BAD field type for CSV Layer when using csvt

BAD field type for CSV Layer when using csvt

Steve.Toutant
I'm creating a layer from a CSV file. I have created .csvt file.
From the Create a Layer from a Delimited text file I see that the field rls_est is a string and the leading zero is there.
But when I click Ok, the layer is created and rls_est field type is integer instead of String, so I lose the leading 0.
See 2 images attached

Bug?

I prefer not using add vector layer because some numeric fields become String.
Steve

Re: BAD field type for CSV Layer when using csvt

Steve.Toutant
Bug already reported, I should have looked before
https://hub.qgis.org/issues/15816

I updated the issue

De :        [hidden email]
A :        [hidden email]
Date :        2017-02-09 12:23
Objet :        [Qgis-user] BAD field type for CSV Layer when using csvt
Envoyé par :        "Qgis-user" <[hidden email]>

I'm creating a layer from a CSV file. I have created .csvt file.
From the Create a Layer from a Delimited text file I see that the field rls_est is a string and the leading zero is there.

But when I click Ok, the layer is created and rls_est field type is integer instead of String, so I lose the leading 0.

See 2 images attached

Bug?

I prefer not using add vector layer because some numeric fields become String.

Steve

Re: BAD field type for CSV Layer when using csvt

Ramon Andinach
Hi Steve,

Are you able to add some data to the bug report that isn’t working?
A bit of the csv file and the csvt would do.

(I just failed to replicate it, although I’m sure I’ve seen it in the last month or so…)

Ramon.

De :        [hidden email]
A :        [hidden email]
Date :        2017-02-09 12:23
Envoyé par :        "Qgis-user" <[hidden email]>

I'm creating a layer from a CSV file. I have created .csvt file.
From the Create a Layer from a Delimited text file I see that the field rls_est is a string and the leading zero is there.

But when I click Ok, the layer is created and rls_est field type is integer instead of String, so I lose the leading 0.

See 2 images attached

Bug?

I prefer not using add vector layer because some numeric fields become String.

Steve

<Mail Attachment.gif>

<Mail Attachment.gif>_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
List info:
Unsubscribe:

Re: BAD field type for CSV Layer when using csvt

Steve.Toutant
I uploaded a csv and a csvt on the bug report
https://hub.qgis.org/issues/15816

Thanks!

De :        Ramon Andinach <[hidden email]>
A :        [hidden email]
Cc :        [hidden email]
Date :        2017-02-10 08:01

On 10 Feb 2017, at 04:34, Steve.Toutant@... wrote:

Bug already reported, I should have looked before
https://hub.qgis.org/issues/15816

I updated the issue

De :
Steve.Toutant@...
A :
[hidden email]
Date :
2017-02-09 12:23
Objet :
[Qgis-user] BAD field type for CSV Layer when using csvt
Envoyé par :
"Qgis-user" <[hidden email]>

I'm creating a layer from a CSV file. I have created .csvt file.

From the Create a Layer from a Delimited text file I see that the field rls_est is a string and the leading zero is there.