Quantcast

CS-Map PDF latex file?

Norman Barker-2
Hi,

I am about 200 pages through converting the CS-Map PDF doc by hand to Markdown, it is quite tedious. Does anyone have the original latex version which I can run pandoc on to speed up some of this?

Thanks,

Norman

Re: CS-Map PDF latex file?

CsMap Contractor

Hello Norman . . .

I might be able to help on that.  Let me look into it.

Norm

--

Norm Olsen

7931 S Broadway, PMB 102

Littleton, CO  80122-2710

303-263-4995

[hidden email]

I am about 200 pages through converting the CS-Map PDF doc by hand to Markdown, it is quite tedious. Does anyone have the original latex version which I can run pandoc on to speed up some of this?

Thanks,

Norman

Re: CS-Map PDF latex file?

Norman Barker-2
Norm,

thanks, that would be a great help, I have spent a couple of weeks (evenings) on this now and am about 1/2 through the PDF but the original latex file would move it a long a lot quicker.

This is what I have so far, clicking the user guide gives a drop down of the docs so far.

I plan to move this back to an osgeo gitlab or to a csmap github page or to move the docs to readthedocs.org, I am open to suggestions here.

I create a board to track my attempts for a code restructure to fit with travis and an auto build system.

I would like to move the dictionaries to rocksdb (or another key-value store) and to move some of the code around protecting entries to the database. This will also probably help with IO speed.

I find it easier to work on github, however my repo was a clone from SVN so we can go back but hopefully we agree that moving off svn is good.

Finally a couple of asks;

* I can't build the MFC executables and I was planning to cut them out and put something cross-platform in, do you have screenshots of the different apps that I can use for reference

Thanks,

Norman

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 6:29 PM, CsMap Contractor <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Norman . . .

I might be able to help on that.  Let me look into it.

Norm

--

Norm Olsen

7931 S Broadway, PMB 102

Littleton, CO  80122-2710

[hidden email]

I am about 200 pages through converting the CS-Map PDF doc by hand to Markdown, it is quite tedious. Does anyone have the original latex version which I can run pandoc on to speed up some of this?

Thanks,

Norman

Re: CS-Map PDF latex file?

CsMap Contractor

Hello Norman . . .

A “latext” file does not exist, nor did one ever exist.

I was able to find a version of the CS-MAP documentation in Microsoft Word form.  If that would be of some help to you, I can forward it to you.

Norm

--

Norm Olsen

7931 S Broadway, PMB 102

Littleton, CO  80122-2710

303-263-4995

[hidden email]

I am about 200 pages through converting the CS-Map PDF doc by hand to Markdown, it is quite tedious. Does anyone have the original latex version which I can run pandoc on to speed up some of this?

Thanks,

Norman

Re: CS-Map PDF latex file?

Norman Barker-2
Norm,

thanks, that would be a great help, thank you. Pandoc can read that format.

Norman