Budget 2017 allocation request

margherita
Dear Board,

On behalf of the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) admin team, we are writing to request the allocation of 500 USD in the budget for 2017, to be used for promotional material. In particular, we would like to celebrate the anniversary of OSGeo participation in the program from 2007 to 2017. The idea is to send small anniversary goodies (e.g. t-shirts or other gadgets, such as mugs for example, and a sticker with OSGeo logo)  to our successful 2017 students.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
the OSGeo GSoC admin team

Re: Budget 2017 allocation request

Helmut Kudrnovsky
Dear Board,

I’m writing on behalf of the OSGeo-GSOC-admin team.

margherita wrote
Dear Board,

On behalf of the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) admin team, we are writing to
request the allocation of 500 USD in the budget for 2017, to be used for
promotional material. In particular, we would like to celebrate the
anniversary of OSGeo participation in the program from 2007 to 2017. The
idea is to send small anniversary goodies (e.g. t-shirts or other gadgets,
such as mugs for example, and a sticker with OSGeo logo)  to our successful
2017 students.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
the OSGeo GSoC admin team
After our first virtual team meeting last Friday, we found out that we forgot to edit the OSGeo budget page to add our amount after our initial email request to the Board (on 2016-12-29) and before your OSGeo budget meeting in the beginning of January 2017. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We have added it now to the budget wiki. Please keep in mind our amount of about 500 USD for the OSGeo-GSOC-anniversary goodies, in the event that OSGeo is selected as a mentor org also this year.

The application period for mentor organizations starts on 19th January and closes on 9th February. We’ll keep you informed about OSGeo’s application this year.

We are open to any further questions.

Best regards
Helmut and the OSGeo GSoC admin team
best regards
Helmut

Re: Budget 2017 allocation request

jody.garnett
I think it will be okay Helmut, although the budget has passed without your input the board has set aside some budget for out reach activities. You may also be able to work with the marketing committee - since your budget request is for for promotional material.

The budget is our plan for the year only, giving us a chance to set set priorities and identify areas where extra effort / fund raising is required.

When you are in position to act - ask the board for funds (add it to the next agenda meeting for Feb 2nd); or if it is a rush I can make a motion now ...

--
Jody Garnett

On 17 January 2017 at 06:56, Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Board,

I’m writing on behalf of the OSGeo-GSOC-admin team.

margherita wrote
> Dear Board,
>
> On behalf of the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) admin team, we are writing
> request the allocation of 500 USD in the budget for 2017, to be used for
> promotional material. In particular, we would like to celebrate the
> anniversary of OSGeo participation in the program from 2007 to 2017. The
> idea is to send small anniversary goodies (e.g. t-shirts or other gadgets,
> such as mugs for example, and a sticker with OSGeo logo)  to our
> successful
> 2017 students.
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Best regards,
> the OSGeo GSoC admin team

After our first virtual team meeting last Friday, we found out that we
forgot to edit the OSGeo budget page to add our amount after our initial
email request to the Board (on 2016-12-29) and before your OSGeo budget
meeting in the beginning of January 2017. We apologize for the
inconvenience.

We have added it now to the budget wiki. Please keep in mind our amount of
about 500 USD for the OSGeo-GSOC-anniversary goodies, in the event that
OSGeo is selected as a mentor org also this year.

The application period for mentor organizations starts on 19th January and
closes on 9th February. We’ll keep you informed about OSGeo’s application
this year.

We are open to any further questions.

Best regards
Helmut and the OSGeo GSoC admin team

-----
best regards
Helmut

Re: Budget 2017 allocation request

Helmut Kudrnovsky
Hi Jody,

thanks for your reply! I'll bring it back to the OSGeo-GSOC admin team for further action.

>When you are in position to act - ask the board for funds (add it to the next agenda meeting for Feb 2nd); >or if it is a rush I can make a motion now ...

OSGeo's GSOC application is due to Feb 9th, then OSGeo has to be confirmed as an org also for this year (it's open); so there is no need for a rush.
best regards
Helmut