Appveyor and MapScript tests

Seth G-2
Hi list,

As part of the Bonn codesprint I've been attempting to get the Python MapScript unit tests working again, so test the new Python3 MapScript bindings. See https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5569
As part of this I've added running the test suite to Appveyor. This change included updating to Visual Studio 2017 - hopefully this is fine with everyone.
A final question relating to the MapScript Python3 bindings - to build these I had to use a newer version of SWIG (3.0.12). This seems to cause issues for the C# MapScript build on Appveyor, which runs fine with SWIG 1.3.39. If we want to automate the Python bindings can the C# bindings be disabled? If not does anyone have any experience getting these to work with a later version of SWIG?

Regards,

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika

Re: Appveyor and MapScript tests

Bruno Friedmann-2
On vendredi, 23 mars 2018 11.03:50 h CET Seth G wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> As part of the Bonn codesprint I've been attempting to get the Python
> MapScript unit tests working again, so test the new Python3 MapScript
> bindings. See https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5569 As part of
> this I've added running the test suite to Appveyor. This change included
> updating to Visual Studio 2017 - hopefully this is fine with everyone. A
> final question relating to the MapScript Python3 bindings - to build these
> I had to use a newer version of SWIG (3.0.12). This seems to cause issues
> for the C# MapScript build on Appveyor, which runs fine with SWIG 1.3.39.
> If we want to automate the Python bindings can the C# bindings be disabled?
> If not does anyone have any experience getting these to work with a later
> version of SWIG?
>
> Regards,
>
> Seth
Hope you got fun at that codesprint.

Just a remark, are you forced to have SWIG 3.0.12 or 3.0.[5-10] is okay.

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

Re: Appveyor and MapScript tests

Seth G-2
Hi Bruno,

No this is just for the test Appveyor Window's build, run to check pull requests don't break the tests.
It would be good to see which versions of SWIG work for all MapScript bindings and make these the "supported" versions.  v1 doesn't seem to work well with Python, but v3 seems to break C#.
Is there a particular reason for the 3.0.[5-10] SWIG versions you use?

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika