Backup/Restore Workspace Configuration

Diego M.
I installed Geoserver on Ubuntu as a WAR in Apache Tomcat. Therefore, there is no data_dir created. Now I'm searching for a way to backup a workspace and all it's layers and configuration then restore it on new server. Seems like I cannot do that without the data_dir. Any idea?

Re: Backup/Restore Workspace Configuration

russoggi255
There should be a data_dir. If you look at the Admin console, one of the screens will tell you where it is.

Russ

-----------------------

> On 11 Dec 2014, at 05:24, Diego M. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I installed Geoserver on Ubuntu as a WAR in Apache Tomcat. Therefore, there
> is no data_dir created. Now I'm searching for a way to backup a workspace
> and all it's layers and configuration then restore it on new server. Seems
> like I cannot do that without the data_dir. Any idea?

Re: Backup/Restore Workspace Configuration

Stefano Iacovella
Ciao Diego,

By default the data_dir is in <Tomcat_Home>/webapps/geoserver/data
If you want you may use an exteral location by editing the web.xml file located in <Tomcat_Home>/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF

Cheers,

Stefano

41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

I installed Geoserver on Ubuntu as a WAR in Apache Tomcat. Therefore, there
is no data_dir created. Now I'm searching for a way to backup a workspace
and all it's layers and configuration then restore it on new server. Seems
like I cannot do that without the data_dir. Any idea?

Re: Backup/Restore Workspace Configuration

Diego M.
This post was updated on .
Thank you!!
I found it in /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/geoserver/