Anyone using an Opus-2 Sparcstation Clone to run GRASS ?

Anyone using an Opus-2 Sparcstation Clone to run GRASS ?

Doug Youngs

I'm considering ordering one of these to run GRASS, and am wondering if
anyone is using this clone, and if there are any known problems to report ?

thanks in advance

Doug Youngs

Re: Anyone using an Opus-2 Sparcstation Clone to run GRASS ?

Joachim Wiesel
According to Doug Youngs:

> I'm considering ordering one of these to run GRASS, and am wondering if
> anyone is using this clone, and if there are any known problems to report ?

        I am actually running GRASS4.0 on an OPUS SparcStation-2 clone
        with CG3 Framebuffer. It runs SUNOS 4.1.1B + OpenWindows 3.0.
        No Problems encountered - works like a charm.

        Joachim

--

Joachim Wiesel, Institut fuer Photogrammetrie und Fernerkundung,
Universitaet  Karlsruhe, Englerstr. 7, D-7500 Karlsruhe, Germany
Internet: [hidden email]

Re: Anyone using an Opus-2 Sparcstation Clone to run GRASS ?

Doug Youngs
> According to Doug Youngs:
> > I'm considering ordering one of these to run GRASS, and am wondering if
> > anyone is using this clone, and if there are any known problems to report ?
> >
> I am actually running GRASS4.0 on an OPUS SparcStation-2 clone
> with CG3 Framebuffer. It runs SUNOS 4.1.1B + OpenWindows 3.0.
> No Problems encountered - works like a charm.
>
> Joachim

Joachim,

Do you feel that the quality control of the manufacturing of the Opus-2
computer components is high ? Is it comparable to a Sparcstation 2 ??

thanks
Doug Youngs

Re: Anyone using an Opus-2 Sparcstation Clone to run GRASS ?

Joachim Wiesel
According to Doug Youngs:

> > According to Doug Youngs:
> > > I'm considering ordering one of these to run GRASS, and am wondering if
> > > anyone is using this clone, and if there are any known problems to report ?
> > >
> > I am actually running GRASS4.0 on an OPUS SparcStation-2 clone
> > with CG3 Framebuffer. It runs SUNOS 4.1.1B + OpenWindows 3.0.
> > No Problems encountered - works like a charm.
> >
> > Joachim
> >

> Joachim,
>
> Do you feel that the quality control of the manufacturing of the Opus-2
> computer components is high ? Is it comparable to a Sparcstation 2 ??

        Doug,

        after looking into the OPUS-Box, it seems to me, taht the Motherboard
        IS the SparcStation-2 board. My machine has been installed in December
        1991 -- no failures, no problems until now. It runs the
        original SUNOS 4.1.1B. I have added third party SIMMS (70ns) and
        a Fujitsu 2263SA (420MB) SCSI disk. There was a Hewlett-Packard
        420MB disk already installed in the box. It seems to run cool with
        both disks inside the CPU-box, which is nearly twice as high
        as SUN's.

        Joachim