Beta 3 available

Andrea Carboni-2
Hi all,

here is a quick new beta which fixes some annoying bugs.
There are also some new features:

- Added possibility to harvest old geonetwork 2.0 nodes
- Passwords are now encrypted using a SHA-1 algorithm

Due to this release and some delays, the RC release will
be postponed by 1 week.

Cheers,
Andrea

Re: Beta 3 available

naveedkanji
hi! i'm new to this forum.  i just downloaded the beta 3 version and i tried to import some xml code which i created recently and i made sure it was valid.  i saved this file to my harddrive as an xml file and then tried to upload it using the xml metadata insert feature.

i selected iso 19115 for schema and then clicked insert.  i saw all the fields being filled in correctly except now when i click the check button on top, i get the following errors

Cannot build ServiceRequest
Cause : C:\Program Files\geonetwork\web\WEB-INF\data\tmp (Access is denied)
Error : java.io.FileNotFoundException
Stack :
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\geonetwork\web\WEB-INF\data\tmp (Access is denied)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.disk.DiskFileItem.write(DiskFileItem.java:400)
        at jeeves.server.sources.ServiceRequestFactory.getMultipartParams(ServiceRequestFactory.java:265)
        at jeeves.server.sources.ServiceRequestFactory.extractParameters(ServiceRequestFactory.java:214)
        at jeeves.server.sources.ServiceRequestFactory.create(ServiceRequestFactory.java:136)
        at jeeves.server.sources.http.JeevesServlet.execute(JeevesServlet.java:146)
        at jeeves.server.sources.http.JeevesServlet.doPost(JeevesServlet.java:98)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:616)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:427)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:473)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1565)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext.java:635)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1517)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:983)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833)
        at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244)
        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)

RequestURI=/geonetwork/srv/en/metadata.update.validate

can anyone help?

Andrea Carboni-2 wrote
Hi all,

here is a quick new beta which fixes some annoying bugs.
There are also some new features:

- Added possibility to harvest old geonetwork 2.0 nodes
- Passwords are now encrypted using a SHA-1 algorithm

Due to this release and some delays, the RC release will
be postponed by 1 week.

Cheers,
Andrea

Re: Beta 3 available

Pickering, Jason Paul
Well, this pretty much says it all:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program
Files\geonetwork\web\WEB-INF\data\tmp (Access is denied)

Are you sure that this directory exists and that appropriate permissions
have been set?

/Jason

)

Andrea Carboni-2 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> here is a quick new beta which fixes some annoying bugs.
> There are also some new features:
>
> - Added possibility to harvest old geonetwork 2.0 nodes
> - Passwords are now encrypted using a SHA-1 algorithm
>
> Due to this release and some delays, the RC release will
> be postponed by 1 week.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrea

Re: Beta 3 available

naveedkanji
yep!

the permissions can't be the problem, because its on my C drive and i've seen the permissions.  it only happens in the beta version for me.  when i use version 2.0.3, the check feature works fine.  just wondering if anyone else had the same problem and if so were they able to fix it.

PICKERING, Jason wrote