Budgeting project event support for 2017

Budgeting project event support for 2017

Anita Graser
Dear OSGeo project members,

It is this time of the year, OSGeo is looking forward to 2017. Over the previous years, OSGeo has been proud to support a growing number of project events, such as code sprints, developer meetings, and user conferences.

To plan for next year, the OSGeo board is reaching out to all committees, including PSCs. We would like to ask you to help us with proposals for you planned event support requests for 2017. This information will help us to set aside a realistic amount of funds.

Please join GRASS, QGIS, Geoserver, and the ZOO-Project and send me your requests or add them to the budget draft yourself at:

ideally until Monday Dec, 19th.

Thank you and best wishes,

Anita Graser
OSGeo Board

Re: Budgeting project event support for 2017

jody.garnett
Thanks Anita:

I have made a note for the GeoServer community who is planning a sprint for later in the year. The numbers are based on last year; hopefully we will see similar sponsorship support allowing us to have a code sprint.

Note 1: One thing that came up last year was the track a budget from year to year, and to arrange your project sponsors to make donations via OSGeo. This is available; just not often used ...

Note 2: Code sprints work best when OSGeo is asked to provide cost/risk sharing. This can provide your event with up front funds, protect against budget shortfall, and allow us to fund more teams through out the year.

--
Jody Garnett

On 15 December 2016 at 14:03, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear OSGeo project members,

It is this time of the year, OSGeo is looking forward to 2017. Over the previous years, OSGeo has been proud to support a growing number of project events, such as code sprints, developer meetings, and user conferences.

To plan for next year, the OSGeo board is reaching out to all committees, including PSCs. We would like to ask you to help us with proposals for you planned event support requests for 2017. This information will help us to set aside a realistic amount of funds.

Please join GRASS, QGIS, Geoserver, and the ZOO-Project and send me your requests or add them to the budget draft yourself at:

ideally until Monday Dec, 19th.

Thank you and best wishes,

Anita Graser
OSGeo Board

Re: Budgeting project event support for 2017

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Anita,

A polite reminder to always include the "Budget" and "Finance"
categories, at the bottom of your budget wiki pages, so they can be
magically found in the future (such as
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Budget).  I will add it now to the
pages.

Have a nice weekend,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation

On 2016-12-15 6:03 PM, Anita Graser wrote:
To plan for next year, the OSGeo board is reaching out to all
committees, including PSCs. We would like to ask you to help us with
proposals for you planned event support requests for 2017. This
information will help us to set aside a realistic amount of funds.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2017#Draft_2017_Budget

​Thank you everyone who already provided input! This is just a friendly reminder. The budget meeting is scheduled for tomorrow, so you still have a few hours to post your project's event support requests.

Best wishes,
Anita

Re: Budgeting project event support for 2017

Bob Basques
To the Budgeting Committee,

As a PSC project member and on behalf of the GeoMOOSE Project, I would like to request a 2017 Budget of $3000.00.

This amount will be used to partially fund the following Project initiatives:
  • Provide for a GeoMOOSE presence in at least three regional conferences for the GeoMOOSE project.
  • Provide for generation of OSGeo-Live USB Thumbdrives for handout at conferences and other project participation events.
  • Provide seed funding for at least one GeoMOOSE code Sprint.
  • Provide seed funding for at least one GeoMOOSE workshop.

Bob Basques

PSC - GeoMOOSE project.

On 2016-12-15 6:03 PM, Anita Graser wrote:
To plan for next year, the OSGeo board is reaching out to all
committees, including PSCs. We would like to ask you to help us with
proposals for you planned event support requests for 2017. This
information will help us to set aside a realistic amount of funds.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2017#Draft_2017_Budget

​Thank you everyone who already provided input! This is just a friendly reminder. The budget meeting is scheduled for tomorrow, so you still have a few hours to post your project's event support requests.

Best wishes,
Anita

Bob Basques
[hidden email]