Automatically add saved file to map after save as

Automatically add saved file to map after save as

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi,

When one saves a table to a different file (whole table or subset) the file is automatically added to the map. There is the option "Add saved file to map". I would like to question if this is a useful default.

For people who often need to export subsets (e.g. different filters for data-delivery to third parties) this is quite annoying. Every time you have to disable this checkbox. For me it would be more useful if a table or file is only added consciously to the project (on demand) and not automatically.

What are your opinions?

Thanks,

Andreas

Re: Automatically add saved file to map after save as

DelazJ
Hi,
Personally, when I "Save as", it's often on a selection of features that I want to perform other actions on or at least I prefer to see that the new layer is as I expect. So I find it useful to not have to check that box each time.
Maybe, could be added a global option to choose whether the "add to map" should be enabled or not (?) by default...?

Harrissou