ArcCatalog and Geonetwork

francisco.manas

Hi all,

I´m new to Geonetwork, and I would like to know if there is a way of using
ArcCatalog's generated XMLs with the application.
The problem is that ArcCatalog doesn´t use ISO 19115.

I tried to change the dtd but it didn´t work...

Thanks in advance.
***********Internet Email Confidentiality Footer*************
solely for the use of the organization or individual to whom they are
addressed.  It is expressly forbidden to retransmit or copy email and/or
this  attached files without our permission .  If you are not the
addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the
message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or
your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this
kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that
do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as
neither given nor endorsed by it.

RE: ArcCatalog and Geonetwork

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE
Hi Francisco, one way to do that is to do the mapping from ESRI profil to
ISO FDIS used in Geonetwork. I started the job using XSLT ... Only a few
tags are mapped and some of us are hardcoded. This was just to get some info
from ArcCatalog to Geonetwork.

Which schema will be implemented in the new version of Geonetwork ?
ISO-19139 ?

HTH
Francois

I´m new to Geonetwork, and I would like to know if there is a way of using
ArcCatalog's generated XMLs with the application.
The problem is that ArcCatalog doesn´t use ISO 19115.

I tried to change the dtd but it didn´t work...

Thanks in advance.
***********Internet Email Confidentiality Footer************* This email and
any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the organization or individual to whom they are addressed.  It is
expressly forbidden to retransmit or copy email and/or this  attached files
without our permission .  If you are not the addressee indicated in this
message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may
not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy
this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise
immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for
messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be

GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et
rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels,
confidentiels et prives. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme
partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal,
confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or
distribution must be authorized.

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels, confidentiels et prives. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal, confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or distribution must be authorized.

esri2iso.xsl (4K) Download Attachment

Re: ArcCatalog and Geonetwork

Jeroen Ticheler
Excellent!
We will use ISO19139, but we really can't start using it until we
have access to the next release. All information I have on that is
that it will probably not be available until September.
Jeroen

On 8 Jun 2005, at 10:25, François Prunayre wrote:

> Hi Francisco, one way to do that is to do the mapping from ESRI
> profil to
> ISO FDIS used in Geonetwork. I started the job using XSLT ... Only
> a few
> tags are mapped and some of us are hardcoded. This was just to get
> some info
> from ArcCatalog to Geonetwork.
>
> Which schema will be implemented in the new version of Geonetwork ?
> ISO-19139 ?
>
> HTH
> Francois

Hi!

You can set ArcCatalog to generate metadata in ISO19115 format in the
ArcGatalog preferences.

Version 2 of GeoNetwork allows you to import metadata XML files that
were generated by an external system. The XML is then transformed
through an XSLT into the GeoNetwork catalog. One of the current
XSLT's that is available is the one that allows ArcCatalog XML to be
transformed. I'm sure it needs more testing, but we have used it
successfully ourselves.

Feedback is very welcome!

Jeroen

On 8 Jun 2005, at 10:05, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I´m new to Geonetwork, and I would like to know if there is a way
> of using
> ArcCatalog's generated XMLs with the application.
> The problem is that ArcCatalog doesn´t use ISO 19115.
>
> I tried to change the dtd but it didn´t work...
>
> Thanks in advance.
> ***********Internet Email Confidentiality Footer*************
> intended
> solely for the use of the organization or individual to whom they are
> addressed.  It is expressly forbidden to retransmit or copy email
> and/or
> this  attached files without our permission .  If you are not the
> addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of
> the
> message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message
> to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
> notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or
> your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this
> kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
> that
> do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be
> understood as
> neither given nor endorsed by it.

> projects/geonetwork

RE: ArcCatalog and Geonetwork

francisco.manas

Thanks for the help, both of you.

We have tried to configure ArcCatalog to save the info in ISO format, but
no matter the preferences we set, it seems that it always saves de data in
its own format.

Knowing that we can transform ArcCatalog's XML into ISO XML using the XSLT
is  good news. I have never worked with XSLT transformation, but its time
to learn, i guess.
As soon as I have any results, i'll post about it.

Re: ArcCatalog and Geonetwork

Jeroen Ticheler
Indeed, ArcCatalog will store ISO19115 elements mixed with FGDC
elements and ESRI's own elements. To clean this up XSLT is a (the)
way. You can find the XSLT import function in the admin page, but I
just understand that XSLT file is not in the beta release. Will check
how to get that in quickly.

Jeroen