Attribute table in vectors

Agustin Lobo-2
I'm using QGis 0.9.0 for Win with the sample vectors:

1. When I
open the Attribute table, in the Search tool in the bottom, I can select
AREA, Perimeter and DESCRIPTIO, why can't I select Id?
2. Also, why is not the Id displayed in the Identification window?
3. In the Russia vector, why is there a part being shown as black and
another as blue, while the legend settings state Unique Symbol? Same for
Canada.
4. Also, why can't I select Id for Unique Value? Sometimes (maybe not in
these examples) you just want a different color for each polygon.
5. The Help does not work. I get a message stating that "File xxxxxx
does not exist in you language" but the file name that is shown corresponds
to the English help file, which is present in its correct directory but
not opened. I've tried
opening it myself, but don't know which application I should use.

Thanks
--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)

Re: Attribute table in vectors

Martin Dobias
Hi,

I can address a part of your questions:
ID coulmn in the attribute table is just a "virtual" column which
identifies the feature for QGIS. That's why you can't find it together
with other ordinary columns. You can file a feature request for this
if you need the functionality.

Regards,
Martin