Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

12

Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

Jan Suleiman
Dear Incubation Committee,

we would like to introduce our Open Source project "GeoStyler".

GeoStyler is an Open Source JavaScript library that enables users to
style maps with the help of a Graphical User Interface.
The goal of GeoStyler is a universally applicable GUI that works with
any given style format; may it be SLD, QML, OpenLayers, etc.

In order to achieve that goal, we follow a plugin-approach where so
called "style-parsers" can be plugged into the UI. These style parsers
work as a conversion tool to bidirectionally convert between any
external style and our internal style format.
As a positive side effect, we are able to convert from one external
format to another one (e.g. from QML to SLD, etc.).

The GUI library is written in react but also provides browser builds to
enable its usage outside of any react application.

With thanks to currently 16 different contributors, we successfully
maintain 15 repositories in our GitHub organisation, including the UI
library and documentation, different style-parsers, data-parsers, type
definitions, a demo application and a tutorial. The majority of these
was also already published on NPM. On the OSGeo Bolsena Code Sprint
2019, a GeoServer Community Extension was written that integrates
GeoStyler and allows the creation of styles within GeoServer by using
our GUI.

The GitHub organisation can be found here:
https://github.com/geostyler/geostyler
The Demo Application including links to Docs, GitHub and NPM can be
found here: https://geostyler.org
The GeoServer Plugin here:
https://docs.geoserver.org/master/en/user/community/geostyler/index.html
FOSS4G 2019 Talk:
https://media.ccc.de/v/bucharest-204-geostyler-a-generic-graphical-style-editor-for-geodata
FOSSGIS 2019 Talk (German):
https://media.ccc.de/v/fossgis2019-478-geostyler-ein-generischer-grafischer-stileditor-fr-geodaten
AGIT 2019 Talk (German): https://av.tib.eu/media/43048
FOSSGIS 2020 Talk (German):
https://media.ccc.de/v/fossgis2020-3027-neues-vom-geostyler

The licenses are BSD-2-Clause and we are very happy and eager to extend
the list of contributors. Our first goal would be to be listed on the
OSGeo webpage and in the long run to release GeoStyler as an OSGeo
Community Project.

In the future, we would like to provide additional style-parsers (e.g.
for mapserver) and extend the UI library with additional components to
further simplify styling maps.

We are happy to receive your support, if there are any questions, we are
happy to help!

Kind regards

Jan Suleiman

--

   M.Sc. Geoinformatik Jan Suleiman
   - Anwendungsentwickler -

   terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
   Kölnstraße 99
   53111 Bonn

   Tel: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -51
   Fax: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

   Email: [hidden email]
   Web: http://www.terrestris.de

   Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
   Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen

   Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
   unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
   https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

Jan Suleiman

Hi Cameron,

thank you very much for your reply. We are happy to hear that you see GeoStyler as a suitable project.

Generally, we think including GeoStyler in OSGeoLive would be great. However, we first have to think about how we could include it, so that it actually makes sense (since GeoStyler is a collection of libraries in the first place).

We will discuss this with the community, to come up with a proper solution.

Kind regards

Jan

On 3/24/20 11:18 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm hoping one of the more active members of the incubation committee would speak up.

Assuming GeoStyler fits Jody's checklist (which it looks like it does), I'm strongly in favour of including GeoStyler as an OSGeo community project.

From what I can see, GeoStyler addresses a pain point that many of us in the OSGeo community have faced at some point, and I'd love to see it promoted and grow. In particular, I'd love to see GeoStyler included in OSGeoLive, http://live.osgeo.org

The application process here: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Projects/How_to_apply. Would you be interested in joining OSGeoLive? (Note the ongoing commitment required in questions).

Cheers, Cameron

On 19/3/20 3:19 am, Jan Suleiman wrote:
[...]

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254
--

  M.Sc. Geoinformatik Jan Suleiman
  - Anwendungsentwickler -

  terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
  Kölnstraße 99
  53111 Bonn

  Tel: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -51
  Fax: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

  Email: [hidden email]
  Web: http://www.terrestris.de

  Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
  Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen

  Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
  unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
  https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

adams@osgeo.org
Dear Jan,

just FYI: There is knowledge in our house, as Carmen did some work to
integrate actinia in OSGeo Live. But this is step after your discussion
n how ...

Till

Am 25.03.20 um 16:34 schrieb Jan Suleiman:

> [...]
>>> are happy to help!
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Jan Suleiman
>>>
>> --
>> Cameron Shorter
>> Technology Demystifier
>> Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant
>>
>> M +61 (0) 419 142 254
>
> --
>
>   M.Sc. Geoinformatik Jan Suleiman
>   - Anwendungsentwickler -
>
>   terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
>   Kölnstraße 99
>   53111 Bonn
>
>   Tel: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -51
>   Fax: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57
>
>   Email: [hidden email]
>   Web: http://www.terrestris.de
>
>   Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
>   Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen
>
>   Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf

Re: [OSGeoLive] Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

jody.garnett
Jan / Cameron:

Checking in briefly, sorry I have been overset with activities lately and hope everyone is staying well. The incubation checklist list available for other members of the committee to work through also; I am quite found of the GeoStyler project and it is an impressive and useful project.

Indeed because of my (small) contributions it may be best of a mother committee member has a look?

  1. Be geospatial
    • Confirm by checking README or project description
    • project page on the osgeo website
    • We ask projects have some user documentation, for example an OSGeo Live quickstart
  2. Have a free license or an open source license.
    • The license must be OSI approved
    • We ask that the project team check the file headers and double check the license has been appropriately applied
  3. Welcome participation and new contributors.
    • We look for a clear contribution policy
    • We ask that the project demonstrate collaboration, perhaps with a history of bug report or pull requests
    • Projects are required to have a code of conduct

--
Jody Garnett

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 at 15:18, Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm hoping one of the more active members of the incubation committee would speak up.

Assuming GeoStyler fits Jody's checklist (which it looks like it does), I'm strongly in favour of including GeoStyler as an OSGeo community project.

From what I can see, GeoStyler addresses a pain point that many of us in the OSGeo community have faced at some point, and I'd love to see it promoted and grow. In particular, I'd love to see GeoStyler included in OSGeoLive, http://live.osgeo.org

[...]

Hi everyone,

is there something we can do at the moment to simplify the decision
making for you?

I hope you are all safe and well!

Kind regards

Jan

On 3/25/20 5:46 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> [...]
>>    Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen
>>
>>    Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
>>    unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
>>    https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

   M.Sc. Geoinformatik Jan Suleiman
   - Anwendungsentwickler -

   terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
   Kölnstraße 99
   53111 Bonn

   Tel: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -51
   Fax: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

   Email: [hidden email]
   Web: http://www.terrestris.de

   Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
   Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen

   Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
   unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
   https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

Jo Cook
Hi Jan,

Looking through the checklist- I can see a developer guide but not an
obvious contributing guide. I would consider contributions to
encompass small bug fixes (even documentation) so I think it would be
good to include something that explains how people can and should get
involved. Similarly I don't see a code of conduct.

I don't see license headers on many pages- and while that may not be a
requirement of the BSD it helps for code transparency, particularly if
people end up on a GitHub page when searching.

Hope that helps

Jo

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 10:09 AM Jan Suleiman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> is there something we can do at the moment to simplify the decision
> making for you?
>

> I hope you are all safe and well!
>
> Kind regards
>
> Jan

> > Dear Jan,
> >
> > just FYI: There is knowledge in our house, as Carmen did some work to
> > integrate actinia in OSGeo Live. But this is step after your discussion
> > n how ...
> >
> > Till
> >

> > Am 25.03.20 um 16:34 schrieb Jan Suleiman:
> >> Hi Cameron,
> >>
> >> thank you very much for your reply. We are happy to hear that you see
> >> GeoStyler as a suitable project.
> >>
> >> Generally, we think including GeoStyler in OSGeoLive would be great.
> >> However, we first have to think about how we could include it, so that
> >> it actually makes sense (since GeoStyler is a collection of libraries in
> >> the first place).
> >>
> >> We will discuss this with the community, to come up with a proper solution.
> >>

> >> Kind regards
> >>
> >> Jan

> >> --
> >>
> >>    M.Sc. Geoinformatik Jan Suleiman
> >>    - Anwendungsentwickler -
> >>
> >>    terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
> >>    Kölnstraße 99
> >>    53111 Bonn
> >>
> >>    Tel: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -51
> >>    Fax: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57
> >>
> >>    Email: [hidden email]
> >>    Web: http://www.terrestris.de
> >>
> >>    Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
> >>    Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen
> >>
> >>    Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
> >>    unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
> >>    https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

>    M.Sc. Geoinformatik Jan Suleiman
>    - Anwendungsentwickler -
>
>    terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
>    Kölnstraße 99
>    53111 Bonn
>
>    Tel: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -51
>    Fax: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57
>
>    Email: [hidden email]
>    Web: http://www.terrestris.de
>
>    Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
>    Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen
>
>    Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
>    unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
>    https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For
urgent responses at that time, please visit
support.astuntechnology.com or phone our office on 01372 744009

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd,
Epsom Square Centre, 6-7 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG, UK

t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/
twitter:@astuntech <https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise
geographic intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>

GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/>
Helpdesk and customer
portal
<https://astuntech.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISHAREHELP/pages/364970043/Astun+Technology+Support+Portal>

864201149.

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

Marc Jansen-2
Hi everyone,

I can tackle the header / license work if you wan't

Am 7. Mai 2020 12:46:35 MESZ schrieb Jo Cook <[hidden email]>:
[...]

From what I can see, GeoStyler addresses a pain point that many of us
[...]

Incubator mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/incubator

[...]

— Geschäftsführer —

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Kölnstraße 99
53111 Bonn
Tel: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -53
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57
Email: [hidden email]
Web: https://www.terrestris.de

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835
Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
vertreten durch Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen

Informationen über ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:

https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

Jan Suleiman

Thanks Marc,

that's great! I will take care of the contributing guide and the code of conduct.

Kind Regards
Jan

Hi Jan, Sorry for the delayed response. I'm hoping one of the more active members of the incubation committee would speak up. Assuming GeoStyler fits Jody's checklist (which it looks like it does), I'm strongly in favour of including GeoStyler as an OSGeo community project. From what I can see, GeoStyler addresses a pain point that many of us in the OSGeo community have faced at some point, and I'd love to see it promoted and grow. In particular, I'd love to see GeoStyler included in OSGeoLive, http://live.osgeo.org The application process here:https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Projects/How_to_apply <https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Projects/How_to_apply>. Would you be interested in joining OSGeoLive? (Note the ongoing commitment required in questions). Cheers, Cameron On 19/3/20 3:19 am, Jan Suleiman wrote:
[...]

Hi everybody,

the license PR is here. A comment there includes a hacky bash script that was used. I am sure this can be improbed, but it might help other doin the same chores.

Best regards,
Marc

Am 7. Mai 2020 17:45:56 MESZ schrieb Jan Suleiman <[hidden email]>:

[...]

here is the link to the PR https://github.com/geostyler/geostyler/pull/1265

Best,
Marc

Am 7. Mai 2020 21:59:46 MESZ schrieb Marc Jansen <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Thanks for the review Jo,

As this project is on GitHub I recommend contributing be covered by a CONTRIBUTING.md file (which is shown when folks make a pull request).

When the project has addressed your points please make a motion to accept GeoStyler :)
--
Jody Garnett

On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 03:47, Jo Cook <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd,
Epsom Square Centre, 6-7 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG, UK

t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/
twitter:@astuntech <https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise
geographic intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>

GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/>
Helpdesk and customer
portal
<https://astuntech.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISHAREHELP/pages/364970043/Astun+Technology+Support+Portal>

864201149.

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

thanks for the infos, Jo, and thanks for setting the license headers, Marc! I just added the code of conduct and a contributing guide.

See:

- https://github.com/geostyler/geostyler/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

- https://github.com/geostyler/geostyler/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Kind regards
Jan

On 5/7/20 10:36 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> [...]

portal
<https://astuntech.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISHAREHELP/pages/364970043/Astun+Technology+Support+Portal>

864201149.

  M.Sc. Geoinformatik Jan Suleiman
  - Anwendungsentwickler -

  terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
  Kölnstraße 99
  53111 Bonn

  Tel: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -51
  Fax: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

  Email: [hidden email]
  Web: http://www.terrestris.de

  Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
  Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen

  Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
  unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
  https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

That looks great, and a very detailed CONTRIBUTING guide (with command line steps - I often just link to guides).

For the CONTRIBUTING guide ... I recommend some indication that the result will be open source. The key "chain of accountability" we are seeking here is that folks adding to the project agree that the work they own is provided to the project using an open source license (or a CLA if you are into that) and that the project in turn is going to provide the result to the public using an open source license.

On a related note the headers were all updated with:

 * Copyright (c) 2018-present, terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
 * All rights reserved.

Things to keep in mind:

- For new files that other folks provide you keep in mind that it will have there copyright at the top and not terrestris.
- For files that others contribute to you can take a short cut and update your header to say "Copyright (c) 2018-present, terrestris GmbH & Co. KG, and others"

--
Jody Garnett

On Fri, 8 May 2020 at 05:50, Jan Suleiman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

portal
<https://astuntech.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISHAREHELP/pages/364970043/Astun+Technology+Support+Portal>

864201149.

  M.Sc. Geoinformatik Jan Suleiman
  - Anwendungsentwickler -

  terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
  Kölnstraße 99
  53111 Bonn

  Tel: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -51
  Fax: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

  Email: [hidden email]
  Web: http://www.terrestris.de

  Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
  Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen

  Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
  unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
  https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

thanks for the feedback.

I think a smaller contibuting-guide (with links etc.) might be a thing of the future, we will surely continuously improve on this thing. A paragraph on the fact that any provided work/code will become OSS can be added for sure. @Jan will you do this?

We can also directly update the copyright string in the file headers as follows…

Copyright (c) 2018-present, terrestris GmbH & Co. KG and GeoStyler contributors

…that would most probably be easiest and most futureproof. If you advise so, I will gladly prepare such a change.

What do you think?

All the best,

Marc

Am 09.05.20 um 02:10 schrieb Jody Garnett:
> [...]

  Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
  unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
  https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Marc Jansen
  — Geschäftsführer —

  terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
  Kölnstraße 99
  53111 Bonn

  Tel:   +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -53
  Fax:   +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

  Email: [hidden email]
  Web:   https://www.terrestris.de

  Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835
  Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
  vertreten durch: Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen

  Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
  unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
  https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

… of course input of Jody and others is meant here, please share your thoughts. See also the discussion on this PR: https://github.com/geostyler/geostyler/pull/1270

All the best,

Marc

Am 11.05.20 um 11:39 schrieb Marc Jansen:

> [...]

  Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
  unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
  https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Marc Jansen
  — Geschäftsführer —

  terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
  Kölnstraße 99
  53111 Bonn

  Tel:   +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -53
  Fax:   +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

  Email: [hidden email]
  Web:   https://www.terrestris.de

  Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835
  Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
  vertreten durch: Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen

  Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
  unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
  https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

Hi Marc,

I should have checked your issue templates before responding- you've
already got that covered! I think a slight rewrite of the paragraph
would be helpful for new contributors though.

Jo

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 1:42 PM Jo Cook <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd,
Epsom Square Centre, 6-7 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG, UK

t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/
twitter:@astuntech <https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise
geographic intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>

GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/>
Helpdesk and customer
portal
<https://astuntech.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISHAREHELP/pages/364970043/Astun+Technology+Support+Portal>

864201149.

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

Christian Mayer-2
Hi all,

thanks for all your effort on this so far!

Regarding the copyright string I second the suggestion of Marc to
rewrite it to "Copyright (c) 2018-present, terrestris GmbH & Co. KG and
GeoStyler contributors". This is a good shortcut to keep things simple
for the moment but not forgetting the effort of other people, who
contributed so far.

Cheers
Chris

Am 11.05.20 um 14:45 schrieb Jo Cook:

> [...]
>>>   Kölnstraße 99
>>>   53111 Bonn
>>>
>>>   Tel:   +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -53
>>>   Fax:   +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57
>>>
>>>   Email: [hidden email]
>>>   Web:   https://www.terrestris.de
>>>
>>>   Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835
>>>   Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
>>>   vertreten durch: Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen
>>>
>>>   Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
>>>   unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
>>>   https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

>> --
>> Jo Cook
>> t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
>> Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For
>> urgent responses at that time, please visit
>> support.astuntechnology.com or phone our office on 01372 744009

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

To repeat, we are happy if we are giving your team food for though!

As for the headers it is something to address when you accept external contributions, and your proposed change looks like it will account for that.
--
Jody Garnett

On Mon, 11 May 2020 at 02:39, Marc Jansen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

  Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
  unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
  https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Marc Jansen
  — Geschäftsführer —

  terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
  Kölnstraße 99
  53111 Bonn

  Tel:   +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -53
  Fax:   +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

  Email: [hidden email]
  Web:   https://www.terrestris.de

  Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835
  Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
  vertreten durch: Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen

  Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
  unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
  https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

thanks for the active discussion here.

Another thing I would like to talk about is providing clear information on who is deciding things in the project. As Christian pointed out on GitHub [1], the CONTRIBUTING.md states a project steering committee, which we don't have and which I think is also a little too much with regard to the current community size. We do have a "@geostyler/core" team in the organisation consisting of 4 members so far. So we could mention this team, instead.

Thereby, we can have a dedicated group that is visible for the public and is flexible enough to change its members if needed, without having to update any documentation.

What do you guys think about that?

Kind regards

Jan

[1] https://github.com/geostyler/geostyler/pull/1270#discussion_r422870796

On 5/11/20 7:44 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> [...]

  vertreten durch: Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen

  Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
  unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
  https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

  M.Sc. Geoinformatik Jan Suleiman
  - Anwendungsentwickler -

  terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
  Kölnstraße 99
  53111 Bonn

  Tel: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -51
  Fax: +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

  Email: [hidden email]
  Web: http://www.terrestris.de

  Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
  Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen

  Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf
  unserer Homepage unter folgendem Link:
  https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Re: Application to host Open Source Project "GeoStyler" as OSGeo Community Project

That is perfect, indeed I wish many OSGeo projects would stick with just such a committer list (PSC is useful when working across organizations, but most projects should just be fine with active committers).