Associate single point coordinates to image.

Associate single point coordinates to image.

deve
Is possible to georefence a single point in image? E.g. Action Diagram: 1) central point (center <-> X,Y) is georeferenced (center <-> lat,lon); 2) an image loader read center coordinates (lat,lon) 3) the loader place image in map point (lat,lon). 4) result: tag a location with involved screenshot Tnx

Re: Associate single point coordinates to image.

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)
deve <orante.tucceri <at> exprivia.it> writes:

> Is possible to georefence a single point in image?
>
> E.g. Action Diagram:
>  1) central point (center  X,Y) is georeferenced (center  lat,lon);
>  2) an image loader read center coordinates (lat,lon)
>  3) the loader place image in map point (lat,lon).
> 4) result: tag a location with involved screenshot

Hi,

How about using standard EXIF latitude and longitude tags and tools like in
http://readexifdata.com/?

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Associate single point coordinates to image.

deve
Yes. The final effect is the same: photo--> location-->image over the map.

Re: Associate single point coordinates to image.

Eli Adam
GDAL reads EXIF data and you can grab that output and then send it
into an OGR output.  I used to have a bash script that did that, but
then I found there were some tricky things to overcome and found that
GpsPrune is really good at this.

GpsPrune can also correlate a GPS track and time stamped photos
lacking EXIF location data.  It exports KML points for the photos.

ExifTool has lots of EXIF data manipulation capacity,
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

Best regards, Eli

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 3:38 AM, deve <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes. The final effect is the same: photo--> location-->image over the map.

Re: Associate single point coordinates to image.

Eli Adam
I think that this is generally call "geotagging" which might help
while looking for options.

Eli