Automated maps deployment

vs3

Automated maps deployment

vs3
Hi

I'm looking for a way to simplify deployment of layers/styles/layer groups/etc to new installations.

The problem I'm trying to solve is that we often have brand new GeoServer installations and it is getting quite annoying to manually register the 50 or so layers we deliver, assign style(s) to each layer, put them in layer groups, etc. It is just so time consuming when you do that manually.

I'm looking for a way to have this process scripted or otherwise automated somehow.

I noticed that I could manually put some of the .SLD files in GeoServer's styles sub-directory and after restarting it it would pick them up, but this sound like the proper way to do that...

Any advice or even a hint about the right keywords for me to search would be appreciated.

Regards,
Vladimir