSGeo chapters everywhere to offer you the opportunity to get involved.

We're currently appealing for open source projects to apply to RGSoC 2020 and would love for members and friends of the OSGeo Foundation community to get involved.

What's it about?
Rails Girls Summer of Code provides experienced-beginner level female and non-binary coders scholarships to work on established open source projects. Students, who can apply from anywhere in the world, work alongside their mentor and coaches from July-September. They gain valuable skills and experience while OS projects benefit from their contribution.

Full details can be found at https://railsgirlssummerofcode.org/.

Submit your open source projects
It would be awesome if anyone working on an OS project that could be a great fit for the program would consider being a mentor this year. Projects can be submitted to our Teams App until 10 February 2020.

The project can be in any programming language, it is not restricted to Rails.

Our guide for mentors contains everything project maintainers need to know but if you or they have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Could you help us spread the word among your community? It really would be appreciated. Even a retweet or share on Facebook would be extremely helpful.

Many thanks and kind regards,
Karl

--
Karl Dickinson

[hidden email]

Twitter | Facebook | Newsletter | Donate

Rails Girls Summer of Code is an initiative run by Travis Foundation.

Travis Foundation gUG (haftungsbeschränkt), Rigaer Str.8, 10247 Berlin, Germany | GF/CEO: Randy Jacops
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin, HRB 158037 B | Umsatzsteuer-ID gemäß §27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE295684024
{#HS:1066558652-7925#}