Attribution for WCS

Jean-Christophe Malapert
Hello,

I am looking for a way to write attribution in my WCS. For WMS, it exists some metadata such as wms_attribution_title but I do find no information on the mapserver documentation about attribution for WCS.

Thanks,
Jean-Christophe

Re: Attribution for WCS

Jonathan Moules-4

Hi Jean-Christophe,

I can't comment in relation to MapServer, but I don't think there's an "Attribution" field in the WCS spec.

WMS 1.3.0 does have it defined, and I guess this is what MapServer is populating from wms_attribution_title and its ilk:

"7.2.4.6.12 Attribution
The optional <Attribution> element provides a way to identify the source of the geographic information used in a
Layer or collection of Layers. Attribution encloses several optional elements: <OnlineResource> states the data
provider’s URL; <Title> is a human-readable string naming the data provider; <LogoURL> is the URL of a logo
image. Client applications may choose to display one or more of these items. A <Format> element in LogoURL
indicates the MIME type of the logo image, and the attributes width and height state the size of the image in
pixels.
The Attribution element is inherited by child layers. Any redefinition by a child replaces the inherited value."

I can't see any equivalent for WCS. The closest thing I can find would be just putting it down as a general ServiceMetadata extension piece of information.
Cheers,
Jonathan

On 2018-06-07 23:55, Jean-Christophe Malapert wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for a way to write attribution in my WCS. For WMS, it exists some metadata such as wms_attribution_title but I do find no information on the mapserver documentation about attribution for WCS.

Thanks,
Jean-Christophe

Re: Attribution for WCS

jratike80

WCS 2.0.1 standard refers to OWS commons standard (OGC 06-121r9) and there, in Table 11 — Parameters included in ServiceIdentification section
Abstract: Brief narrative description of this server, normally available for display to a human

Multiplicity: Zero or more (optional) Include when server chooses, recommended and usually included

So there is an “Attribution” field in WCS standard as in all other OGC services which follow OGC 06-121r9. Attribution is not mandatory but I think it would be useful.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Hello,