CS-Map: strangely formatted bounds in coordinate system definitions

CS-Map: strangely formatted bounds in coordinate system definitions

Raven Kopelman
Hi all,

r2124 added MIN/MAX LAT/LNG params to many coordinate systems in coordsys.asc.

Some of them contain '+' signs in strange places.
e.g. HARN/WI.BayfieldWI-F has a MIN_LNG:  91 49 01+W

My read of CSatof says we are probably ignoring that '+' sign, but I'm curious what they are supposed to mean.

Raven Kopelman | Software Developer

Safe Software Inc.
T 604.501.9985 x 331
[hidden email] | www.safe.com

Re: CS-Map: strangely formatted bounds in coordinate system definitions

Hugues Wisniewski

Hi Raven,

This seems to be an artifact coming from a tool built to auto-generate the coordinate system definitions based on an EPSG input.

The sign is apparently meaningless and the dictionary compiler is oblivious to it.

Hugues