ArcGIS can't load geotiff file generated by libgeotiff

ArcGIS can't load geotiff file generated by libgeotiff

Masuo Takahashi
Dear all,

ArcGIS software can't load geotiff files generated by libgeotiff
library. ERDAS IMAGINE and RSI ENVI can load them.

Do some parameters need for ArcGIS ?
If you know, please let me know.

Masuo Takahashi  [hidden email]

Addr: 2-1-1, Sengen, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8505 Japan
Earth Observation Research Center
Spave Application Mission Directorate
Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency

Re: ArcGIS can't load geotiff file generated by libgeotiff

Frank Warmerdam
Masuo Takahashi wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> ArcGIS software can't load geotiff files generated by libgeotiff
> library. ERDAS IMAGINE and RSI ENVI can load them.
>
> Do some parameters need for ArcGIS ?
> If you know, please let me know.

Masuo,

I think you will need to provide more specific examples of the GeoTIFFs
you are unable to read in ArcGIS and please indicate what version of
ArcGIS you are having problems with.  ArcGIS can read *most* GeoTIFF files
created with libtiff+libgeotiff and modern versions of ArcGIS use
libgeotiff.

Re: ArcGIS can't load geotiff file generated by libgeotiff

Masuo Takahashi
Dear Mr.Paul Beaty and Mr.Frank Warmerdam and all;

The problem I asked yesterday was solved.
Japanese colleague joined "GeoTIFF mailing list" taught me
it. The reason is simply extension. The file extension I
generated is "tiff", but ArcMAP couldn't read the extension.
"Tif" is no problem.

Thanks a lot !

Regards,
Masuo Takahashi

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:53:25 -0400
"Paul Beaty" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello Masuo,
>
>Have you loaded the raster patch ESRI has released?
>
>Regards,
>
>Paul Beaty
>--
>[hidden email]