C++ plugins instructions

mmekuria
I have an issue that after upgrading my C++ plugins to 2.0.1, they do not show up in the 2.0 version of QGIS. Has the procedure for identifying and installing C++ plugins in QGIS 2.0+ changed? I have tried using the start-up plugins generator and that does not show up also in the 2.0 version.

I have asked this question more than three times and I have not heard a reply. May be it is the holidays, but I have been asking since October the same question. I looked and tried many ways, and I am still without an response. Is there a new instruction for plugin registration? Do we have a new policy to limit C++ plugins from users, a new unwritten policy to unplug C++ plugins?

Just wondering,
Maaza Christos, PhD
www.Axumcorp.com

Re: C++ plugins instructions

Tim Sutton-4
Hi

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM, mmekuria <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have an issue that after upgrading my C++ plugins to 2.0.1, they do not
show up in the 2.0 version of QGIS. Has the procedure for identifying and
installing C++ plugins in QGIS 2.0+ changed?

Not to my knowledge

Can you file a ticket for this in http://hub.qgis.org

I have asked this question more than three times and I have not heard a
reply. May be it is the holidays, but I have been asking since October the
same question. I looked and tried many ways, and I am still without an
response.

Sorry about that. In general if you get no response to the mailing list, it is a good idea to try to contact someone to help on IRC, or try to make direct contact with a developer who is active in the same area that you are working on. If you still can't get the help you need, you could also consider asking one of the commercial consultants on this page: http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/commercial_support.html?highlight=commercial

Is there a new instruction for plugin registration?

I don't believe there is a new procedure. It would be an extremely good idea to look at one of the existing core c++ plugins (e.g. coordinate capture plugin) and see if it is doing anything different in initialisation to yours.

Do we have a
new policy to limit C++ plugins from users, a new unwritten policy to unplug
C++ plugins?

Certainly not.

Just wondering,

Regards

Tim

-----
Maaza Christos, PhD
www.Axumcorp.com

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: C++ plugins instructions

SSchmidt

Hello,

I had a similar problem and found help,  here can you look, how I solved it:

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/WG-Re-WG-Re-cpp-plugin-for-QGIS-2-0-td5087852.html#a5087933

My problem was that I used the sources for 2.1.0 and not for 2.0.1 to compile my plugin. The next thing is that I could only compile it for a QGIS 2.0.1 (32 bit). In the 64bit version it isn't shown!
Until now I couldn't compile a QGis for  64 bit.

Happy new year!
Susann Schmidt

mmekuria <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

30.12.2013 01:01

cc
Subject
[Qgis-developer] C++ plugins instructions