Arc/Info 9 as a client?

Nordgren, Bryce L -FS
This is probably an obtuse question, but can Arc 9 connect to OGC
{WFS,WCS,WMS} as a client?  I was under the impression that it could, but I
can't find the option anywhere.  The esri website goes on and on about how
interoperable they are (if you pay extra for the interoperability
extension), but I'm unclear as to whether it would connect even with the
extra cost.  It seems to just be a collection of geospatial formats.

Bryce
PS: I hope this isn't too far off topic.

Re: Arc/Info 9 as a client?

John Cartwright - NOAA Federal
Hi Bryce,

ArcMap 9.x can connect to WMS servers w/o the Interoperability
Extension. There's a "Add WMS Server" option in the "Add Data" dialog.

The Interop Extension is required to work as a WFS client. As far as I
know there is not currently WCS support.

Hope this helps!

-- john

Bryce L Nordgren wrote:

> This is probably an obtuse question, but can Arc 9 connect to OGC
> {WFS,WCS,WMS} as a client?  I was under the impression that it could, but I
> can't find the option anywhere.  The esri website goes on and on about how
> interoperable they are (if you pay extra for the interoperability
> extension), but I'm unclear as to whether it would connect even with the
> extra cost.  It seems to just be a collection of geospatial formats.
>
> Bryce
> PS: I hope this isn't too far off topic.

John.C.Cartwright.vcf (281 bytes) Download Attachment
John.C.Cartwright.vcf (281 bytes) Download Attachment