BaseMap

Douglas Gardim
Hi community,

I'm using MapGuideEnterprise2011, and something weird is happening to my base layers.

I drilled down the problem to this:

We have a BaseMapDefinition with a couple of BaseMapLayers and a few regular MapLayers. In this situation the baselayers work pretty well and the tiled map images are generated gracefully.

<MapDefinition ...>
  <MapLayer>...</MapLayer>
  <MapLayer>...</MapLayer>
  <BaseMapDefinition>
    <BaseMapLayerGroup>
      <BaseMapLayer>...</BaseMapLayer>
      <BaseMapLayer>...</BaseMapLayer>
    </BaseMapLayerGroup>
  </BaseMapDefinition>

</MapDefinition>

The problem starts when I add a simple empty MapLayerGroup to my MapDefinition. When I try to use this configuration my base layers simply stop working. The MapLayers continue showing normally, but nothing shows up in the BaseMapLayers. The base layers are shown only in the layers list.

<MapDefinition ...>
  <MapLayer>...</MapLayer>
  <MapLayer>...</MapLayer>
**<MapLayerGroup><Name>New Layer Group</Name>...</MapLayerGroup>**
  <BaseMapDefinition>
    <BaseMapLayerGroup>
      <BaseMapLayer>...</BaseMapLayer>
      <BaseMapLayer>...</BaseMapLayer>
    </BaseMapLayerGroup>
  </BaseMapDefinition>

</MapDefinition>

I found that MapGuide has created a "New Layer Group" directory (the name of the MapLayerGroup!!) inside the \Server\Repositories\TileCache directory, going down the directory tree I see many empty tiled images. It seems like it tried to create a tiled map for my MapLayerGroup instead of the BaseMapLayerGroup.

I dont believe it's a bug because using MapLayerGroups together with BaseMapLayerGroups seems to be a very common configuration to me.
Am I missing something here? Have anyone ever experienced something like this?

Thanks in advance!
DougG

Re: BaseMap

Douglas Gardim
I guess I found something here...

in "fusionSF.js" inside "mapLoaded:function(r)" I have this line of code:
this.groupName = o.groups[0].groupName;  //assumes only one group for now

It is the first time I'm dealing with this fusion code so I'm not very sure about the whole thing.. But I could see that this o.groups has all the groups: first the regular layer groups and after those the base layer groups.. so I changed the code to get the last group:
this.groupName = o.groups[o.groups.length - 1].groupName;  //assumes only one *base layer* group for now

Well, it works... I havent seen any bad side effects yet.. :)