Anyone interested in a new Mapbuilder release?

Anyone interested in a new Mapbuilder release?

Bernhard Kiselka
Hello!

Is anyone interested in a new mapbuilder release?

This will include
Update to OpenLayers 2.10 (MAP-559)
Support of Opera (MAP-484): mapbuilder examples work in Opera 10.51 and 9.50.

Best regards,
Bernhard

Re: Anyone interested in a new Mapbuilder release?

Steven M. Ottens-2
Hi Bernhard,

Great work on getting Mapbuilder updated again. Quick question; does mapbuilder work in webkit browsers now as well?
I'm personally not in need of a new mapbuilder release but if you need help in releasing I'm more than willing to help.

regards
Steven

On Oct 22, 2010, at 5:02 PM, Bernhard Kiselka wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Is anyone interested in a new mapbuilder release?
>
> This will include
> Update to OpenLayers 2.10 (MAP-559)
> Support of Opera (MAP-484): mapbuilder examples work in Opera 10.51 and 9.50.
>
> Best regards,
> Bernhard

Steven M. Ottens
Senior Ux Designer
-------------------------------------
Geodan S&R
President Kennedylaan 1
1079 MB Amsterdam (NL)
-------------------------------------
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 5711 315
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 5711 333
-------------------------------------
E-mail: [hidden email]
Website: www.geodan.nl
KvK-nummer: 33 247475
Disclaimer: www.geodan.nl/disclaimer
-------------------------------------

Re: Anyone interested in a new Mapbuilder release?

Bernhard Kiselka
Hi Steven,

webkit browsers (new Safari, Google Chrome, ...) are still not supported.

There are problems with the XSLT engine (Javeline) mapbuilder uses in those browsers. Maybe it's just enough to omit those libraries.
I did some research on new versions for those:
The code of http://www.ajax.org (license: LGPL)
  source\core\parsers\xpath.js
  source\core\markup\xslt\xslt.js
looks very similar to
  javeline_xpath.js
  javeline_xslt.js
respectively.

According to Andreas Hocevar webkit browsers also have problem loading scripts dynamically.
But he did not succeed in running mapbuilder with just one big file on webkit browsers either.

Thanks for your offer to help.
Let's see if a release is needed.

Best regards,
Bernhard

Am 22.10.2010 19:42 schrieb Steven M. Ottens:

> Hi Bernhard,
>
> Great work on getting Mapbuilder updated again. Quick question; does mapbuilder work in webkit browsers now as well?
> I'm personally not in need of a new mapbuilder release but if you need help in releasing I'm more than willing to help.
>
> regards
> Steven
>
> On Oct 22, 2010, at 5:02 PM, Bernhard Kiselka wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Is anyone interested in a new mapbuilder release?
>>
>> This will include
>> Update to OpenLayers 2.10 (MAP-559)
>> Support of Opera (MAP-484): mapbuilder examples work in Opera 10.51 and 9.50.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bernhard

Mapbuilder working on webkit

Bernhard Kiselka
Hi Steven,

> Quick question; does mapbuilder work in webkit browsers now as well?

I managed to make Mapbuilder work on WebKit browsers as well.

See my patch for detail:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAP-561

I think there are still some tests to do.

Best regards,
Bernhard

Re: Mapbuilder working on webkit

Andreas Hocevar
Thanks Bernhard for making this happen! Looks promising. Note that all HTML5 compliant browsers (i.e. also Firefox 4) require ordered script loading.

Andreas.

On Mar 8, 2011, at 01:44 , Bernhard Kiselka wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
>> Quick question; does mapbuilder work in webkit browsers now as well?
>
> I managed to make Mapbuilder work on WebKit browsers as well.
>
> See my patch for detail:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAP-561
>
> I think there are still some tests to do.
>
> Best regards,
> Bernhard

Re: Mapbuilder working on webkit

Bernhard Kiselka
Hello Andreas!

Thanks for your note about FF4.

I added a better patch, that should enable all HTML5-Browsers:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/attachment/54550/sarissa0994_complete.patch

It works fine for all functional examples and my applications.
I tested on Windows with Apple Safari 5.0.4, SRWare Iron 3.0.197.0 (22047), Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and 3.6.9, Internet Explorer 8 and Opera 9.5 and 11.01.

So the only relevant untested browser is IE9.

Due to the ordered script loading mapbuilder may be a little slower at loading, if you don't use a compressed build.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Thanks Bernhard for making this happen! Looks promising. Note that all HTML5 compliant browsers (i.e. also Firefox 4) require ordered script loading.

Andreas.

On Mar 8, 2011, at 01:44 , Bernhard Kiselka wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
>> Quick question; does mapbuilder work in webkit browsers now as well?
>
> I managed to make Mapbuilder work on WebKit browsers as well.
>
> See my patch for detail:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAP-561
>
> I think there are still some tests to do.
>
> Best regards,
> Bernhard

Re: Mapbuilder working on webkit

Carlos Gonçalves
Hello Bernhard.
Help me.
I have a problem.
I can not run MapBuilder to the browser fifefox 10.0.1
You would have a solution?
Cheers,
Carlos

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 10:19 PM, Bernhard Kiselka <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Andreas!

Thanks for your note about FF4.

I added a better patch, that should enable all HTML5-Browsers:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/attachment/54550/sarissa0994_complete.patch

It works fine for all functional examples and my applications.
I tested on Windows with Apple Safari 5.0.4, SRWare Iron 3.0.197.0 (22047), Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and 3.6.9, Internet Explorer 8 and Opera 9.5 and 11.01.

So the only relevant untested browser is IE9.

Due to the ordered script loading mapbuilder may be a little slower at loading, if you don't use a compressed build.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Thanks Bernhard for making this happen! Looks promising. Note that all HTML5 compliant browsers (i.e. also Firefox 4) require ordered script loading.

Andreas.

On Mar 8, 2011, at 01:44 , Bernhard Kiselka wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
>> Quick question; does mapbuilder work in webkit browsers now as well?
>
> I managed to make Mapbuilder work on WebKit browsers as well.
>
> See my patch for detail:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAP-561
>
> I think there are still some tests to do.
>
> Best regards,
> Bernhard

Cordialmente,
Carlos

Re: Mapbuilder working on webkit

Bernhard Kiselka

Hello Carlos!

The site http://communitymapbuilder.org/ seems to be down.

The trunk mapbuilder build from trunk works fine with firefox 10.0.1 – at least the examples.

Here is the guide how to access the SVN repository:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/SVN+Repository

Check it out, make sure you have eclipse or ant and run the dist-tomcat target of the build.xml.

The mapbuilder avaialbe at sourceforge is old (1.0 rc1) and does not support HTML5:

http://mapbuilder.sourceforge.net/mapbuilder/

But Starting with rev. 4067 (2001-07-04) mapbuilder supports HTML5 browsers, this version is on

http://dev.prisma-solutions.at/mapbuilder/examples/simple/index.html

Does this simple example work for you?

Cheers,

Bernhard

Thanks Bernhard for making this happen! Looks promising. Note that all HTML5 compliant browsers (i.e. also Firefox 4) require ordered script loading.

Andreas.

On Mar 8, 2011, at 01:44 , Bernhard Kiselka wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
>> Quick question; does mapbuilder work in webkit browsers now as well?
>
> I managed to make Mapbuilder work on WebKit browsers as well.
>
> See my patch for detail:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAP-561
>
> I think there are still some tests to do.
>
> Best regards,
> Bernhard

Xperia(TM) PLAY
And it wants your games.