Auxiliary storage: not editable if layer is not editable

Auxiliary storage: not editable if layer is not editable

Bernhard Ströbl
Hi all,
I have a PostGIS relation that is not editable in QGIS (user has only
SELECT rights). I created a field in the auxiliary storage to insert
positioning information. I cannot edit this field because "toggle
editing" is disabled. I was under the impression that the auxiliary
storage was designed to cover exactly this kind of situation. Anything I
am missing?

BTW I am using QGIS 3.4.8.

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 19573 (20190624) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Auxiliary storage: not editable if layer is not editable

pblottiere
Hi Bernhard,

> I was under the impression that the auxiliary storage was designed to cover exactly this kind of situation.

Indeed you're right.

Actually you just have to use the "Move Label" map tool directly on labels, and their positions will be stored in auxiliary storage automatically. If you want to manually create corresponding fields, you have to use the "Store Data in the project" button in data defined menu.

Paul

Le lun. 24 juin 2019 à 10:07, Bernhard Ströbl <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi all,
I have a PostGIS relation that is not editable in QGIS (user has only
SELECT rights). I created a field in the auxiliary storage to insert
positioning information. I cannot edit this field because "toggle
editing" is disabled. I was under the impression that the auxiliary
storage was designed to cover exactly this kind of situation. Anything I
am missing?

BTW I am using QGIS 3.4.8.

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 19573 (20190624) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Auxiliary storage: not editable if layer is not editable

Bernhard Ströbl
Hi Paul,

thanks for your feedback. I figured out that the label-positioning
buttons do indeed work but I was after setting an x-y offset for a point
symbol.
I created a ticket meanwhile:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/30376

Bernhard