Autodesk.raster

Dr Marie-Claire Greening

Hi

I seemed to successfully download and install Autodesk MapGuide Studio
with MapGuide Open Source last week and was able to install and play
with the Sheboygan sample okay.  I then successfully loaded in a .shp
file and was happy with that, but am now stuck on getting images in, of
any format (.jpg, .sid, .tif ... etc.).  I constantly get this error
message:

Server does not support requested provider: Autodesk.raster

Can anyone help as I am at a loss what to do...

Thanks in advance

Marie-Claire

Contact Dr Marie-Claire Greening (née Robinson) at:

Remote Sensing Applications Consultants Ltd.,
The Long Barn, Sutton Manor, Bishop's Sutton,
Alresford, Hampshire SO24 0AA UK

tel. +44 (0)1962 736150            fax. +44 (0)1962 736152
email: [hidden email]     http://www.rsacl.co.uk

AW: Autodesk.raster

Thomas Grosser
Dear Marie-Claire,

Autodesk told me a few weeks before that raster formats won´t be supported in Version 1 - they told me that it will take a few weeks or month ... see original answer:

"Thomas,

I expect that MapGuide open source 1.0 will be posted and available in 1 or 2 weeks.

I don't think raster support will be available for a while (perhaps several weeks or month.

Bill"

I think we must live without raster features for some time ! But I think in this discussion list someone talks about an other solution. When I find this I will send it to you.

Cordally

Thomas Grosser
- Geschäftsleitung -

Kom21 - Nürnberg
Großweidenmühlstraße 28
90419 Nürnberg
Tel.: 0911 - 378 33 85
Fax: 0911 - 378 33 86

Re: AW: Autodesk.raster

Frank Warmerdam
Thomas Grosser wrote:

> Dear Marie-Claire,
>
> Autodesk told me a few weeks before that raster formats won´t be supported in Version 1 - they told me that it will take a few weeks or month ... see original answer:
>
> "Thomas,
>
> I expect that MapGuide open source 1.0 will be posted and available in 1 or 2 weeks.
>
> I don't think raster support will be available for a while (perhaps several weeks or month.
>
> Bill"
>
> I think we must live without raster features for some time ! But I think in this discussion list someone talks about an other solution. When I find this I will send it to you.

Thomas / Marie-Claire,

If there is sufficient interest, and if Autodesk doesn't mind, I could
look at providing the GDAL raster provider for use testing.  It would
take me at least a week or two to get it in shape with the latest code
base and it is far from complete.

To be honest, I have only tested it with FDO level API clients so far,
so I need a bit of time to try it out in the context of MapGuide.

This would likely be pretty fiddly work, but a chance for users and
developers to collaberate to accelerate development!

Work on the GDAL FDO provider has temporarily stalled while I wait for
Autodesk technical resources to free up for reviewing and testing what
I have done.

RE: SPAM-LOW: Re: AW: [mapguide-users] Autodesk.raster

Andy Morsell
Frank,
I would be willing to participate in the use testing for the GDAL provider.
I have piles of GeoTIFF, TIF with TFW, ECW, MrSID, JPG, etc. that I could
test with MGOS.  I don't mind the "fiddly work", especially if it helps get
raster support out there more quickly.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com

> Autodesk told me a few weeks before that raster formats won´t be supported
in Version 1 - they told me that it will take a few weeks or month ... see
original answer:

> "Thomas,
>
> I expect that MapGuide open source 1.0 will be posted and available in 1
or 2 weeks.

> I don't think raster support will be available for a while (perhaps
several weeks or month.

> Bill"
>
> I think we must live without raster features for some time ! But I think
in this discussion list someone talks about an other solution. When I find
this I will send it to you.

Thomas / Marie-Claire,

If there is sufficient interest, and if Autodesk doesn't mind, I could look
at providing the GDAL raster provider for use testing.  It would take me at
least a week or two to get it in shape with the latest code base and it is
far from complete.

To be honest, I have only tested it with FDO level API clients so far, so I
need a bit of time to try it out in the context of MapGuide.

This would likely be pretty fiddly work, but a chance for users and
developers to collaberate to accelerate development!

Work on the GDAL FDO provider has temporarily stalled while I wait for
Autodesk technical resources to free up for reviewing and testing what I
have done.

AW: AW: Autodesk.raster

Thomas Grosser
Dear Frank,

I would be very happy if you will work on a rastersolution - thanks a lot ! If we can provide you with tests, data or anything else let me know - I will help if I can !

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Grosser
- Geschäftsleitung -

Kom21 - Nürnberg
Großweidenmühlstraße 28
90419 Nürnberg
Tel.: 0911 - 378 33 85
Fax: 0911 - 378 33 86
> Autodesk told me a few weeks before that raster formats won´t be supported in Version 1 - they told me that it will take a few weeks or month ... see original answer:
>
> "Thomas,
>
> I expect that MapGuide open source 1.0 will be posted and available in 1 or 2 weeks.
>
> I don't think raster support will be available for a while (perhaps several weeks or month.
>
> Bill"
>
> I think we must live without raster features for some time ! But I think in this discussion list someone talks about an other solution. When I find this I will send it to you.

Thomas / Marie-Claire,

If there is sufficient interest, and if Autodesk doesn't mind, I could
look at providing the GDAL raster provider for use testing.  It would
take me at least a week or two to get it in shape with the latest code
base and it is far from complete.

To be honest, I have only tested it with FDO level API clients so far,
so I need a bit of time to try it out in the context of MapGuide.

This would likely be pretty fiddly work, but a chance for users and
developers to collaberate to accelerate development!

Work on the GDAL FDO provider has temporarily stalled while I wait for
Autodesk technical resources to free up for reviewing and testing what
I have done.

RE: AW: Autodesk.raster

Chris Gardner
Frank,
We would also like to participate in some "fiddly" raster work if it means
getting raster support sooner than later.

Thank you,

Chris J. Gardner
Rational Technology, LLC
811 1st Ave. Ste 628
Seattle, WA, 98104
Office: (206)262-0107
800:1-877-662-0107
Mobile: (206)409-9105

[hidden email]
www.rtgis.com

--
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam,
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGF, http://osgeo.org

RE: AW: Autodesk.raster

Jason Birch
CONTENTS DELETED