Automatic translation of menus

Lubos Balazovic-2
Hi Agus
in Windows there is only one way how to set language used in QGIS -- it is necessary to set English language (or ither preffered language) in "Regional and Language Options" window from "Control panel" (or set in directly in Registry). Command line parameter "lang" works only in Linux and language which you have chosen during the install process is used in Install wizard only.

Lubos

Agustin Lobo <[hidden email]> wrote:

You are right, sorry about it: I'm using the Windows version
for 0.9.0

Agus

Hans Cats escribi?:

> You don't say what platform you are on, but if you are on Linux start
> qgis from the command line with the command 'LC_ALL="en_US" qgis'.
>
> Hans
>
> 2007/11/5, Agustin Lobo < [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     A problem related with translation.
>     I've found that even if I select English during install
>     I get the QGis gui in Spanish, probably because of the locale.
>     There should be a way of actually selecting the language
>     in the Options. I want to present some data using QGis to a
>     group of international students and having the menus in
>     Spanish is a problem. It is also a problem
>     for reporting bugs and problems to this list.
>
>     Is there any way of having the menus in English?
>
>     Thanks!
>
>     Agus
>     --
>     Dr. Agustin Lobo
>     Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
>     LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
>     08028 Barcelona
>     Spain
>     Tel. 34 934095410
>     Fax. 34 934110012
>     email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster

Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona
Spain
Tel. 34 934095410
Fax. 34 934110012
email: [hidden email]
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster

End of Qgis-user Digest, Vol 21, Issue 8

Re: Automatic translation of menus

Tim Sutton
Hi

A new locale tab has been added for 0.9.1 release (coming soon) where
you can interactively change your language using point & click.

Regards

Tim

2007/11/5, Lubos Balazovic <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Agus
> in Windows there is only one way how to set language used in QGIS -- it is
> necessary to set English language (or ither preffered language) in "Regional
> and Language Options" window from "Control panel" (or set in directly in
> Registry). Command line parameter "lang" works only in Linux and language
> which you have chosen during the install process is used in Install wizard
> only.
>
> Lubos
>
> Agustin Lobo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > You are right, sorry about it: I'm using the Windows version
> > for 0.9.0
> >
> > Agus
> >
> > Hans Cats escribi?:
> > > You don't say what platform you are on, but if you are on Linux start
> > > qgis from the command line with the command 'LC_ALL="en_US" qgis'.
> > >
> > > Hans
> > >
> > > 2007/11/5, Agustin Lobo < [hidden email]
> > > <mailto:[hidden email] >>:
> > >
> > >     A problem related with translation.
> > >     I've found that even if I select English during install
> > >     I get the QGis gui in Spanish, probably because of the locale.
> > >     There should be a way of actually selecting the language
> > >     in the Options. I want to present some data using QGis to a
> > >     group of international students and having the menus in
> > >     Spanish is a problem. It is also a problem
> > >     for reporting bugs and problems to this list.
> > >
> > >     Is there any way of having the menus in English?
> > >
> > >     Thanks!
> > >
> > >     Agus
> > >     --
> > >     Dr. Agustin Lobo
> > >     Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
> > >     LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
> > >     08028 Barcelona
> > >     Spain
> > >     Tel. 34 934095410
> > >     Fax. 34 934110012
> > >     email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> > >     http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster
> > >

> > --
> > Dr. Agustin Lobo
> > Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
> > LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
> > 08028 Barcelona
> > Spain
> > Tel. 34 934095410
> > Fax. 34 934110012
> > email: [hidden email]
> > http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster

> > End of Qgis-user Digest, Vol 21, Issue 8

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release  Manager
Visit http://qgis.org for a great open source GIS
openModeller Desktop Developer
Visit http://openModeller.sf.net for a great open source ecological
niche modelling tool