CSW vs OpenSearch

ilias ioannou

Dear all,

I am involved in a project where we have to retrieve information from a Geonetwork metadata catalog and display them to the user (not by using the native interface of GN).

We initially chose to implement the solution of CSW since it is highly reccomended by ESA and other european organizations. The problem is that CSW requests have a very bad performance and they have caused serious issues of usability (aka returning 100 records in 4 mins).

On the other hand we have noticed that the native UI of GN is still a very fast search engine (it uses opensearch protocol?), and by now we are considering to change all the implementation and never use CSW again.

Can someone explain me what is going on, and/or give me any suggestions?
Is it the lack of resources or optimizations? And if  thats the reason, then why the native search engine stills works very fast?

Kind regards,
ilias

Re: CSW vs OpenSearch

Jose Garcia
Hi

100 records in 4 min is really bad performance and should not be usual. Can you provide some information about the setup you have and also the number of metadata in the catalogue?

Regards,
Jose García

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 3:35 PM, ilias ioannou <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: <a href="tel:+31318416664" style="font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif" target="_blank">+31 (0)318 416664