Black Screen and White Globe When Running OssimPlanet

Black Screen and White Globe When Running OssimPlanet

Li, Joshua S CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-PACIFIC, 56330
I'm experiencing a problem when i'm executing my ossimplanetviewer.exe. When I run it the screen goes black and all i see (on my two LCD's) is a black screen and half the globe on one screen and the other half on the other (the globes are white in color).

I'm trying to run this with all the .dll's in my local path. So I copied all the .dll's created from ossim, ossimPredator and ossimPlanet. In addition, i've also added the requested .dll's from my local directory. And finally I copied over all the OSG plugin dll's.

With everything I stated above, I run ossimplanetviewer.exe and as a result the command line prints the following:

"  Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "".  "

I tried using the .dll tracer to find out what file they are searching for and i've discovered it to be "MINGW_OSG_.dll"  and of course this file does not exist. I'm assuming it's trying to look for a plugin with no name (since the last portion of the name is missing).

What can I do to fix any of these problems?

Re: Black Screen and White Globe When Running OssimPlanet

Garrett Potts
Hello:

White earth is fine.  That is the default unless you add data.  do,

ossimplanetviewer --help

you can add an image by doing:

ossimplanetviewer --add-image <image file>

under the module ossim_package_support you will see a default
reference image under images/reference.  You can add that image.

Take care

Garrett