Available CRS's not shown with some WMS servers

Available CRS's not shown with some WMS servers

Goyo
Hello all

I remember reporting this issue before in the list or in the tracker
but I can't find the report now. A developer replayed and it was fixed
the next day but it's happening again (1.5.0 from ubuntugis PPA).
Please tell me if I should better file a ticket.

I'm trying this server:
http://www.idee.es/wms/PNOA/PNOA

When I choose a layer the dialog says there is one CRS available but
none is selected by default (see attached screenshot). If I press the
Change button no CRS is available. This used to work in 1.4.0 and in
1.5.0 after my report and the fix.

Best regards

Goyo

add_wms_layer.png (44K) Download Attachment

Re: Available CRS's not shown with some WMS servers

Goyo
2010/8/11 Goyo <[hidden email]>:
> Hello all
>
> I remember reporting this issue before in the list or in the tracker
> but I can't find the report now. A developer replayed and it was fixed
> the next day but it's happening again (1.5.0 from ubuntugis PPA).
> Please tell me if I should better file a ticket.

I found it:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/WMS-not-working-td5143999.html#a5143999

But that was about another server (MTN-Raster) which is indeed working
now while the PNOA server was workinw when I wrote the above linked
message. So the symptoms are the same but the underlying problem could
be different.

Regards

Goyo

2010/8/11 Goyo <[hidden email]>:

>> I'm trying this server:
>> http://www.idee.es/wms/PNOA/PNOA
>>
>> When I choose a layer the dialog says there is one CRS available but
>> none is selected by default (see attached screenshot). If I press the
>> Change button no CRS is available. This used to work in 1.4.0 and in
>> 1.5.0 after my report and the fix.

I found a workarount to show the layers in this server setting the CRS
in the properties dialog, then saving and reloading the project. Still
QGis don't get the available CRS's from the getcapabilities document
but I can't find anything wrong in it.

Re: Available CRS's not shown with some WMS servers

Borys Jurgiel-2

Dnia poniedziałek 16 sierpnia 2010 o 12:19:43 Goyo napisał(a):

> 2010/8/11 Goyo <[hidden email]>:

> >> I'm trying this server:

> >> http://www.idee.es/wms/PNOA/PNOA

> >> When I choose a layer the dialog says there is one CRS available but

> >> none is selected by default (see attached screenshot). If I press the

> >> Change button no CRS is available. This used to work in 1.4.0 and in

> >> 1.5.0 after my report and the fix.

> I found a workarount to show the layers in this server setting the CRS

> in the properties dialog, then saving and reloading the project. Still

> QGis don't get the available CRS's from the getcapabilities document

> but I can't find anything wrong in it.

In the getcapabilities response there is a strange line:

<SRS>EPSG:4230 EPSG:4258 EPSG:4326 EPSG:25828 EPSG:25829 EPSG:25830 EPSG:25831 EPSG:23029 EPSG:23030 EPSG:23031 EPSG:32628 EPSG:32629 EPSG:32630 EPSG:32631</SRS>

Personally, I've never seen a series of SRSes put together in one line. Usually it looks like that:

<SRS>EPSG:4230</SRS>

<SRS>EPSG:4258</SRS>

<SRS>EPSG:4326</SRS>

Could somebody state if it breaks the OGC WMS specification or not? If not, we should adapt this format too.

2010/8/16 Borys Jurgiel <[hidden email]>:

> In the getcapabilities response there is a strange line:
>
> <SRS>EPSG:4230 EPSG:4258 EPSG:4326 EPSG:25828 EPSG:25829 EPSG:25830
> EPSG:25831 EPSG:23029 EPSG:23030 EPSG:23031 EPSG:32628 EPSG:32629 EPSG:32630
> EPSG:32631</SRS>
>
> Personally, I've never seen a series of SRSes put together in one line.
> Usually it looks like that:
>
> <SRS>EPSG:4230</SRS>
>
> <SRS>EPSG:4258</SRS>
>
> <SRS>EPSG:4326</SRS>

> Could somebody state if it breaks the OGC WMS specification or not? If not,
> we should adapt this format too.

It is the only way in version 1.1.0 and it is deprecated (but have to
be handled by clients) in version 1.1.1. QGis 1.4 is supposed to
support both versions as stated in the manual. From WMS 1.1.1
specification[1]:

--%<------------------------------
When a Layer is available in several Spatial Reference Systems, there
are two ways to
encode the list of SRS values. The first of these is new in this version of the
specification, the second is deprecated but still included for
backwards compatibility.

1. Optional, recommended: Multiple single-valued <SRS> elements: a list of SRS
values is represented as a sequence of <SRS> elements, each of which
contains only a
single SRS name. Example: <SRS>EPSG:1234</SRS> <SRS>EPSG:5678</SRS>.

2. Deprecated: Single list-valued <SRS> element: a list of SRS values
is represented as
a whitespace-separated list of SRS names contained within a single
<SRS> element.
Example: <SRS>EPSG:1234 EPSG:5678</SRS>.

WMS 1.1.1 Clients shall be prepared to handle either encoding.

NOTE: Change from version 1.1.0: Only the second, deprecated encoding
was previously defined.
--%<------------------------------

I'm pretty sure QGis has supported this in the past.

[1]http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=1081&version=1&format=pdf

Re: Available CRS's not shown with some WMS servers

Borys Jurgiel-3

> WMS 1.1.1 Clients shall be prepared to handle either encoding.

So could you please fill a ticket on trac?

Re: Available CRS's not shown with some WMS servers

Jürgen E. Fischer

On Mon, 16. Aug 2010 at 13:26:40 +0200, Goyo wrote:
> > <SRS>EPSG:4230 EPSG:4258 EPSG:4326 EPSG:25828 EPSG:25829 EPSG:25830
> > EPSG:25831 EPSG:23029 EPSG:23030 EPSG:23031 EPSG:32628 EPSG:32629 EPSG:32630
> > EPSG:32631</SRS>

Hm, looks like I've seen that with CRS instead.  r13666 might be responsible
for the regression and in that case r14090 should fix it.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden

Re: Available CRS's not shown with some WMS servers

Goyo
2010/8/16 Borys Jurgiel <[hidden email]>:
>> WMS 1.1.1 Clients shall be prepared to handle either encoding.
>
> So could you please fill a ticket on trac?

https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2944

Re: Available CRS's not shown with some WMS servers

thedok78
I can confirm that it's working fine in 14091.

Ciao
Luca