Board meeting (or work party) Thursday 14:00 UTC

Board meeting (or work party) Thursday 14:00 UTC

jody.garnett
We did not establish a meeting time for June:

We had a request to default to the third Thursday of the month (to make this predictable), with that in mind let us try for tomorrow at 14:00 UTC. if we have enough bodies for quorum so much the better.

We have a number of things to sort out:

- f2f meeting Paris
- f2f meeting Boston (along with what assistance we can offer for travel)
- partner details for website content
- foss4g coordination

--
Jody Garnett

Re: Board meeting (or work party) Thursday 14:00 UTC

Sanghee Shin

Hi Jody,

I can attend the meeting. See you soon there.

Cheers,

신상희 드림
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
http://www.gaia3d.com

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2017 6 15일 목요일 오전 9:24
받는 사람: [hidden email]
제목: [Board] Board meeting (or work party) Thursday 14:00 UTC

We did not establish a meeting time for June:

We had a request to default to the third Thursday of the month (to make this predictable), with that in mind let us try for tomorrow at 14:00 UTC. if we have enough bodies for quorum so much the better.

We have a number of things to sort out:

- f2f meeting Paris

- f2f meeting Boston (along with what assistance we can offer for travel)

- partner details for website content

- foss4g coordination

--

Jody Garnett

Re: Board meeting (or work party) Thursday 14:00 UTC

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
On 2017/06/15 12:20, Shin, Sanghee wrote:
> Hi Jody,
>
> I can attend the meeting. See you soon there.

I can attend the meeting today.

Best

Venka

> Cheers,
> 신상희 드림
> ---
> Shin, Sanghee
> Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
> http://www.gaia3d.com
>
> 보낸 사람: Jody Garnett
> 보낸 날짜: 2017년 6월 15일 목요일 오전 9:24
> 받는 사람: [hidden email]
> 제목: [Board] Board meeting (or work party) Thursday 14:00 UTC
>
> We did not establish a meeting time for June:
>
> * https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#Board_Activities_and_Meetings
>
> We had a request to default to the third Thursday of the month (to make this predictable), with that in mind let us try for tomorrow at 14:00 UTC. if we have enough bodies for quorum so much the better.
>
> We have a number of things to sort out:
>
> - f2f meeting Paris
> - f2f meeting Boston (along with what assistance we can offer for travel)
> - partner details for website content
> - foss4g coordination
>
> --
> Jody Garnett

Re: Board meeting (or work party) Thursday 14:00 UTC

Helena Mitasova-7
I cannot make it today, Helena

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 2:23 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
We did not establish a meeting time for June:

We had a request to default to the third Thursday of the month (to make this predictable), with that in mind let us try for tomorrow at 14:00 UTC. if we have enough bodies for quorum so much the better.

We have a number of things to sort out:

- f2f meeting Paris
- f2f meeting Boston (along with what assistance we can offer for travel)
- partner details for website content
- foss4g coordination

--
Jody Garnett

Helena Mitasova
Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208

ph: 919-513-1327 (no voicemail)
fax 919 515-7802

Re: Board meeting (or work party) Thursday 14:00 UTC

Angelos Tzotsos
I can attend the meeting too.

Best,
Angelos

On 06/15/2017 06:33 AM, Venka wrote:

> On 2017/06/15 12:20, Shin, Sanghee wrote:
>> Hi Jody,
>>
>> I can attend the meeting. See you soon there.
>
> I can attend the meeting today.
>
> Best
>
> Venka
>

>> Cheers,
>> 신상희 드림
>> ---
>> Shin, Sanghee
>> Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
>> http://www.gaia3d.com
>>
>> 보낸 사람: Jody Garnett
>> 보낸 날짜: 2017년 6월 15일 목요일 오전 9:24
>> 받는 사람: [hidden email]
>> 제목: [Board] Board meeting (or work party) Thursday 14:00 UTC
>>
>> We did not establish a meeting time for June:
>>
>> *
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#Board_Activities_and_Meetings
>>
>> We had a request to default to the third Thursday of the month (to
>> make this predictable), with that in mind let us try for tomorrow at
>> 14:00 UTC. if we have enough bodies for quorum so much the better.
>>
>> We have a number of things to sort out:
>>
>> - f2f meeting Paris
>> - f2f meeting Boston (along with what assistance we can offer for
>> travel)
>> - partner details for website content
>> - foss4g coordination
>>
>> --
>> Jody Garnett

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Board meeting (or work party) Thursday 14:00 UTC

jody.garnett
We had enough for a chat / work party - not a meeting.

There is a motion to have the F2F meeting in Paris on the morning of Tuesday July 18th, and then the evening of Tuesday July 18th in loomio for everyone to consider:

Venka has volunteered to look at F2F meeting travel, while we reviewed our budget in a previous meeting we still needed a volunteer to coordinate. Thanks venka.

For website content I would like to ensure we have something, rather than try and make it perfect. Goal is to see our partners are listed. We can share the beta website with partners in august for feedback prior to the website going live.

I was able to write up the something for GSDI for the website content (took about five mins based on their website, about page and logo). One thing I noted was that they do not list OSGeo in their list of MOU organizations - any chance we can fix that? See this page for the list that does not include us :)

I have sent an email to Till Adams, covering the conference committee budget for the travel grant program. Venka had some questions we can clarify via email.

--
Jody Garnett

On 15 June 2017 at 06:56, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jodi, based on our MoU tracking wiki
this MoU has not been signed yet - that would explain why it is not listed on their website and it should not be listed on our website yet. Please use the wiki page above for the list of active MoUs.

Also, at my meeting at GetInteractive I suggested to only list the partners with one sentence description and a link to their website unless we have a dedicated volunteer who would be willing to keep the text and contacts on  our website up to date. Many organizations change their descriptions quite often and the same is true about the officers and contacts (e.g. for most of our active partners the presidents rotate on annual or bi-annual basis). In the past we were not even able to review the MoUs annually as written in the MoUs so we changed it to bi-annual renewals.

This is just my suggestion, feel free to keep the page with extended descriptions, but please do not include the MoUs that have not been signed yet and for which we do not have a signed hardcopy in Dropbox.

Thank you Helena

[...]

You have provided the guidence about https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_OSGeo_All  before, but not provided a list or updated the document to match, and nobody else has taken the time (including myself).

Looks like the list is:
  • International Cartographic Association (ICA)
  • International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS)
  • Spatial Information Office of Korea Land & Housing Corporation (LH Corp)
  • Open Geospatial Consortium Inc. (OGC)
  • University Consortium for Geographic Information Science (UCGIS)
  • Association of Geographic Information Laboratories in Europe (AGILE)
So I chose a bad example with GSDI :(

With respect to maintenance, we can leave off some details, such as contact person, if it is too difficult to maintain. I would rather have a page, because I suspect many people like myself have *no idea* what these different organizations do. But I want to try what can be done first, before giving up :)

--
Jody Garnett

On 15 June 2017 at 12:03, Helena Mitasova <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

ph: <a href="tel:(919)%20513-1327" value="+19195131327" target="_blank">919-513-1327 (no voicemail)
fax <a href="tel:(919)%20515-7802" value="+19195157802" target="_blank">919 515-7802

Re: Board meeting (or work party) Thursday 14:00 UTC

Helena Mitasova-7
The new website is a really good way to review everything and update everything that we are doing - thank you Jodi for being actively involved, it was great to see the progress given the complexity of our organization.

Venka, can you please let us know whether there is a signed document for any of these two - the first one was approved as far as I remember (we can check on loomio) but I am not sure about GSDI

Thank you, Helena