Best way to create stretched RGB images from single raw bands

Best way to create stretched RGB images from single raw bands

epifanio
Hi,

follow up on the RGB image creation, I’m now trying to generate a stretched (using  histogram operation: auto min-max / 3rd std / … .. )

for now I’m duplicating the single bands this way:

# create overview
ossim-img2rr red.tif
ossim-img2rr green.tif
ossim-img2rr blue.tif

# create new stretched images
ossim-orthoigen --hist-auto-minmax red.tif red_hist.tif
ossim-orthoigen --hist-auto-minmax green.tif green_hist.tif
ossim-orthoigen --hist-auto-minmax blue.tif blue_hist.tif

# final rgb
!ossim-band-merge jpeg red_hist.tif  green_hist.tif blue_hist.tif rgb_hist.jpeg

I’m pretty sure using ossim-orthoigen or ossim-chip I should be able to merge the last 2 step in a single one.
Have you any clue on the correct command and options  I should use?

Thanks,
Massimo.

p.s.
I’ve few more doubts about other commands (ossim-chip for color-relief) but i’ll open a new topic for that.