Call for Outreach and Communications working group members

Call for Outreach and Communications working group members

adam steer-2
Hi OSGeo Oceania community

(with apologies to OSGeo Oceania members who have already seen this call)

The OSGeo Oceania board has recently formed an outreach and communications working group and we need your help! If you’re interested in helping OSGeo Oceania communicate with its members and the broader geospatial community, or helping us with outreach activities, we want to hear from you.

We welcome anyone who is even remotely interested. If you’re thinking ‘I’d love to have a go at this but I don’t have experience / I’m nervous / ???’, then jump in - because you know what? We are too. And we need your advice, viewpoints, and experience.

A strong component of working with this group will be mentoring each other - in all aspects of communications and also engaging in leadership within an open source community.

Tasks may include:

  • Scheduling e-mail communications
  • Writing copy for social media channels
  • Helping write content for websites
  • Helping design websites
  • Planning and running outreach events
  • Mentoring or co-mentoring each other in all of the above

We expect that working group members attend meetings regularly, participate in decision making and assist with communications tasks. We do all this under the code of conduct we’ve adopted for our conferences (https://2019.foss4g-oceania.org/cod)

The working group terms of reference are given here: bit.ly/2zk64iG

If you’d like to get involved please reply to Adam (it's not necessary to respond to the list unless you want to).

Regards

Adam Steer

OSGeo Oceania Outreach and Communications working group chair