Board Candidate Manifestos: Sanghee Shin

12

Board Candidate Manifestos: Sanghee Shin

Sanghee Shin

Dear All,

I’ve posted my manifestos here: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2017_Candidate_Manifestos#Sanghee_Shin

Thanks for the nomination.

Kind regards,

신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
www.gaia3d.com

Re: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

Gert-Jan

Hi Board member candidates (and fellow voter members),

Thanks to Helena, Astrid, Jody and Sanghee for adding their Manifestos [1].

Really much appreciated, and at least now we have 6 known candidates to cast our 5 votes to!

I hope that Dirk, Venga and Jeff will take the opportunity to add their manifestos as well before the end of this campaign week.

After reading them, I have 3 questions:

= One to Sanghee:

I really like your personal review of the last 2 years as a Board member. Not just fun parts, but also some harder times.

Could you please elaborate on the "Sometimes I saw the 'Desire to the Innocence' from the community"? I simply don't quite understand what you mean by this.

= One to Astrid:

Almost all of your objectives seem outreach-related (PR, OSGeo Live etc.)

What  are the advantages of doing so as a Board member, instead of (or in addition to) begin a member of the recently revived Marketing Committee

= And one to all of you:

Some of you talk about being an inclusive organization.

For the geographical and probably cultural aspect of inclusiveness, do you think the Board should have it's roots in as much continents / languages as possible, so preferably 1 Board member from every continent (not counting for Antarctica, ha!)

Wishing you all the best and success in your campaigns,

Gert-Jan

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2017_Candidate_Manifestos

Re: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

dirkf
Gert-Jan,

here my first draft:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2017_Candidate_Manifestos#Dirk_Frigne

And for your question to all:

As of today I believe more in a strong board as a team, than
representatives from several regions. I think the representation from
the different regions should come from the local chapters who can act as
officers with the board.
The reason imho: today we are in the transformation of an OSGeo 2.0. A
strong team that can support this transition is the main focus today, I
think.

Just my 2c.

Dirk.

On 12-10-17 18:00, Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl wrote:

> Hi Board member candidates (and fellow voter members),
>

> Thanks to Helena, Astrid, Jody and Sanghee for adding their Manifestos [1].
>
> Really much appreciated, and at least now we have 6 known candidates to
> cast our 5 votes to!
>
> I hope that Dirk, Venga and Jeff will take the opportunity to add their
> manifestos as well before the end of this campaign week.
>

> After reading them, I have 3 questions:
>
> = One to Sanghee:
>
> I really like your personal review of the last 2 years as a Board
> member. Not just fun parts, but also some harder times.
>
> Could you please elaborate on the "Sometimes I saw the 'Desire to the
> Innocence' from the community"? I simply don't quite understand what you
> mean by this.
>

> = One to Astrid:
>
> Almost all of your objectives seem outreach-related (PR, OSGeo Live etc.)
>
> What  are the advantages of doing so as a Board member, instead of (or
> in addition to) begin a member of the recently revived Marketing Committee
>

> = And one to all of you:
>
> Some of you talk about being an inclusive organization.
>
> For the geographical and probably cultural aspect of inclusiveness, do
> you think the Board should have it's roots in as much continents /
> languages as possible, so preferably 1 Board member from every continent
> (not counting for Antarctica, ha!)
>

> Wishing you all the best and success in your campaigns,
>

> Gert-Jan
>

> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2017_Candidate_Manifestos

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Re: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

jody.garnett
Thanks for facilitating this discussion Get-Jan, comments inline.

Some of you talk about being an inclusive organization.

For the geographical and probably cultural aspect of inclusiveness, do you think the Board should have it's roots in as much continents / languages as possible, so preferably 1 Board member from every continent (not counting for Antarctica, ha!)

This is a tricky one,

For inclusiveness the IT industry has a deservedly poor reputation for diversity[1], one that apparently becomes worse with open source [2][3]. Our geospatial field is a bit of an oasis in IT, both with exploring new ideas and technologies, but also with respect to having a more diverse workforce and community. It would be wonderful if we can offer an a positive example.

OSGeo is a global organization and showcases how we can work together across cultures, continents and language. I trust us to see this energy harnessed at all levels of our foundation, not limited to the board.

With respect to the board, we depend on local chapters to focus on regional advocacy, it would be unusual for OSGeo to be asked to take a position on a national policy. On pragmatic front we have instigated the idea of maintaining vice-presidents across regions to reduce travel cost and prevent burn out which has plagued the position of president.

I found it great that our nomination process strove to promote diversity across technology stacks, and fields of endeavour. The fact that these technological barriers now seems "quaint" speaks to the success this organization has had. Considering the formally hard splits between "C" and "Java", it is wonderful to see those bridges made, and the tribes working together. When OSGeo was founded it was not yet apparent how close we would all become, and how much work is ahead of us to bring open source to the wider geospatial field. We still have a number of bridges to build in our organization, each time we do our reach grows higher.
--
Jody

[1] any link I found made me sad and discouraged

Re: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

Vicky Vergara-2
Hello all, Gret-Jan

In my view section of my manifesto I mention OSGeo  is here to serve the people of the world.
People in the world are Geographically distributed, have different cultures and using some number about the languages, for example, only in Mexico there are around 60+ languages and 6000+ languages around the world.
So, we are here to serve the people regardless of the Geographical diversity, culture diversity, DNA diversity, gender diversity, political diversity, religious diversity.

I don't think that is compulsory to have a representation of every continent/country/language/DNA/gender  on every cycle of the Board, but I think it would help if from time to time the  diversities are also represented.

I hope the above answers your question. And I also hope that the following raises some internal questions:

I will talk about  what I know:
Spanish is the second most spoken language on the world (first is mandarin) and is the official language of 20 countries, 19 are located in Latin America 1 is located in Europe.
Since OSGeo started there has not being a person  in the Board  from any of those countries. [1]
Some truth reality: [2] (Using data before this last charter member election)
Total Spanish Speaking charter members: 24 = 16 (Spain) + 1 (Uruguay) + 6 (Argentina) + 1 (México)
Total Latin American charter members: 8 = 1 (Uruguay) + 6 (Argentina) + 1 (México)
Total charter members from Peru + Bolivia: 0
Total charter members from Netherlands: 9

Some questions arise:
Why it is possible with 9 charter members, to create a local chapter? [3]
Are the people on the photograph of Netherlands local chapter registered as OSGeo users?
If so, what haven't they done to become a charter member?
Why with 0 charters members people can start building a local chapter? [4]
Are these working Peruvians registered as OSGeo users?
If so, and having the fact that they are working to build the local chapter, why they are not a charter member?

Maybe some answer to those questions will give a hint of:
Why Geoinquietos Argentina [5] can organize FOSS4G and with 6 charter members, there is no Argentina local chapter?
Why on countries with at least 1 charter member (on Uruguay and Mexico) no one is starting a local chapter on those countries?
Is it because we are waiting for more OSGeo charter members?
Is it because we don't know who is a user?
Is it because we  need to learn how to be open?
Is it because people that use OSGeo do not register as users?
Is it because we don't understand English?
Is it because only 58% of people who starts High School finishes High School? [6]
  I don’t know the Netherlands education situation, so maybe we are similar, if it is the case, then I would ask:
  How could you make your local chapter, when this kind of desertion from school happens?

Regards
Vicky

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Charter members and local chapters (was: RE: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions)

Gert-Jan

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for your answer to my question.

Regarding the number (9) of charter members in the Dutch local chapter:

By time we started the local chapter there were just 3 charter members, I guess.

To my opinion in regard to setting up and running a local chapter being an OSGeo.org charter member is of no (that is: zero) importance.

Charter membership is an OSGeo.org category, not related to the Dutch organisation.

From my point of view, OSgeo.org charter membership is more like a sort of title, given to people who in the past few year have made themselves in one way or another valuable for the OSGeo community.

In our local chapter we have a sort of loose membership,  which is simply a fact of writing your name on the wiki. (by this time 126).

In daly life, that list is just one of 3 indicators of connectivity; the Dutch mailinglists holds some 240 people (mostly developer-oriented) and our Meetup group has 329 members (mainly end-user based)

The Dutch local chapter is a legal foundation, and foundations simply don't  have such a thing as membership. As opposed to associations.

The German speaking chapter (FOSSGIS), for instance is organized as a association, and thus has formal members (who pay an annual fee).

Kinds regards,

Gert-Jan

Re: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

Helena Mitasova-7

= And one to all of you:
Some of you talk about being an inclusive organization.
For the geographical and probably cultural aspect of inclusiveness, do you think the Board should have it's roots in as much continents / languages as possible, so preferably 1 Board member from every continent (not counting for Antarctica, ha!)

keeping my answer short -
this issue comes up regularly and I believe that we should strive for geographical diversity, but it would be difficult
to make it mandatory, given that we are volunteer driven organization,

Helena

Wishing you all the best and success in your campaigns,

Gert-Jan

Re: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

María Arias de Reyna-4
Hi Ger-Jan (and all),

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 6:00 PM, Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Board member candidates (and fellow voter members),

= And one to all of you:

Some of you talk about being an inclusive organization.

For the geographical and probably cultural aspect of inclusiveness, do you think the Board should have it's roots in as much continents / languages as possible, so preferably 1 Board member from every continent (not counting for Antarctica, ha!)

I am no friend of quotas. At least everytime I have been offered things just because I was a woman and they needed a female because [reason not related to my real value] it made me feel really bad. Why would I want to be somewhere (a board or whatever) where everyone knows I am there not because I deserve it but because something I didn't even choose? If I accepted, no one was going to hear my voice, I would have been unable to do anything for real. No, thanks.

Said this, on an ideal world probably we would have in average one person for each continent or language or culture or ethnicity or gender or whatever criteria you want to split people into.

Would we achieve this by forcing quotas? We could but, I rather prefer to get more diverse people engage and enthusiast with OSGeo so in the end they will become natural leaders. Making an effort to help diverse people more comfortable in OSGeo and encourage them to participate more? Yes. Giving visibility to diverse people that are doing great things inside OSGeo? Sure. Making an effort to put someone in some position just because we have to fill a quota? No, thanks.

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 8:37 PM, Vicky Vergara <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi,

Am I confused or wasn't Jorge Sanz part of the board a few years ago?

Not that I want to break your argument, you are right in everything else, we (spanish-speaking) are very misrepresented considering how many we are on the day to day work. And having a Spanish-speaking chapter is like... English-speaking chapter? Too big. We had to break into smaller GeoInquietos groups to be able to handle it. It is just too big. And still, except for local organization purposes, having a global Spanish Chapter is great.

Re: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello Gert-Jan,

thanks for your questions.

Am 2017-10-12 18:00, schrieb Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting
OSGeo.nl:
> Hi Board member candidates (and fellow voter members),
> = One to Astrid:
>
> Almost all of your objectives seem outreach-related (PR, OSGeo Live
> etc.)
>
> What  are the advantages of doing so as a Board member, instead of (or
> in addition to) begin a member of the recently revived Marketing
> Committee

Yes - you are right. I do a lot of outreach-work.

I am fine with the things that I already do and could go on like this or
could get more involved in other Committees. So I do not have to become
a member of the board. Maybe that would be the same for all nominees
somehow.

So I am also fine, not to be on the board.

On the other hand working on the board may be a good opportunity to get
a different perspective to OSGeo and to work & discuss in a team on some
goals and to support to get other people of OSGeo worldwide involved.

> = And one to all of you:
>
> Some of you talk about being an inclusive organization.
>
> For the geographical and probably cultural aspect of inclusiveness, do
> you think the Board should have it's roots in as much continents /
> languages as possible, so preferably 1 Board member from every
> continent (not counting for Antarctica, ha!)

There are different categories that you could use to classify the board
members - by continent, by gender, by topic, by technology, by language,
by ...

Sure it would be great to have a board with a great diversity. But maybe
with only 9 members on the board it won't be so easy. So maybe the focus
could be to have a board that works together well and makes productive
descissions and integrates the other members / chapters / projects of
OSGeo.

Astrid

--
Astrid Emde
Charter Member

Re: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Gert-Jan, indeed I get -5 in late fees for my manifesto! ha.    I
needed time to think on all of the things being mentioned about me, that
is all.  I didn't want to send a response without giving it proper
thought, and show respect for all concerns.  I hope you can freely ask
me questions here, and I will respond.  -jeff

On 2017-10-12 1:00 PM, Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl wrote:
> Hi Board member candidates (and fellow voter members),
>
> Thanks to Helena, Astrid, Jody and Sanghee for adding their Manifestos [1].
>
> Really much appreciated, and at least now we have 6 known candidates to
> cast our 5 votes to!
>
> I hope that Dirk, Venga and Jeff will take the opportunity to add their
> manifestos as well before the end of this campaign week.

> After reading them, I have 3 questions:
>
> = One to Sanghee:
>
> I really like your personal review of the last 2 years as a Board
> member. Not just fun parts, but also some harder times.
>
> Could you please elaborate on the "Sometimes I saw the 'Desire to the
> Innocence' from the community"? I simply don't quite understand what you
> mean by this.
>
> = One to Astrid:
>
> Almost all of your objectives seem outreach-related (PR, OSGeo Live etc.)
>
> What  are the advantages of doing so as a Board member, instead of (or
> in addition to) begin a member of the recently revived Marketing Committee
>
> = And one to all of you:
>
> Some of you talk about being an inclusive organization.
>
> For the geographical and probably cultural aspect of inclusiveness, do
> you think the Board should have it's roots in as much continents /
> languages as possible, so preferably 1 Board member from every continent
> (not counting for Antarctica, ha!)
>
> Wishing you all the best and success in your campaigns,
>
> Gert-Jan
>
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2017_Candidate_Manifestos

Venkatesh Raghavan
Hi Gert-Jan and all,

On 10/13/2017 1:00 AM, Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl wrote:
I hope that Dirk, Venga and Jeff will take the opportunity to add their manifestos as well before the end of this campaign week.

My write-up for the up-coming board election is now available
at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2017_Candidate_Manifestos#Venkatesh_Raghavan

= And one to all of you:

Some of you talk about being an inclusive organization.

For the geographical and probably cultural aspect of inclusiveness, do you think the Board should have it's roots in as much continents / languages as possible, so preferably 1 Board member from every continent (not counting for Antarctica, ha!)

I think the board should strive to incorporate multicultural perspectives,
where ever that may come from (could even come from someone
working at the permanent Antarctica basecamp, ha!).

Cheers and best of luck to all the nominees.

Best

Venka

Wishing you all the best and success in your campaigns,

Gert-Jan

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2017_Candidate_Manifestos

Re: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

Sanghee Shin

Hi GJ,

My answers inline:

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2017 10 13일 금요일 오전 1:00
받는 사람: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
참조: [hidden email]
제목: RE: [OSGeo-Discuss] Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

After reading them, I have 3 questions:

= One to Sanghee:

I really like your personal review of the last 2 years as a Board member. Not just fun parts, but also some harder times.

Could you please elaborate on the "Sometimes I saw the 'Desire to the Innocence' from the community"? I simply don't quite understand what you mean by this.

I got this kind of feelings when sometimes saw antipathy against commercial/proprietary services/products. Open source and commercial/proprietary use the same language and tools to achieve same goal, while paths are different.

= And one to all of you:

Some of you talk about being an inclusive organization.

For the geographical and probably cultural aspect of inclusiveness, do you think the Board should have it's roots in as much continents / languages as possible, so preferably 1 Board member from every continent (not counting for Antarctica, ha!)

That might be ideal configuration if we could have board members not only from different continents/languages but also from diverse domains.

Best regards,

신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
www.gaia3d.com

Re: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

Ravi Kumar-3
"1 Board member from every continent"
Representation from the (rest of) World on OSGeo Board.. This was discussed several times earlier..
The would be incumbents, may tilt and give us a solution in the near future..
Cheers
Ravi Kumar

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:30 PM, Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Andy Anderson-3
We should consider using ranked-choice voting with proportional representation [1] instead of the current at-large system of electing the board. It will ensure majority rule but also provide representation of larger minority interests.

— Andy

[1] http://www.fairvote.org/fair_representation#ranked_choice_voting_pr

On Oct 16, 2017, at 10:50 PM, Ravi Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
[...]

That is some bold thinking Dirk, I like it.

I would want to be careful to establish the relationship appropriately; and be pretty much guided by the local chapters on this one. One advantage to being a local chapter can be as a separate legal entity. I guess for local chapters that want to preserve that relationship we could have a representative as a contact point.

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 10:20 AM Dirk Frigne <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gert-Jan,

here my first draft:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2017_Candidate_Manifestos#Dirk_Frigne

And for your question to all:

As of today I believe more in a strong board as a team, than
representatives from several regions. I think the representation from
the different regions should come from the local chapters who can act as
officers with the board.
The reason imho: today we are in the transformation of an OSGeo 2.0. A
strong team that can support this transition is the main focus today, I
think.

Just my 2c.

Dirk.

On 12-10-17 18:00, Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl wrote:
> Hi Board member candidates (and fellow voter members),
>

> Thanks to Helena, Astrid, Jody and Sanghee for adding their Manifestos [1].
>
> Really much appreciated, and at least now we have 6 known candidates to
> cast our 5 votes to!
>
> I hope that Dirk, Venga and Jeff will take the opportunity to add their
> manifestos as well before the end of this campaign week.
>

> After reading them, I have 3 questions:
>
> = One to Sanghee:
>
> I really like your personal review of the last 2 years as a Board
> member. Not just fun parts, but also some harder times.
>
> Could you please elaborate on the "Sometimes I saw the 'Desire to the
> Innocence' from the community"? I simply don't quite understand what you
> mean by this.
>

> = One to Astrid:
>
> Almost all of your objectives seem outreach-related (PR, OSGeo Live etc.)
>
> What  are the advantages of doing so as a Board member, instead of (or
> in addition to) begin a member of the recently revived Marketing Committee
>

> = And one to all of you:
>
> Some of you talk about being an inclusive organization.
>
> For the geographical and probably cultural aspect of inclusiveness, do
> you think the Board should have it's roots in as much continents /
> languages as possible, so preferably 1 Board member from every continent
> (not counting for Antarctica, ha!)
>

> Wishing you all the best and success in your campaigns,
>

> Gert-Jan
>

> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2017_Candidate_Manifestos

Tel: <a href="tel:+32%209%20236%2060%2018" target="_blank" value="+3292366018">+32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Re: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

jmckenna
Administrator
Interesting Andy, I can see how that RCV/PR/ranking could help better
representation from our local chapters.  I think after the dust settles
on this election, we should all then take a deep breath and sit back and
analyze this 2017 election process, and together (as Charter members)
make a proposal for future elections - I'd prefer to see this proposal
happen in the next month, while it is still fresh in all of our minds -
Andy it would be great to have your input on this.

PS. happy to be a part of the OSGeo animal kingdom (reference to the
video in Andy's link ha)

-jeff

On 2017-10-17 9:47 AM, Andy Anderson wrote:

> So I could make this a fourth question. What are the candidates
> perspectives on using RCV/PR to increase representation from The Rest of
> the World?
>
> — Andy
>
>> On Oct 16, 2017, at 11:23 PM, Andy Anderson <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> We should consider using ranked-choice voting with proportional
>> representation [1] instead of the current at-large system of electing
>> the board. It will ensure majority rule but also provide
>> representation of larger minority interests.
>>
>> — Andy
>>
>> [1] http://www.fairvote.org/fair_representation#ranked_choice_voting_pr
>>
>>> On Oct 16, 2017, at 10:50 PM, Ravi Kumar
>>> <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> "1 Board member from every continent"
>>> Representation from the (rest of) World on OSGeo Board.. This was
>>> discussed several times earlier..
>>> The would be incumbents, may tilt and give us a solution in the near
>>> future..
>>> Cheers
>>> Ravi Kumar

Re: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

dirkf
Jeff,
Andy,

What do you mean by RCV/PR?

not clear for me.

Dirk

On 17-10-17 15:12, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Interesting Andy, I can see how that RCV/PR/ranking could help better
> representation from our local chapters.  I think after the dust settles
> on this election, we should all then take a deep breath and sit back and
> analyze this 2017 election process, and together (as Charter members)
> make a proposal for future elections - I'd prefer to see this proposal
> happen in the next month, while it is still fresh in all of our minds -
> Andy it would be great to have your input on this.
>
> PS. happy to be a part of the OSGeo animal kingdom (reference to the
> video in Andy's link ha)
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2017-10-17 9:47 AM, Andy Anderson wrote:
>> So I could make this a fourth question. What are the candidates
>> perspectives on using RCV/PR to increase representation from The Rest
>> of the World?
>>
>> — Andy
>>
>>> On Oct 16, 2017, at 11:23 PM, Andy Anderson <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> We should consider using ranked-choice voting with proportional
>>> representation [1] instead of the current at-large system of electing
>>> the board. It will ensure majority rule but also provide
>>> representation of larger minority interests.
>>>
>>> — Andy
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.fairvote.org/fair_representation#ranked_choice_voting_pr

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Re: Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

jody.garnett
I would be willing to give it a shot.

Dirk here is a comic from australia so it is blunt. It allows voters a way out of choosing between their heart and their head.

--
Jody Garnett

On 17 October 2017 at 06:26, Dirk Frigne <[hidden email]> wrote:
Jeff,
Andy,

What do you mean by RCV/PR?

not clear for me.

Dirk

On 17-10-17 15:12, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Interesting Andy, I can see how that RCV/PR/ranking could help better
> representation from our local chapters.  I think after the dust settles
> on this election, we should all then take a deep breath and sit back and
> analyze this 2017 election process, and together (as Charter members)
> make a proposal for future elections - I'd prefer to see this proposal
> happen in the next month, while it is still fresh in all of our minds -
> Andy it would be great to have your input on this.
>
> PS. happy to be a part of the OSGeo animal kingdom (reference to the
> video in Andy's link ha)
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2017-10-17 9:47 AM, Andy Anderson wrote:
>> So I could make this a fourth question. What are the candidates
>> perspectives on using RCV/PR to increase representation from The Rest
>> of the World?
>>
>> — Andy
>>
>>> On Oct 16, 2017, at 11:23 PM, Andy Anderson <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> We should consider using ranked-choice voting with proportional
>>> representation [1] instead of the current at-large system of electing
>>> the board. It will ensure majority rule but also provide
>>> representation of larger minority interests.
>>>
>>> — Andy
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.fairvote.org/fair_representation#ranked_choice_voting_pr

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: <a href="tel:%2B32%209%20236%2060%2018" value="+3292366018">+32 9 236 60 18
GSM: <a href="tel:%2B32%20495%20508%20799" value="+32495508799">+32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne