Bolsena code sprint

Antonio Cerciello
Dear GeoNetwork Community,

Some quick updates on GeoNetwork from Bolsena code sprint.

The core GeoNetwork developers discussed the yearly release plans to adjust
the changes made after the last year.

The changes affect the release cadence in the first place:

   - There will be one major release version of GeoNetwork each year,
   around July.
   - There will be four yearly minor releases of all supported versions.
   But this will mostly depend on the number of fixes available for each
   version.

This means a more sustainable release cadence for new features and more
regular release schedule for previous versions.

Next major version will be 3.8.0 at the end of July, based on last months
developments and Bolsena Code Sprint. You can monitor progress here
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/milestone/33

Next minor release will be 3.6.1, with latest fixes backported to this
version.

Next step: Implementing an automated build system to manage the builds for
new releases.

Welcome your thoughts!

Cheers,
Antonio

* <http://www.geocat.net/>*

*Veenderweg 136721 WD BennekomThe NetherlandsT: +31 (0)318 416664
<+31318416664>GeoCat bvhttp://geocat.net <http://geocat.net/>*

Preview Dummy for Data Catalogues

tadams
Dear GNOS community,

you know, whenever things look nice, the genius technology behind
doesn't matter - as long as everything looks perfect ;-)

Reagrding this issue, I have the following question, which arised in a
project, where we use GNOS:

When using the symbol view in GNOS, all datasets are listed whth their
nice looking preview images, which is really nice.

Except the data catalogues. I know, that preview of a data catalogue
really does not make much sense, but is it possible to define a kind of
default image for the preview of data catalogues?

Any hint is appreciated,

Thanks, Till

Re: Preview Dummy for Data Catalogues

Francois Prunayre
Hi Till, depends if you want to always have the same thumbnail for all
feature catalogue (in this case CSS can be used) or if you want to save the
overview URL in the XML of the feature catalogue (in this case, there is no
element for that but you could maybe use another element per convention
?).

HTH

Francois

Le mar. 2 juil. 2019 à 13:41, Till Adams <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Dear GNOS community,
>
> you know, whenever things look nice, the genius technology behind
> doesn't matter - as long as everything looks perfect ;-)
>
> Reagrding this issue, I have the following question, which arised in a
> project, where we use GNOS:
>
> When using the symbol view in GNOS, all datasets are listed whth their
> nice looking preview images, which is really nice.
>
> Except the data catalogues. I know, that preview of a data catalogue
> really does not make much sense, but is it possible to define a kind of
> default image for the preview of data catalogues?
>
> Any hint is appreciated,
>
> Thanks, Till

Re: Preview Dummy for Data Catalogues

Francois Prunayre
Hi Till,

you should have this image
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/41d47024c790f154af403401418d63713cb28e1e/web-ui/src/main/resources/catalog/views/default/images/no-thumbnail.png
as
the default. eg.
https://vanilla.geocat.net/geonetwork/srv/fre/catalog.search#/search?resultType=details&sortBy=relevance&from=1&to=20

And you should be able to adapt CSS here
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/41d47024c790f154af403401418d63713cb28e1e/web-ui/src/main/resources/catalog/style/gn_search.less#L449-L456

HTH

Francois