Atmospheric Correction

Devin Johnson
Hello,

I'm trying to find an open source remote sensing software that is able to perform atmospheric correction on imagery data. I have minimal programming knowledge so something that I can operate via a GUI is of preference. Would you be able to help me or point me in the right direction? It. would also help if there were tutorials or detailed user manuals included.

Thanks
Devin J.

Re: Atmospheric Correction

Newcomb, Doug
If this is what you are looking for, http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/i.atcorr.html, GRASS will do it. See also, http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/LANDSAT

Doug

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Devin Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to find an open source remote sensing software that is able to perform atmospheric correction on imagery data. I have minimal programming knowledge so something that I can operate via a GUI is of preference. Would you be able to help me or point me in the right direction? It. would also help if there were tutorials or detailed user manuals included.

Thanks
Devin J.

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 [hidden email]
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.

Re: Atmospheric Correction

Jakob Tworek
Hi Davin,

you can use the semi-automatic classification plugin in QGIS to do a DOS atmospheric correction (http://fromgistors.blogspot.com/ here you can find descriptions as well as tutorials). This plugin is also available as a VM so you do not have to use QGIS. But to use the plugin within QGIS is more comfortable. And you can use the i.atcorr algorithm from GRASS in the processing framework of QGIS. Finally you can conduct two kinds of atmospheric correction with QGIS and its extern geoalgorithms.

Cheers
Jakob

[...]

Martin Weis
Hello!

Am 04.03.2015 um 16:46 schrieb Devin Johnson:
> I'm trying to find an open source remote sensing software that is able
> to perform
> atmospheric correction on imagery data. I have minimal programming knowledge
> so something that I can operate via a GUI is of preference. Would you be
> able to help me or point me in the right direction? It. would also help if
> there were tutorials or detailed user manuals included.

Depending on the data source you have might find also toolboxes at ESA:
https://earth.esa.int/web/guest/software-tools

e.g. BEAM includes SMAC Atmospheric Correction.
GRASS i.atcorr has been named already.