Band selection using entry decoding (and batch processing?)

Band selection using entry decoding (and batch processing?)

GinBijn
Hi all,

I want to orthorectify an 4-band input image and use the 3,2,1 bands in that order
I am using the following command:
ossim-orthoigen --srs EPSG:32621 --scale-to-8-bit --enable-entry-decoding C:\Users\gbij\Documents\wv2\P002_MUL\14SEP14142121-M2AS-053512473040_01_P002.TIL|0|3,2,1 G:\WV2\P002.tif

But I get the error:
'0' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Is my syntax incorrect?
Also, I was wondering if it is possible to run a batch on a list of files, creating a different output for each run. In other words, I do not want to mosaic the images (not yet).

Additional info:
Running the Ossim installer for windows ossim_x64_1_8_19-20150327-1 on W7 64 bit with 8Gb Ram.
Input image is a .til file from a WorldView2 scene

Re: Band selection using entry decoding (and batch processing?)

David Burken
Hi,

On linux I had to quote it, e.g.:

ossim-orthoigen --utm --scale-to-8-bit --enable-entry-decoding --meters
50.0 "5V090205M0001912264B220000100072M_001508507.ntf|0|3,2,1"
outputs/t1.tif

No batch method at this point, sorry.

Take care,
Dave

On 04/15/2015 07:46 AM, GinBijn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to orthorectify an 4-band input image and use the 3,2,1 bands in that
> order
> I am using the following command:
> ossim-orthoigen --srs EPSG:32621 --scale-to-8-bit --enable-entry-decoding
> C:\Users\gbij\Documents\wv2\P002_MUL\14SEP14142121-M2AS-053512473040_01_P002.TIL|0|3,2,1
> G:\WV2\P002.tif
>
> But I get the error:
> '0' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program
> or batch file
>
> Is my syntax incorrect?
> Also, I was wondering if it is possible to run a batch on a list of files,
> creating a different output for each run. In other words, I do not want to
> mosaic the images (not yet).
>
> Additional info:
> Running the Ossim installer for windows ossim_x64_1_8_19-20150327-1 on W7 64
> bit with 8Gb Ram.
> Input image is a .til file from a WorldView2 scene

Re: Band selection using entry decoding (and batch processing?)

Peter Borissow
I don't think you can process an individual entry in a .til file like that. It kinda defeats the purpose of having a til file. The advantage of using the TIL file is that all the image "tiles" can be seamlessly mosaiked into a single scene. Otherwise you'll have alignment issues at the seams.

If you want to process an individual image referenced in the til file, pass orthoigen a specific file referenced inside the TIL file.

Peter

Re: Band selection using entry decoding (and batch processing?)

GinBijn
Putting in the quotes seems to take care of the error I mentioned in my first post.

However, I now receive an error that I have an "unsupported spatial reference system"

My image is scene is an "ortho-ready" product. If i run the command without the --srs EPSG:32621, the process complets successfully with the output in EPSG 4326 (geographic projection).
Ideally I want the output in EPSG 32621.

Peter, I believe I haven't made my self completely clear. I don't want to ortho a single file in the til, I want to process several til files without making a mosaic. I have til fils covering different areas that I need to keep seperate. I just wanted to pas one batch file or so and let the computer work during the night.

Re: Band selection using entry decoding (and batch processing?)

Peter Borissow
OK, I think I understand. You want to create a bunch of orthos using TIL files (1 ortho per TIL). You want the output orthos in EPSG:32621

The error you're seeing might be a configuration issue. In your ossim_prefs file, you should have something like this:

epsg_database_file1: D:\ossim\x64\bin\ossim_epsg_projections-v7_4.csv
epsg_database_file2: D:\ossim\x64\bin\ossim_state_plane_spcs.csv
epsg_database_file3: D:\ossim\x64\bin\ossim_wkt_pcs.csv
epsg_database_file4: D:\ossim\x64\bin\ossim_harn_state_plane_epsg.csv
epsg_database_file5: D:\ossim\x64\bin\ossim_harn_state_plane_esri.csv

Its possible that these settings have changed in recent years. I'm sure someone will chime in if they have.

As for running multiple orthoigen tasks overnight, since you're on windows the simplest thing would be is to write a .bat file.

Good Luck!
Peter

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5201520/Capture_epsg.jpg>

My image is scene is an "ortho-ready" product. If i run the command without
the --srs EPSG:32621, the process complets successfully with the output in
EPSG 4326 (geographic projection).
Ideally I want the output in EPSG 32621.

Peter, I believe I haven't made my self completely clear. I don't want to
ortho a single file in the til, I want to process several til files without
making a mosaic. I have til fils covering different areas that I need to
keep seperate. I just wanted to pas one batch file or so and let the
computer work during the night.

Re: Band selection using entry decoding (and batch processing?)

David Burken

You need to be sure your picking up the epsg files.  I'm guessing you
didn't source the ossim.bat file.  So you're probably not picking up
correct elevation either.

// linux example:
ossim-info --config

epsg_database_file1:
/work/osgeo/ossim/share/ossim/projection/ossim_epsg_projections-v7_4.csv
epsg_database_file2:
/work/osgeo/ossim/share/ossim/projection/ossim_harn_state_plane_epsg.csv
epsg_database_file3:
/work/osgeo/ossim/share/ossim/projection/ossim_state_plane_spcs.csv
epsg_database_file4:
/work/osgeo/ossim/share/ossim/projection/ossim_harn_state_plane_esri.csv

On 04/15/2015 01:44 PM, GinBijn wrote:
> However, I now receive an error that I have an "unsupported spatial
> reference system"
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5201520/Capture_epsg.jpg>
>
> My image is scene is an "ortho-ready" product. If i run the command without
> the --srs EPSG:32621, the process complets successfully with the output in
> EPSG 4326 (geographic projection).
> Ideally I want the output in EPSG 32621.

Re: Band selection using entry decoding (and batch processing?)

GinBijn

David, I did source the .bat file.
A test with ossim-info --height returns values:

running --config also shows the files you mentioned:

Re: Band selection using entry decoding (and batch processing?)

David Burken
Is the epsg path correct?  Looks like a double "ossim\ossim\"

A test with ossim-info --height returns values:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5201552/Capture_elev.jpg>

running --config also shows the files you mentioned:

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5201552/Capture_epsg2.jpg>

Re: Band selection using entry decoding (and batch processing?)

GinBijn
David and Peter,

It seems that was the problem. I had added an extra "ossim" by mistake in the path to the files in my prefs file.

Thank you for your quick replies.