Anyone interested in a new Mapbuilder release?

Anyone interested in a new Mapbuilder release?

Bernhard Kiselka
Hello list!

Is anyone interested in a new mapbuilder release?

This will include:
Support for IE 11 (MAP-567)
Support for Google Maps API v3 (MAP-565)
Support for IE 9 and 10 (MAP-564 and MAP-566)
Update to OpenLayers 2.13 (MAP-562)
Support of WebKit-Browser (MAP-561): mapbuilder examples work with Apple Safari 5.0.4, SRWare Iron 3.0.197.0 (22047), Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and 3.6.9, Internet Explorer 8 and Opera 9.5 and 11.01.
Support of Opera (MAP-484): mapbuilder examples work in Opera 10.51 and 9.50.

Or asked in other words: is mapbuilder still in use or am I the only one using it anymore?

Code and Documentation are still active:
http://svn.codehaus.org/mapbuilder
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Home

Best regards,
Bernhard

Re: Anyone interested in a new Mapbuilder release?

Steven M. Ottens-2
Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for all your hard work! I'm afraid I'm not using mapbuilder anymore and as such I don't have need for a new release. However, if you want to release and need a hand I'm happy to help.

kind regards,
Steven

Bernhard Kiselka schreef op 3/26/2014 11:03 AM:
Hello list!

Is anyone interested in a new mapbuilder release?

This will include:
Support for IE 11 (MAP-567)
Support for Google Maps API v3 (MAP-565)
Support for IE 9 and 10 (MAP-564 and MAP-566)
Update to OpenLayers 2.13 (MAP-562)
Support of WebKit-Browser (MAP-561): mapbuilder examples work with Apple Safari 5.0.4, SRWare Iron 3.0.197.0 (22047), Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and 3.6.9, Internet Explorer 8 and Opera 9.5 and 11.01.
Support of Opera (MAP-484): mapbuilder examples work in Opera 10.51 and 9.50.

Or asked in other words: is mapbuilder still in use or am I the only one using it anymore?

Code and Documentation are still active:
http://svn.codehaus.org/mapbuilder
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Home

Best regards,
Bernhard

--------------------------------------
Geodan
President Kennedylaan 1
1079 MB Amsterdam (NL)

T +31 (0)20 - 5711 311
E [hidden email]
www.geodan.nl | disclaimer
--------------------------------------

Re: Anyone interested in a new Mapbuilder release?

Just van den Broecke
Hi Bernard, MapBuilder is officially EOL:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/EndOfLife

There is ample choice these days in Web Mapping libs, most are based on
OpenLayers or Leaflet. <shameless-plug>One example that tried to stay
close to MapBuilder conventions, i.e. build complete mapping client from
a configuration, is the Heron MC: http://heron-mc.org </shameless-plug>.

best,

Just

On 26-03-14 11:37, Steven M. Ottens wrote:

> Hi Bernhard,
>
> Thanks for all your hard work! I'm afraid I'm not using mapbuilder
> anymore and as such I don't have need for a new release. However, if you
> want to release and need a hand I'm happy to help.
>
> kind regards,
> Steven
>

> Bernhard Kiselka schreef op 3/26/2014 11:03 AM:
>> Hello list!
>>
>> Is anyone interested in a new mapbuilder release?
>>
>> This will include:
>> Support for IE 11 (MAP-567)
>> Support for Google Maps API v3 (MAP-565)
>> Support for IE 9 and 10 (MAP-564 and MAP-566)
>> Update to OpenLayers 2.13 (MAP-562)
>> Support of WebKit-Browser (MAP-561): mapbuilder examples work with Apple Safari 5.0.4, SRWare Iron 3.0.197.0 (22047), Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and 3.6.9, Internet Explorer 8 and Opera 9.5 and 11.01.
>> Support of Opera (MAP-484): mapbuilder examples work in Opera 10.51 and 9.50.
>>
>> Or asked in other words: is mapbuilder still in use or am I the only one using it anymore?
>>
>> Code and Documentation are still active:
>> http://svn.codehaus.org/mapbuilder
>> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Home
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bernhard

> *Geodan*
> President Kennedylaan 1
> 1079 MB Amsterdam (NL)
>
> T +31 (0)20 - 5711 311
> [hidden email]
> www.geodan.nl  <http://www.geodan.nl>  |disclaimer  <http://www.geodan.nl/disclaimer>

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/13534_NeoTech

Re: Anyone interested in a new Mapbuilder release?

Bernhard Kiselka
Hi Just!

I know that Mapbuilder is old, but it is still working. With some tweaks also in modern browsers.
So don't have to throw away all my old stuff.

You are right: new applications should be started with a new technology.
To name a few:
OpenLayers 3 - http://ol3js.org/
GeoExt2 - http://geoext.github.io/geoext2/

Kind regards,