BCS SoC Conference plans for 2018

Nick Bearman
Hello,

As discussed at the AGM, here is some information on the BCS SoC Conference plans for 2018.

BCS & SoC are going to run a joint week of events in London, 2nd - 6th Sept 2018. They are hiring a space for three of these days and are looking to run or support other events alongside this. They are open to suggestions and want to showcase to a wider audience than they traditionally address.

I think something addressing the current open source presentation tools would be successful (such as the new presentation & symbology features in QGIS).

Seppe and Paul (cc'd) are coordinating the event currently, and are putting together a rough outline of events together for the end of October I believe. I'm happy to keep OSGeo:UK up-to-date and liaise between the two groups.

(Seppe & Paul, feel free to chime in and correct anything if I have gotton it wrong!)

Best wishes,
Nick.

--

Nick Bearman
Senior GIS Analyst & Course Director

--

Clear Mapping Company

--

Call: +44 (0)1326 337072 or +44 (0)7717 745715
Email: [hidden email]

Address: Clear Mapping Company, Waterside House, Falmouth Road, Penryn, Cornwall TR10 8BE

Vat Registered No. 216 6526 12

Re: BCS SoC Conference plans for 2018

OSGeo UK
Timing is not ideal as it is immediately after FOSS4G in Dar es Salaam which means some of us won’t be back but no doubt there are many who won’t be going to Dar who will be interested in a London event.

Given that we have a FOSS4GUK in planning for March we will need to come up with something different to attract delegates and organisers in September. Perhaps the QGIS UG might want to organise something?

cheers

__________________
Steven Feldman
Treasurer OSGeo:UK

On 29 Sep 2017, at 15:45, Nick Bearman <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Mark Iliffe
Dear all,

I’d like to echo Steven’s comments below - especially considering that we believe (I’m chairing FOSS4G in Dar!) we believe that a significant number of our delegates will take the opportunity for holiday/safari following the conference.

Best,

Mark

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: BCS SoC Conference plans for 2018

Nick Bearman
Thanks for the heads-up about the dates Steve and Mark - that's good to know.
I will let you know how the plans develop.

Best wishes,
Nick.

On 2 October 2017 at 09:02, Mark Iliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Call: <a href="tel:+44%201326%20337072" value="+441326337072" target="_blank">+44 (0)1326 337072 or <a href="tel:+44%207717%20745715" value="+447717745715" target="_blank">+44 (0)7717 745715