Are GetLegendGraphic ignoring BBOX?

Liva Vågane
HI!
I'm in the process of upgrading from 2.14 to 3.6.
I have a GetLegendGraphic request that in 2.14 shows only symbols from objects within a boundingbox. QGIS 3.6 seems to ignore the bbox-parameter and shows all symbols. Can anyone confirm this? Should I stick to 2.14?

Regards,
Liva Vågane

Re: Are GetLegendGraphic ignoring BBOX?

Jonathan Moules-4

Hi Liva,

This piqued my interest so I took a quick look into it. Reading the SLD 1.1 spec, I don't see any provision for using Bounding Boxes anywhere in a GetLegendGraphics request. There is an optional "scale" parameter which can achieve that sort of thing though - maybe that's what you're having issues with?

Cheers,

Jonathan

On 05/06/2019 09:08, Liva Vågane wrote:
HI!
I'm in the process of upgrading from 2.14 to 3.6.
I have a GetLegendGraphic request that in 2.14 shows only symbols from objects within a boundingbox. QGIS 3.6 seems to ignore the bbox-parameter and shows all symbols. Can anyone confirm this? Should I stick to 2.14?

Regards,
Liva Vågane

Re: Are GetLegendGraphic ignoring BBOX?

Andrea Peri
The bbox is an evolution out of specs added to mapserver and to qgis-server
And also to qgis wms client to allow a legend with only the elements available in the visible map (the bbox)

More info on mapserver where there isnthe specs of this evolution.