Availability of nightlies

Eike Hinderk Jürrens
Dear all,
when will the next nightly of OSGeoLive be available for testing and
review of my contribution?

I expected them to run nightly as the name suggests but the last one is
from 11-Jun-2018 02:37 [0].

Kind regards
Eike

Links
[0] http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/nightly/

--
Eike Hinderk Jürrens
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH

Re: Availability of nightlies

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi Eike,

The latest builds are here:

Best,
Angelos

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Eike Hinderk Jürrens <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member

Re: Availability of nightlies

Eike Hinderk Jürrens
Hi Angelos,
thank you very much for the new build. Because of that I was able to
provide some bug fixes for my installation script (PR already created [0]).
Are the latest builds triggered manually?

Kind regards,
Eike

Links
[0] https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/pull/209

On 10.07.2018 13:03, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

> Hi Eike,
>
> The latest builds are here:
> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/dev/
>
> Best,
> Angelos
>

> On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Eike Hinderk Jürrens <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> when will the next nightly of OSGeoLive be available for testing and
>> review of my contribution?
>>
>> I expected them to run nightly as the name suggests but the last one is
>> from 11-Jun-2018 02:37 [0].
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Eike
>>
>> Links
>> [0] http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/nightly/
>>
>> --
>> Eike Hinderk Jürrens
>> 52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
>> Martin-Luther-King-Weg 24
>> 48155 Münster, Germany
>> E-Mail: [hidden email]
>> Fon: +49-(0)-251–396371-33
>> Fax: +49-(0)-251–396371-11
>> http://52north.org/
>> Twitter: @FiveTwoN
>> General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk-Arens
>> Local Court Muenster HRB 10849

Eike Hinderk Jürrens
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
Martin-Luther-King-Weg 24
48155 Münster, Germany
E-Mail: [hidden email]
Fon: +49-(0)-251–396371-33
Fax: +49-(0)-251–396371-11
http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN
General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk-Arens
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849

52North SOS Database is big

Brian M Hamlin
Hi Eike and 52North team :

  In Berkeley I have built an alpha disk, including your recent PR #209

    PostgreSQL database 52nSOS   ...
has grown from 17MB last year, to 156MB installed now..

  Please take a look at your data and examples to reduce disk footprint.

  Certainly you can imagine, almost every project grows bigger each year.
It is important that each project manages the demo and reference data as
wisely as possible.  (as usual, common disk-file data sets are linked
by symlink starting at  /home/user/data )

  best regards
    --Brian M Hamlin

--
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 15:03:54 0200, Eike Hinderk Jürrens
<[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Angelos,
thank you very much for the new build. Because of that I was able to
provide some bug fixes for my installation script (PR already created [0]).
Are the latest builds triggered manually?

Kind regards,
Eike

Links
[0] https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/pull/209

On 10.07.2018 13:03, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

> Hi Eike,
>
> The latest builds are here:
> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/dev/
>
> Best,
> Angelos
>

> On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Eike Hinderk Jürrens <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> when will the next nightly of OSGeoLive be available for testing and
>> review of my contribution?
>>
>> I expected them to run nightly as the name suggests but the last one is
>> from 11-Jun-2018 02:37 [0].
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Eike
>>
>> Links
>> [0] http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/nightly/
>>
>> --
>> Eike Hinderk Jürrens
>> 52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
>> Martin-Luther-King-Weg 24
>> 48155 Münster, Germany
>> E-Mail: [hidden email]
>> Fon: 49-(0)-251–396371-33
>> Fax: 49-(0)-251–396371-11
>> http://52north.org/
>> Twitter: @FiveTwoN
>> General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk-Arens
>> Local Court Muenster HRB 10849

Eike Hinderk Jürrens
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
Martin-Luther-King-Weg 24
48155 Münster, Germany
E-Mail: [hidden email]
Fon: 49-(0)-251–396371-33
Fax: 49-(0)-251–396371-11
http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN
General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk-Arens
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849

Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California
blog.light42.com

Re: 52North SOS Database is big

Eike Hinderk Jürrens
Hi Brian,
thank you for pointing me at this issue. I was able to reduce the size
of the db 30MB:

 >      db_name      | db_size
 > ------------------+---------
 >  natural_earth2   | 87 MB
 >  osm_local        | 32 MB
 >  52nSOS           | 30 MB
 >  tinyows_demo     | 15 MB
 >  mapbender3.0.7.0 | 10 MB

Hope this is enough shrinking.

Kind regards,
Eike

On 12.07.2018 00:40, Brian M Hamlin wrote:

> [...]
>>> Eike Hinderk Jürrens
>>> 52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
>>> Martin-Luther-King-Weg 24
>>> 48155 Münster, Germany
>>> E-Mail: [hidden email]
>>> Fon: 49-(0)-251–396371-33
>>> Fax: 49-(0)-251–396371-11
>>> http://52north.org/
>>> Twitter: @FiveTwoN
>>> General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk-Arens
>>> Local Court Muenster HRB 10849

Eike Hinderk Jürrens
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
Martin-Luther-King-Weg 24
48155 Münster, Germany
E-Mail: [hidden email]
Fon: +49-(0)-251–396371-33
Fax: +49-(0)-251–396371-11
http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN
General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk-Arens

Sorry for missing you on IRC, just got out of some meetings.
Were there any additional commits to change the db size or did you do
that on the code side?

Best regards,
Angelos

Charter Member