Autumn PSC Meeting

Dan Little-2
Hey Folks,

I'm now back in the country and almost getting settled back into the daily grind and through that we should put together a PSC meeting.

The tentative agenda:

1. GeoMoose 3.0. Plans, funding, and progress.
2. FOSS4G 2017 in Boston.
 a. Who's going?
 b. Any interest in coordinating a code sprint? Workshop?

The doodle link:

Thanks folks!

Re: Autumn PSC Meeting

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Dan,

Great to see the PSC meeting, I'd also like to attend, just lurk. And
also add to the agenda an item for the 2.9.1 release (which I saw
mentioned recently but was never published).  Talk then...

-jeff

On 2016-10-27 11:26 AM, Dan Little wrote:

> Hey Folks,
>
> I'm now back in the country and almost getting settled back into the
> daily grind and through that we should put together a PSC meeting.
>
> The tentative agenda:
>
> 1. GeoMoose 3.0. Plans, funding, and progress.
> 2. FOSS4G 2017 in Boston.
>  a. Who's going?
>  b. Any interest in coordinating a code sprint? Workshop?
>
> The doodle link:
>
> - http://doodle.com/poll/rk2ph9zet25wnsfc
>
> Thanks folks!

Re: Autumn PSC Meeting

jmckenna
Administrator
Dan, I assume that this meeting will be held in the #geomoose IRC
channel on freenode?  (https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geomoose)
Or is there a different channel where you all live?

Besides the #osgeo channel, if you need a more quiet existing IRC
channel, you are free to use the #foss4g channel for your PSC meetings
(https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=foss4g)

-jeff

On 2016-10-27 11:26 AM, Dan Little wrote:

> Hey Folks,
>
> I'm now back in the country and almost getting settled back into the
> daily grind and through that we should put together a PSC meeting.
>
> The tentative agenda:
>
> 1. GeoMoose 3.0. Plans, funding, and progress.
> 2. FOSS4G 2017 in Boston.
>  a. Who's going?
>  b. Any interest in coordinating a code sprint? Workshop?
>
> The doodle link:
>
> - http://doodle.com/poll/rk2ph9zet25wnsfc
>
> Thanks folks!

Re: Autumn PSC Meeting

James Klassen-2

Yeah, #geomoose is the usual place we meet.  It is pretty empty between meetings though.

On Oct 27, 2016 11:50 AM, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dan, I assume that this meeting will be held in the #geomoose IRC channel on freenode?  (https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geomoose) Or is there a different channel where you all live?

Besides the #osgeo channel, if you need a more quiet existing IRC channel, you are free to use the #foss4g channel for your PSC meetings (https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=foss4g)

-jeff

Re: Autumn PSC Meeting

jmckenna
Administrator
ok, I notice that the channel is not yet registered...I have helped
other OSGeo projects with this recently (I have now direct access to a
Freenode staff member)...so we should add this as an agenda item for the
meeting.  (register channel, and also add the logs to the automated bot
setup by Gary http://irclogs.geoapt.com/)

If you all agree I can start tackling this now...or someone else could,
just let me know if you need my help or if I am stepping on toes.

-jeff

On 2016-10-27 1:52 PM, James Klassen wrote:

> Yeah, #geomoose is the usual place we meet.  It is pretty empty between
> meetings though.
>

> On Oct 27, 2016 11:50 AM, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Dan, I assume that this meeting will be held in the #geomoose IRC
>     channel on freenode?
>     (https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geomoose
>     <https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geomoose>) Or is there a
>     different channel where you all live?
>
>     Besides the #osgeo channel, if you need a more quiet existing IRC
>     channel, you are free to use the #foss4g channel for your PSC
>     meetings (https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=foss4g
>     <https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=foss4g>)
>
>     -jeff
>

>     On 2016-10-27 11:26 AM, Dan Little wrote:
>
>         Hey Folks,
>
>         I'm now back in the country and almost getting settled back into the
>         daily grind and through that we should put together a PSC meeting.
>
>         The tentative agenda:
>
>         1. GeoMoose 3.0. Plans, funding, and progress.
>         2. FOSS4G 2017 in Boston.
>          a. Who's going?
>          b. Any interest in coordinating a code sprint? Workshop?
>
>         The doodle link:
>
>         - http://doodle.com/poll/rk2ph9zet25wnsfc
>         <http://doodle.com/poll/rk2ph9zet25wnsfc>
>
>         Thanks folks!

Re: Autumn PSC Meeting

Dan Little-2
No toes stepped on at all, I'd really appreciate the help!

Thanks Jeff!!! Always an ace on this stuff!

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
ok, I notice that the channel is not yet registered...I have helped other OSGeo projects with this recently (I have now direct access to a Freenode staff member)...so we should add this as an agenda item for the meeting.  (register channel, and also add the logs to the automated bot setup by Gary http://irclogs.geoapt.com/)

If you all agree I can start tackling this now...or someone else could, just let me know if you need my help or if I am stepping on toes.

-jeff

Re: Autumn PSC Meeting

Eli Adam
On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Dan Little <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No toes stepped on at all, I'd really appreciate the help!
>
> Thanks Jeff!!! Always an ace on this stuff!
>
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Jeff McKenna
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> ok, I notice that the channel is not yet registered...I have helped other
>> OSGeo projects with this recently (I have now direct access to a Freenode
>> staff member)...so we should add this as an agenda item for the meeting.
>> (register channel, and also add the logs to the automated bot setup by Gary
>> http://irclogs.geoapt.com/)

Do we want to log the channel?  That might deter some of the off-topic
conversations before and after meetings, or give the appearance of
less professionalism in our permanent logs.  There is also some
overhead for Gary for a channel that has almost no traffic.

Eli

>> If you all agree I can start tackling this now...or someone else could,
>> just let me know if you need my help or if I am stepping on toes.
>>
>> -jeff
>>

>> On 2016-10-27 1:52 PM, James Klassen wrote:
>>>
>>> Yeah, #geomoose is the usual place we meet.  It is pretty empty between
>>> meetings though.
>>>

>>> On Oct 27, 2016 11:50 AM, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Dan, I assume that this meeting will be held in the #geomoose IRC
>>>     channel on freenode?
>>>     (https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geomoose
>>>     <https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geomoose>) Or is there a
>>>     different channel where you all live?
>>>
>>>     Besides the #osgeo channel, if you need a more quiet existing IRC
>>>     channel, you are free to use the #foss4g channel for your PSC
>>>     meetings (https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=foss4g
>>>     <https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=foss4g>)
>>>
>>>     -jeff
>>>

>>>     On 2016-10-27 11:26 AM, Dan Little wrote:
>>>
>>>         Hey Folks,
>>>
>>>         I'm now back in the country and almost getting settled back into
>>> the
>>>         daily grind and through that we should put together a PSC
>>> meeting.
>>>
>>>         The tentative agenda:
>>>
>>>         1. GeoMoose 3.0. Plans, funding, and progress.
>>>         2. FOSS4G 2017 in Boston.
>>>          a. Who's going?
>>>          b. Any interest in coordinating a code sprint? Workshop?
>>>
>>>         The doodle link:
>>>
>>>         - http://doodle.com/poll/rk2ph9zet25wnsfc
>>>         <http://doodle.com/poll/rk2ph9zet25wnsfc>
>>>
>>>         Thanks folks!

Re: Autumn PSC Meeting

Dan Little-2
Yeah, logging is probably not strictly necessary.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Dan Little <[hidden email]> wrote:
> No toes stepped on at all, I'd really appreciate the help!
>
> Thanks Jeff!!! Always an ace on this stuff!
>
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Jeff McKenna
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> ok, I notice that the channel is not yet registered...I have helped other
>> OSGeo projects with this recently (I have now direct access to a Freenode
>> staff member)...so we should add this as an agenda item for the meeting.
>> (register channel, and also add the logs to the automated bot setup by Gary
>> http://irclogs.geoapt.com/)

Do we want to log the channel?  That might deter some of the off-topic
conversations before and after meetings, or give the appearance of
less professionalism in our permanent logs.  There is also some
overhead for Gary for a channel that has almost no traffic.

Eli

>> If you all agree I can start tackling this now...or someone else could,
>> just let me know if you need my help or if I am stepping on toes.
>>
>> -jeff
>>

>> On 2016-10-27 1:52 PM, James Klassen wrote:
>>>
>>> Yeah, #geomoose is the usual place we meet.  It is pretty empty between
>>> meetings though.
>>>

>>> On Oct 27, 2016 11:50 AM, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Dan, I assume that this meeting will be held in the #geomoose IRC
>>>     channel on freenode?
>>>     (https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geomoose
>>>     <https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geomoose>) Or is there a
>>>     different channel where you all live?
>>>
>>>     Besides the #osgeo channel, if you need a more quiet existing IRC
>>>     channel, you are free to use the #foss4g channel for your PSC
>>>     meetings (https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=foss4g
>>>     <https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=foss4g>)
>>>
>>>     -jeff
>>>

>>>     On 2016-10-27 11:26 AM, Dan Little wrote:
>>>
>>>         Hey Folks,
>>>
>>>         I'm now back in the country and almost getting settled back into
>>> the
>>>         daily grind and through that we should put together a PSC
>>> meeting.
>>>
>>>         The tentative agenda:
>>>
>>>         1. GeoMoose 3.0. Plans, funding, and progress.
>>>         2. FOSS4G 2017 in Boston.
>>>          a. Who's going?
>>>          b. Any interest in coordinating a code sprint? Workshop?
>>>
>>>         The doodle link:
>>>
>>>         - http://doodle.com/poll/rk2ph9zet25wnsfc
>>>         <http://doodle.com/poll/rk2ph9zet25wnsfc>
>>>
>>>         Thanks folks!

Re: Autumn PSC Meeting

jmckenna
Administrator
Was there a decision on the meeting date?

-jeff

On 2016-10-27 11:26 AM, Dan Little wrote:

> Hey Folks,
>
> I'm now back in the country and almost getting settled back into the
> daily grind and through that we should put together a PSC meeting.
>
> The tentative agenda:
>
> 1. GeoMoose 3.0. Plans, funding, and progress.
> 2. FOSS4G 2017 in Boston.
>  a. Who's going?
>  b. Any interest in coordinating a code sprint? Workshop?
>
> The doodle link:
>
> - http://doodle.com/poll/rk2ph9zet25wnsfc

Re: Autumn PSC Meeting

Dan Little-2
Alrighty folks, after looking over the doodle and the calendar let's
please schedule: November 8th at 1PM Central Time.  I hope this does
not conflict with anyone's voting obligations. Please feel free to
send any agenda additions.

Thanks y'all.

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 8:27 AM, Dan Little <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll have it figured out today, it won't be today as we just got TCs
> availability yesterday. I need to get one phone call returned today and I'll
> have a time and date.
>

> On Nov 1, 2016 08:13, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Was there a decision on the meeting date?
>>
>> -jeff
>>

>> On 2016-10-27 11:26 AM, Dan Little wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Folks,
>>>
>>> I'm now back in the country and almost getting settled back into the
>>> daily grind and through that we should put together a PSC meeting.
>>>
>>> The tentative agenda:
>>>
>>> 1. GeoMoose 3.0. Plans, funding, and progress.
>>> 2. FOSS4G 2017 in Boston.
>>>  a. Who's going?
>>>  b. Any interest in coordinating a code sprint? Workshop?
>>>
>>> The doodle link:
>>>
>>> - http://doodle.com/poll/rk2ph9zet25wnsfc

Re: Autumn PSC Meeting

jmckenna
Administrator
Dan, I have created a wiki page for the meeting (a nice way to add
agenda items, record meeting minutes, and distribute that to the users
list later):
https://github.com/geomoose/geomoose/wiki/PSC-Meeting-2016-11-08

I hope that wiki/page location is ok.

-jeff