Automatic translation of menus

Agustin Lobo-2
A problem related with translation.
I've found that even if I select English during install
I get the QGis gui in Spanish, probably because of the locale.
There should be a way of actually selecting the language
in the Options. I want to present some data using QGis to a
group of international students and having the menus in
Spanish is a problem. It is also a problem
for reporting bugs and problems to this list.

Is there any way of having the menus in English?

Thanks!

Agus
--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)

Re: Automatic translation of menus

Agustin Lobo-2
You are right, sorry about it: I'm using the Windows version
for 0.9.0

Agus

Hans Cats escribió:

> You don't say what platform you are on, but if you are on Linux start
> qgis from the command line with the command 'LC_ALL="en_US" qgis'.
>
> Hans
>
> 2007/11/5, Agustin Lobo < [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     A problem related with translation.
>     I've found that even if I select English during install
>     I get the QGis gui in Spanish, probably because of the locale.
>     There should be a way of actually selecting the language
>     in the Options. I want to present some data using QGis to a
>     group of international students and having the menus in
>     Spanish is a problem. It is also a problem
>     for reporting bugs and problems to this list.
>
>     Is there any way of having the menus in English?
>
>     Thanks!
>
>     Agus
>     --
>     Dr. Agustin Lobo
>     Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
>     LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
>     08028 Barcelona
>     Spain
>     Tel. 34 934095410
>     Fax. 34 934110012
>     email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster

Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona
Spain
Tel. 34 934095410
Fax. 34 934110012
email: [hidden email]
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster

Re: Automatic translation of menus

Agustin Lobo-2
I'm using 0.9.0 for Windows

I've tried opening a console and
C:\Archivos de programa\Quantum GIS>qgis --lang en_US
C:\Archivos de programa\Quantum GIS>qgis --lang "en_US"
C:\Archivos de programa\Quantum GIS>qgis --lang english

but it still opens a GUI in Spanish.

Agus

Hans Cats escribió:

> You don't say what platform you are on, but if you are on Linux start
> qgis from the command line with the command 'LC_ALL="en_US" qgis'.
>
> Hans
>
> 2007/11/5, Agustin Lobo < [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     A problem related with translation.
>     I've found that even if I select English during install
>     I get the QGis gui in Spanish, probably because of the locale.
>     There should be a way of actually selecting the language
>     in the Options. I want to present some data using QGis to a
>     group of international students and having the menus in
>     Spanish is a problem. It is also a problem
>     for reporting bugs and problems to this list.
>
>     Is there any way of having the menus in English?
>
>     Thanks!
>
>     Agus
>     --
>     Dr. Agustin Lobo
>     Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
>     LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
>     08028 Barcelona
>     Spain
>     Tel. 34 934095410
>     Fax. 34 934110012
>     email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster

Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona
Spain
Tel. 34 934095410
Fax. 34 934110012
email: [hidden email]
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster

Re: Automatic translation of menus

Tim Sutton
Hi

This thread seem to have been split, so Ill repeat myself here in case
my reply in the other thread does not get noticed. In 0.9.1 (coming
soon) I have added a locale tab to let you interactively set the
locale in the GUI.

Regards

Tim

2007/11/5, Agustin Lobo <[hidden email]>:

> I'm using 0.9.0 for Windows
>
> I've tried opening a console and
> C:\Archivos de programa\Quantum GIS>qgis --lang en_US
> C:\Archivos de programa\Quantum GIS>qgis --lang "en_US"
> C:\Archivos de programa\Quantum GIS>qgis --lang english
>
> but it still opens a GUI in Spanish.
>
> Agus
>
> Hans Cats escribió:
> > You don't say what platform you are on, but if you are on Linux start
> > qgis from the command line with the command 'LC_ALL="en_US" qgis'.
> >
> > Hans
> >
> > 2007/11/5, Agustin Lobo < [hidden email]
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
> >
> >     A problem related with translation.
> >     I've found that even if I select English during install
> >     I get the QGis gui in Spanish, probably because of the locale.
> >     There should be a way of actually selecting the language
> >     in the Options. I want to present some data using QGis to a
> >     group of international students and having the menus in
> >     Spanish is a problem. It is also a problem
> >     for reporting bugs and problems to this list.
> >
> >     Is there any way of having the menus in English?
> >
> >     Thanks!
> >
> >     Agus
> >     --
> >     Dr. Agustin Lobo
> >     Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
> >     LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
> >     08028 Barcelona
> >     Spain
> >     Tel. 34 934095410
> >     Fax. 34 934110012
> >     email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> >     http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster

> Dr. Agustin Lobo
> Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
> LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
> 08028 Barcelona
> Spain
> Tel. 34 934095410
> Fax. 34 934110012
> email: [hidden email]
> http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release  Manager
Visit http://qgis.org for a great open source GIS
openModeller Desktop Developer
Visit http://openModeller.sf.net for a great open source ecological
niche modelling tool