Button in mixed languages in Dutch and English

Button in mixed languages in Dutch and English

Bai, Zhanguo

Hi,

   I have installed GRASS GIS but some button are in Dutch, see ‘close’ button.

Could you advise how to put it in English?

Kind regards,

Zhanguo

Re: Button in mixed languages in Dutch and English

Markus Neteler
Dear Zhanguo,

GRASS GIS is using the system language, apparently Dutch in your case. Since not all messages have been translated yet, it comes in a mixed way.

You can switch to English in the GUI menu:

Settings >> Preferences >> Appearance >> Language Settings >> English.

This might require a restart of the current GRASS session to become active.

Hope this helps,
Markus

--

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 3:20 PM, Bai, Zhanguo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

   I have installed GRASS GIS but some button are in Dutch, see ‘close’ button.

Could you advise how to put it in English?

Kind regards,

Zhanguo

Re: Button in mixed languages in Dutch and English

Bai, Zhanguo

Dear Markus,

                   Thanks for your reply. The problem remained after shifting to EN, see screen shot below. Actually my laptop system language is English.

I attended a GRASS GIS crash course at ITC/Netherlands last Friday asking the trainers about the problem, they tried the same and didn’t work either.

Is it a bug?

Regards,

Zhanguo

GRASS GIS is using the system language, apparently Dutch in your case. Since not all messages have been translated yet, it comes in a mixed way.

You can switch to English in the GUI menu:

Settings >> Preferences >> Appearance >> Language Settings >> English.

This might require a restart of the current GRASS session to become active.

Hope this helps,

Markus

--

Markus Neteler, PhD
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 3:20 PM, Bai, Zhanguo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

   I have installed GRASS GIS but some button are in Dutch, see ‘close’ button.

Could you advise how to put it in English?

Kind regards,

Zhanguo

Re: Button in mixed languages in Dutch and English

Markus Neteler
Dear Zhanguo,

please check the language settings in your System (Windows, I suppose):

Control Panel\Clock > Language, and Region > Language

best,
Markus

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Bai, Zhanguo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Markus,

                   Thanks for your reply. The problem remained after shifting to EN, see screen shot below. Actually my laptop system language is English.

I attended a GRASS GIS crash course at ITC/Netherlands last Friday asking the trainers about the problem, they tried the same and didn’t work either.

Is it a bug?

Regards,

Zhanguo

Re: Button in mixed languages in Dutch and English

Bai, Zhanguo

Dear Markus,

                  I use Windows 10, and display language is English, see below; but the problem remains.

Regards,

Zhanguo

Re: Button in mixed languages in Dutch and English

Markus Neteler
Dear Zhanguo,

please try to delete the "rc" file which is containing the settings for GRASS GIS. It may still contain some Dutch entry. Close GRASS GIS for this.

To find the file, see
--> GRASS GIS 7.x
  • Windows
Then restart GRASS GIS again and the rc file will be re-generated. You will likely need to specify the grassdata folder again (it is not gone but GRASS cannot remember it since the rc file was deleted).

Hope this helps!

Markus

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Bai, Zhanguo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Markus,

                  I use Windows 10, and display language is English, see below; but the problem remains.

Regards,

Zhanguo

Re: Button in mixed languages in Dutch and English

Bai, Zhanguo

Dear Markus,

                   I deleted the ‘rc’ file and restarted GRASS GIS asking for a directory to store data see below screenshot; after selecting folder ‘grassdata’ and starting GRASS section the problem still remains.