Area of Interest

Josh Hevenor-3
Quick question to whoever may be listening.

I've recently upgraded a MapBuiler 1.0 project to use MapBuilder 1.5.  I
used to get a cross ( + ) when I used the area of interest tool to
select a point.  I could even change the colour, etc.   Since the
upgrade I've lost that cross and can only select boxes.  Could someone
point me in the right direction here...I assume that just the config has
changed.

Cheers,

Josh

Re: Area of Interest

Steven M. Ottens-2
Hi Josh,

Josh Hevenor wrote:
> Quick question to whoever may be listening.
>
> I've recently upgraded a MapBuiler 1.0 project to use MapBuilder 1.5.  I
> used to get a cross ( + ) when I used the area of interest tool to
> select a point.  I could even change the colour, etc.   Since the
> upgrade I've lost that cross and can only select boxes.  Could someone
> point me in the right direction here...I assume that just the config has
> changed.

I checked with the GeoBliki example in the release and the configuration
says:

<SetAoi id="setAoi">
      <buttonBar>mainButtonBar</buttonBar>
      <targetModel>mainMap</targetModel>
      <class>RadioButton</class>
      <enabledSrc>/images/SetAoiEnable.png</enabledSrc>
      <disabledSrc>/images/SetAoiDisable.png</disabledSrc>
    </SetAoi>

This does give me a crosshair-pointer, but I noticed that you cannot
select a point anymore. If you want to select a single point it might be
easier to use the getFeatureInfoWSR/WebServiceRequest approach.

Regards
Steven

> Cheers,
>
> Josh

Re: Area of Interest

Linda Derezinski-4
That is correct the setAOI  (AOI = Area of Interest) means a  bounding
rectangle, not a single point.
-Linda

On Jun 3, 2009, at 5:13 AM, Steven M. Ottens wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> Josh Hevenor wrote:
>> Quick question to whoever may be listening.
>>
>> I've recently upgraded a MapBuiler 1.0 project to use MapBuilder
>> 1.5.  I
>> used to get a cross ( + ) when I used the area of interest tool to
>> select a point.  I could even change the colour, etc.   Since the
>> upgrade I've lost that cross and can only select boxes.  Could
>> someone
>> point me in the right direction here...I assume that just the
>> config has
>> changed.
>>
> I checked with the GeoBliki example in the release and the
> configuration
> says:
>
> <SetAoi id="setAoi">
>      <buttonBar>mainButtonBar</buttonBar>
>      <targetModel>mainMap</targetModel>
>      <class>RadioButton</class>
>      <enabledSrc>/images/SetAoiEnable.png</enabledSrc>
>      <disabledSrc>/images/SetAoiDisable.png</disabledSrc>
>    </SetAoi>
>
> This does give me a crosshair-pointer, but I noticed that you cannot
> select a point anymore. If you want to select a single point it
> might be
> easier to use the getFeatureInfoWSR/WebServiceRequest approach.
>
> Regards
> Steven
>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Josh

Re: Area of Interest

Josh Hevenor-3
I ended up modifying the AOI tool to add an icon at the center of the
aoi instead of adding the box.  What I really needed was a Point of
Interest I guess.

Thanks for the help,

Josh