Bob Bruce repo down

pcav
Hi all.
The repo from Bob is down since several days: any hope of having it back? Bob, could
you move your plugins to the main repo?
All the best.

Re: Bob Bruce repo down

Bob Bruce-2
Hi Paolo:
                at first it seemed kind of neat to run my own repo. But since it has turned into an inconvenience for the QGIS community I will put my plugins up on the main server sometime within the next two days. Today is Thanksgiving and turkey so it won't happen today!

Do you know what the status of the development of the bultin QGIS GPS plugin is? I am still serving out my plugin and got a fix from a user a little while ago for making it work in Linux but since I don't have a linux version of QGIS running to test it with I haven't put it in. Would there be a user out there that you know who would be willing to test it? Is it worthwhile to put it in place?

thanks,
            Bob

Il 10/10/2010 18:32, Bob Bruce ha scritto:

> bultin QGIS GPS plugin is? I am still serving out my plugin and got a
> fix from a user a little while ago for making it work in Linux but since
> I don't have a linux version of QGIS running to test it with I haven't
> put it in. Would there be a user out there that you know who would be
> willing to test it? Is it worthwhile to put it in place?

Yes, it is. If you are uncertain, just tag the new version as Experimental, and keep
the old one.
All the best, and thanks.

Re: Bob Bruce repo down

Borys Jurgiel-2

Hi Bob,

Is the repo closed forever? Can I update Installer to remove it from the repository list? For now, I believe it's irritationg for users to wait for the timeout.

Re: Bob Bruce repo down

pcav
Il 19/10/2010 11:31, Borys Jurgiel ha scritto:

> Is the repo closed forever? Can I update Installer to remove it from the
> repository list? For now, I believe it's irritationg for users to wait
> for the timeout.

He said he was going to remove it, so it should be ok to remove it.
I agree is very annoying.
Of course the plugins should be saved (copying them to pyqgis?).
All the best.

Re: Bob Bruce repo down

Bob Bruce-3
Hi Borys:
                Yes please go ahead and close it. My Linux server died and I haven't got a replacement running yet. I will put the site up on another server soon for those people who have those site imbedded in their QGIS. And I will put the plugins up on the public repo.

    Bob

Sent from my iPhone

Dnia wtorek 19 października 2010 o 15:11:30 bob @ SHAW napisał(a):

> Hi Borys:

> Yes please go ahead and close it. My Linux server died and

> I haven't got a replacement running yet. I will put the site up on another

> server soon for those people who have those site imbedded in their QGIS.

> And I will put the plugins up on the public repo.

Ok, I'll update the installer so qgis 1.6 will remove the existing entry from its repo list.