Applicaiton for your regional Event Travel Grant Programme (TGP) for 2019

Applicaiton for your regional Event Travel Grant Programme (TGP) for 2019

Till Adams-3
Dear OSGeo community,

- sorry for the delay in the procedure -

The board dedicated the OSGeo conference committee a budget for
supporting travel grant programmes for our global FOSS4G event, but also
for supporting regional FOSS4G events.

We will share the budget, so that one major part will support the global
FOSS4G event, but there is still budget, with which we want to support
regional events.

As we have no clue, how many regional events will apply for support, we,
OSGeo's Conference Committee (CC) decided to first *call for
applications*. Depending on the number of applications, we decide later
whether selection is necessary and how to select events to support. What
we do not want to have is a "first comes, first serves", because that
would favour events, that take place earlier in the year.

Applicants should email the CC list with the info requested at [1],
please send your application until 19th of April.

If possible, it would be great if you would also number the amount of
support that you would like to receive.

When we see how many applications we receive, we will then decide
whether CC needs to set up a basic set of requirements for decision.

Till and Steven for OSgeo's CC

[1]
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programme_Cookbook#Applications_to_the_Conference_Committee_for_OSGeo_support

Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Applicaiton for your regional Event Travel Grant Programme (TGP) for 2019

stevenfeldman
This is for 2019 and we will have another call for 2020 (hopefully around the end of January or February dependent on OSGeo budget process and timeline)
______
Steven

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org

Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter

On 27 Mar 2019, at 17:34, SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA <[hidden email]> wrote:

We are planning a regional event for 2020. ¿Should we send the information now? ¿Or this is only for 2019?
Thanks,

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY
(598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
http://geoportal.mtop.gub.uy/

Motion: Applicaiton for Travel Grant Programme "OSGeo Oceania" 2019

Till Adams-3
Dear CC!

my email-call below lead to the application of FOSS4G-NA (which we
decided fast, see my email on 27th of March) and since we have only
received one more application:

John Bryan from OSGeo-LC Oceania and their regional FOSS4G in 2019
applied 2.5k US$ support of their TGP (In 2018 we supported them with
US$ 2000).

Our budget looks as follows:

25k US $ total budget

- 15k US $ (global FOSs4G)

- 2k US $ (FOSS4G NA)

-----------

8k US $ open

I would propose to fully accept the application of FOSS4G Oceania.

That would leave us a rest of 5.5k US$ - for this we can schedule a 2nd
call in June.

Regards, Till

Am 25.03.19 um 14:43 schrieb Till Adams:

> Dear OSGeo community,
>
> - sorry for the delay in the procedure -
>
> The board dedicated the OSGeo conference committee a budget for
> supporting travel grant programmes for our global FOSS4G event, but also
> for supporting regional FOSS4G events.
>
> We will share the budget, so that one major part will support the global
> FOSS4G event, but there is still budget, with which we want to support
> regional events.
>
> As we have no clue, how many regional events will apply for support, we,
> OSGeo's Conference Committee (CC) decided to first *call for
> applications*. Depending on the number of applications, we decide later
> whether selection is necessary and how to select events to support. What
> we do not want to have is a "first comes, first serves", because that
> would favour events, that take place earlier in the year.
>
> Applicants should email the CC list with the info requested at [1],
> please send your application until 19th of April.
>
> If possible, it would be great if you would also number the amount of
> support that you would like to receive.
>
> When we see how many applications we receive, we will then decide
> whether CC needs to set up a basic set of requirements for decision.
>

> Till and Steven for OSgeo's CC
>

> [1]
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programme_Cookbook#Applications_to_the_Conference_Committee_for_OSGeo_support

Re: Motion: Applicaiton for Travel Grant Programme "OSGeo Oceania" 2019

Eli Adam
On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 7:35 AM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear CC!
>
> my email-call below lead to the application of FOSS4G-NA (which we
> decided fast, see my email on 27th of March) and since we have only
> received one more application:
>
> John Bryan from OSGeo-LC Oceania and their regional FOSS4G in 2019
> applied 2.5k US$ support of their TGP (In 2018 we supported them with
> US$ 2000).
>
> Our budget looks as follows:
>
> 25k US $ total budget
>
> - 15k US $ (global FOSs4G)
>
> - 2k US $ (FOSS4G NA)
>
> -----------
>
> 8k US $ open

That's pretty easy math!

> I would propose to fully accept the application of FOSS4G Oceania.

+1 to 2.5k US$ support of FOSS4G Oceania TGP.

> That would leave us a rest of 5.5k US$ - for this we can schedule a 2nd
> call in June.

Sounds good.  We should plan to complete that call before (or after)
we make the decisions on the global FOSS4G grants.

Best regards, Eli

> Regards, Till
>

> Am 25.03.19 um 14:43 schrieb Till Adams:
> > Dear OSGeo community,
> >
> > - sorry for the delay in the procedure -
> >
> > The board dedicated the OSGeo conference committee a budget for
> > supporting travel grant programmes for our global FOSS4G event, but also
> > for supporting regional FOSS4G events.
> >
> > We will share the budget, so that one major part will support the global
> > FOSS4G event, but there is still budget, with which we want to support
> > regional events.
> >
> > As we have no clue, how many regional events will apply for support, we,
> > OSGeo's Conference Committee (CC) decided to first *call for
> > applications*. Depending on the number of applications, we decide later
> > whether selection is necessary and how to select events to support. What
> > we do not want to have is a "first comes, first serves", because that
> > would favour events, that take place earlier in the year.
> >
> > Applicants should email the CC list with the info requested at [1],
> > please send your application until 19th of April.
> >
> > If possible, it would be great if you would also number the amount of
> > support that you would like to receive.
> >
> > When we see how many applications we receive, we will then decide
> > whether CC needs to set up a basic set of requirements for decision.
> >

> > Till and Steven for OSgeo's CC
> >

> > [1]
> > https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programme_Cookbook#Applications_to_the_Conference_Committee_for_OSGeo_support

R: Motion: Applicaiton for Travel Grant Programme "OSGeo Oceania" 2019

Maria Antonia Brovelli
+1
Maria

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung

my email-call below lead to the application of FOSS4G-NA (which we
decided fast, see my email on 27th of March) and since we have only
received one more application:

John Bryan from OSGeo-LC Oceania and their regional FOSS4G in 2019
applied 2.5k US$ support of their TGP (In 2018 we supported them with
US$ 2000).

Our budget looks as follows:

25k US $ total budget

- 15k US $ (global FOSs4G)

- 2k US $ (FOSS4G NA)

-----------

8k US $ open

I would propose to fully accept the application of FOSS4G Oceania.

That would leave us a rest of 5.5k US$ - for this we can schedule a 2nd
call in June.

Regards, Till

Am 25.03.19 um 14:43 schrieb Till Adams:
> Dear OSGeo community,
>
> - sorry for the delay in the procedure -
>
> The board dedicated the OSGeo conference committee a budget for
> supporting travel grant programmes for our global FOSS4G event, but also
> for supporting regional FOSS4G events.
>
> We will share the budget, so that one major part will support the global
> FOSS4G event, but there is still budget, with which we want to support
> regional events.
>
> As we have no clue, how many regional events will apply for support, we,
> OSGeo's Conference Committee (CC) decided to first *call for
> applications*. Depending on the number of applications, we decide later
> whether selection is necessary and how to select events to support. What
> we do not want to have is a "first comes, first serves", because that
> would favour events, that take place earlier in the year.
>
> Applicants should email the CC list with the info requested at [1],
> please send your application until 19th of April.
>
> If possible, it would be great if you would also number the amount of
> support that you would like to receive.
>
> When we see how many applications we receive, we will then decide
> whether CC needs to set up a basic set of requirements for decision.
>

> Till and Steven for OSgeo's CC
>

> [1]
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programme_Cookbook#Applications_to_the_Conference_Committee_for_OSGeo_support

Re: R: Motion: Applicaiton for Travel Grant Programme "OSGeo Oceania" 2019

guidos
+1
Guido

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 11:34 AM Maria Antonia Brovelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> FOSS4G event, but there is still budget, with which we want to support
> regional events.
>
> As we have no clue, how many regional events will apply for support, we,
> OSGeo's Conference Committee (CC) decided to first *call for
> applications*. Depending on the number of applications, we decide later
> whether selection is necessary and how to select events to support. What
> we do not want to have is a "first comes, first serves", because that
> would favour events, that take place earlier in the year.
>
> Applicants should email the CC list with the info requested at [1],
> please send your application until 19th of April.
>
> If possible, it would be great if you would also number the amount of
> support that you would like to receive.
>
> When we see how many applications we receive, we will then decide
> whether CC needs to set up a basic set of requirements for decision.

Michael Terner
(M) 978-631-6602

Re: Motion: Applicaiton for Travel Grant Programme "OSGeo Oceania" 2019

Msilikale Msilanga
+1

Best,

Msilikale

> On 2 May 2019, at 5:35 PM, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear CC!
>
> my email-call below lead to the application of FOSS4G-NA (which we
> decided fast, see my email on 27th of March) and since we have only
> received one more application:
>
> John Bryan from OSGeo-LC Oceania and their regional FOSS4G in 2019
> applied 2.5k US$ support of their TGP (In 2018 we supported them with
> US$ 2000).
>
> Our budget looks as follows:
>
> 25k US $ total budget
>
> - 15k US $ (global FOSs4G)
>
> - 2k US $ (FOSS4G NA)
>
> -----------
>
> 8k US $ open
>

> I would propose to fully accept the application of FOSS4G Oceania.
>

> That would leave us a rest of 5.5k US$ - for this we can schedule a 2nd
> call in June.
>
> Regards, Till
>

> Am 25.03.19 um 14:43 schrieb Till Adams:
>> Dear OSGeo community,
>>
>> - sorry for the delay in the procedure -
>>
>> The board dedicated the OSGeo conference committee a budget for
>> supporting travel grant programmes for our global FOSS4G event, but also
>> for supporting regional FOSS4G events.
>>
>> We will share the budget, so that one major part will support the global
>> FOSS4G event, but there is still budget, with which we want to support
>> regional events.
>>
>> As we have no clue, how many regional events will apply for support, we,
>> OSGeo's Conference Committee (CC) decided to first *call for
>> applications*. Depending on the number of applications, we decide later
>> whether selection is necessary and how to select events to support. What
>> we do not want to have is a "first comes, first serves", because that
>> would favour events, that take place earlier in the year.
>>
>> Applicants should email the CC list with the info requested at [1],
>> please send your application until 19th of April.
>>
>> If possible, it would be great if you would also number the amount of
>> support that you would like to receive.
>>
>> When we see how many applications we receive, we will then decide
>> whether CC needs to set up a basic set of requirements for decision.
>>

>> Till and Steven for OSgeo's CC
>>

>> [1]
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programme_Cookbook#Applications_to_the_Conference_Committee_for_OSGeo_support

Re: Motion: Applicaiton for Travel Grant Programme "OSGeo Oceania" 2019

Vasile Crăciunescu
+1

-Vasile

On 02/05/2019 17:35, Till Adams wrote:

> Dear CC!
>
> my email-call below lead to the application of FOSS4G-NA (which we
> decided fast, see my email on 27th of March) and since we have only
> received one more application:
>
> John Bryan from OSGeo-LC Oceania and their regional FOSS4G in 2019
> applied 2.5k US$ support of their TGP (In 2018 we supported them with
> US$ 2000).
>
> Our budget looks as follows:
>
> 25k US $ total budget
>
> - 15k US $ (global FOSs4G)
>
> - 2k US $ (FOSS4G NA)
>
> -----------
>
> 8k US $ open
>

> I would propose to fully accept the application of FOSS4G Oceania.
>

> That would leave us a rest of 5.5k US$ - for this we can schedule a 2nd
> call in June.
>
> Regards, Till
>

> Am 25.03.19 um 14:43 schrieb Till Adams:
>> Dear OSGeo community,
>>
>> - sorry for the delay in the procedure -
>>
>> The board dedicated the OSGeo conference committee a budget for
>> supporting travel grant programmes for our global FOSS4G event, but also
>> for supporting regional FOSS4G events.
>>
>> We will share the budget, so that one major part will support the global
>> FOSS4G event, but there is still budget, with which we want to support
>> regional events.
>>
>> As we have no clue, how many regional events will apply for support, we,
>> OSGeo's Conference Committee (CC) decided to first *call for
>> applications*. Depending on the number of applications, we decide later
>> whether selection is necessary and how to select events to support. What
>> we do not want to have is a "first comes, first serves", because that
>> would favour events, that take place earlier in the year.
>>
>> Applicants should email the CC list with the info requested at [1],
>> please send your application until 19th of April.
>>
>> If possible, it would be great if you would also number the amount of
>> support that you would like to receive.
>>
>> When we see how many applications we receive, we will then decide
>> whether CC needs to set up a basic set of requirements for decision.
>>

>> Till and Steven for OSgeo's CC
>>

>> [1]
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programme_Cookbook#Applications_to_the_Conference_Committee_for_OSGeo_support

Re: Motion: Applicaiton for Travel Grant Programme"OSGeo Oceania" 2019

Sanghee Shin

+1

신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
www.gaia3d.com

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2019 5 3일 금요일 오후 1:32
받는 사람: [hidden email]
제목: Re: [OSGeo-Conf] Motion: Applicaiton for Travel Grant Programme"OSGeo Oceania" 2019

+1

-Vasile

On 02/05/2019 17:35, Till Adams wrote:

> Dear CC!

> my email-call below lead to the application of FOSS4G-NA (which we

> decided fast, see my email on 27th of March) and since we have only

> received one more application:

> John Bryan from OSGeo-LC Oceania and their regional FOSS4G in 2019

> applied 2.5k US$ support of their TGP (In 2018 we supported them with

> US$ 2000).

> Our budget looks as follows:

> 25k US $ total budget

> - 15k US $ (global FOSs4G)

> - 2k US $ (FOSS4G NA)

> -----------

> 8k US $ open

> I would propose to fully accept the application of FOSS4G Oceania.

> That would leave us a rest of 5.5k US$ - for this we can schedule a 2nd

> call in June.

> Regards, Till

> Am 25.03.19 um 14:43 schrieb Till Adams:

>> Dear OSGeo community,

>> - sorry for the delay in the procedure -

>> The board dedicated the OSGeo conference committee a budget for

>> supporting travel grant programmes for our global FOSS4G event, but also

>> for supporting regional FOSS4G events.

>> We will share the budget, so that one major part will support the global

>> FOSS4G event, but there is still budget, with which we want to support

>> regional events.

>> As we have no clue, how many regional events will apply for support, we,

>> OSGeo's Conference Committee (CC) decided to first *call for

>> applications*. Depending on the number of applications, we decide later

>> whether selection is necessary and how to select events to support. What

>> we do not want to have is a "first comes, first serves", because that

>> would favour events, that take place earlier in the year.

>> Applicants should email the CC list with the info requested at [1],

>> please send your application until 19th of April.

>> If possible, it would be great if you would also number the amount of

>> support that you would like to receive.

>> When we see how many applications we receive, we will then decide

>> whether CC needs to set up a basic set of requirements for decision.

>> Till and Steven for OSgeo's CC

>> [1]

>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programme_Cookbook#Applications_to_the_Conference_Committee_for_OSGeo_support

Re: Motion: Applicaiton for Travel Grant Programme"OSGeo Oceania" 2019

tadams
Dear CC!

Sorry, I did not giv a deadline for this motion. Up now, I received
several "+1" votes and no vote against. If anybody want to express *not*
to support or has any questions supporting Oceanian TGP with 2.500 US $,
please vote against until 17th of May.

Till

Am 03.05.19 um 06:46 schrieb Sanghee Shin:

> +1
>

> 신상희
> ---
> Shin, Sanghee
> Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
> www.gaia3d.com
>

> *보낸 사람: *Vasile Craciunescu <mailto:[hidden email]>
> *보낸 날짜: *2019년5월3일 금요일 오후1:32
> *받는 사람: *[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
> *제목: *Re: [OSGeo-Conf] Motion: Applicaiton for Travel Grant
> Programme"OSGeo Oceania" 2019
>

> +1
>

> -Vasile
>

> On 02/05/2019 17:35, Till Adams wrote:
>
>> Dear CC!
>

>> my email-call below lead to the application of FOSS4G-NA (which we
>
>> decided fast, see my email on 27th of March) and since we have only
>
>> received one more application:
>

>> John Bryan from OSGeo-LC Oceania and their regional FOSS4G in 2019
>
>> applied 2.5k US$ support of their TGP (In 2018 we supported them with
>
>> US$ 2000).
>

>> Our budget looks as follows:
>

>> 25k US $ total budget
>

>> - 15k US $ (global FOSs4G)
>

>> - 2k US $ (FOSS4G NA)
>

>> -----------
>

>> 8k US $ open
>

>> I would propose to fully accept the application of FOSS4G Oceania.
>

>> That would leave us a rest of 5.5k US$ - for this we can schedule a 2nd
>
>> call in June.
>

>> Regards, Till

>> Am 25.03.19 um 14:43 schrieb Till Adams:
>
>>> Dear OSGeo community,
>

>>> - sorry for the delay in the procedure -
>

>>> The board dedicated the OSGeo conference committee a budget for
>
>>> supporting travel grant programmes for our global FOSS4G event, but also
>
>>> for supporting regional FOSS4G events.
>

>>> We will share the budget, so that one major part will support the global
>
>>> FOSS4G event, but there is still budget, with which we want to support
>
>>> regional events.
>

>>> As we have no clue, how many regional events will apply for support, we,
>
>>> OSGeo's Conference Committee (CC) decided to first *call for
>
>>> applications*. Depending on the number of applications, we decide later
>
>>> whether selection is necessary and how to select events to support. What
>
>>> we do not want to have is a "first comes, first serves", because that
>
>>> would favour events, that take place earlier in the year.
>

>>> Applicants should email the CC list with the info requested at [1],
>
>>> please send your application until 19th of April.
>

>>> If possible, it would be great if you would also number the amount of
>
>>> support that you would like to receive.
>

>>> When we see how many applications we receive, we will then decide
>
>>> whether CC needs to set up a basic set of requirements for decision.
>

>>> Till and Steven for OSgeo's CC
>

>>> [1]
>
>>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programme_Cookbook#Applications_to_the_Conference_Committee_for_OSGeo_support

SHOGun - das WebGIS Framework.
Jetzt umsteigen! QGIS 3 ist verfügbar.

Mail: [hidden email]
Tel.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 52

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Kölnstraße 99
53111 Bonn

Tel.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 51
Fax.: +49 (0)228 - 962 899 57

Internet: www.terrestris.de

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835

Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH vertreten durch:
Torsten Brassat, Marc Jansen, Hinrich Paulsen, Till Adams

Informationen über Ihre gespeicherten Daten finden Sie auf unserer
Homepage unter folgendem Link:
https://www.terrestris.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

Re: Motion: Applicaiton for Travel Grant Programme"OSGeo Oceania" 2019

Till Adams-3
Dear CC!

after my email below no vetoes came in. This means, we agree to support
Oceania TGP with 2.500 US $, congrats to John and his team!

@John, please contact the board (as last year) for payment details.
Hopefully the moneyh elps to get at least some people over ;-)

Till

Am 13.05.19 um 13:49 schrieb Till Adams:

> Dear CC!
>
> Sorry, I did not giv a deadline for this motion. Up now, I received
> several "+1" votes and no vote against. If anybody want to express *not*
> to support or has any questions supporting Oceanian TGP with 2.500 US $,
> please vote against until 17th of May.
>
> Till
>

> Am 03.05.19 um 06:46 schrieb Sanghee Shin:
>> +1
>>

>> 신상희
>> ---
>> Shin, Sanghee
>> Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
>> www.gaia3d.com
>>

>> *보낸 사람: *Vasile Craciunescu <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> *보낸 날짜: *2019년5월3일 금요일 오후1:32
>> *받는 사람: *[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> *제목: *Re: [OSGeo-Conf] Motion: Applicaiton for Travel Grant
>> Programme"OSGeo Oceania" 2019
>>

>> +1
>>

>> -Vasile
>>

>> On 02/05/2019 17:35, Till Adams wrote:
>>
>>> Dear CC!
>>> my email-call below lead to the application of FOSS4G-NA (which we
>>> decided fast, see my email on 27th of March) and since we have only
>>> received one more application:
>>> John Bryan from OSGeo-LC Oceania and their regional FOSS4G in 2019
>>> applied 2.5k US$ support of their TGP (In 2018 we supported them with
>>> US$ 2000).
>>> Our budget looks as follows:
>>> 25k US $ total budget
>>> - 15k US $ (global FOSs4G)
>>> - 2k US $ (FOSS4G NA)
>>> -----------
>>> 8k US $ open
>>> I would propose to fully accept the application of FOSS4G Oceania.
>>> That would leave us a rest of 5.5k US$ - for this we can schedule a 2nd
>>> call in June.
>>> Regards, Till

Re: Motion: Applicaiton for Travel Grant Programme"OSGeo Oceania" 2019

John Bryant
Thanks Till & the rest of the conference committee, that's great news!

Our TGP working group met this morning to work on tying up loose ends, ahead of launching our call for applications at the end of May. We really appreciate the support!

Cheers
John