Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

cremebrulee
We are currently running MGOS 2.2 (32bit) on our RHEL 5 linux systems. We would like to test a 64 bit MGOS on some of our new systems that are 64 bit RHEL 6.
Is there any MG version that is available for 64 bit Linux? I was not able to find installers or build files so that we can make our own 64 bit MGOS for our target OS.
I learned from Jackie's blog that later versions of MGOS (2.5 onwards) do not have linux 64 bit support due to issues with FDO.
-MGnoob

Re: Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

Jackie Ng
Here's a laundry list of blockers that I know of that are preventing us from a working 64-bit build of MapGuide.

1. The FDO SHP provider's spatial indexing is not working properly on 64-bit linux (breaks spatial queries on SHP files).
2. Quality of RDBMS FDO providers is an unknown quantity.
3. MapGuide feeds incorrect AGF binary data to FDO in 64-bit linux. Causes MapGuide-issued spatial queries to fail as FDO is not creating the correct FDO query geometries from the byte array fed from the MgAgfReaderWriter
4. MgMapBase destructor segfaults when attempting to save a MgMap. This breaks any attempts to save map state and prevents the AJAX and Fusion viewers from properly initializing (as both do a MgMap.Save() as part of its initialization)

Items 1 and 2 simply leave us with a smaller subset of functional FDO providers if not fixed. Items 3 and 4 are must fixes. We're really brain-drained on how to resolve these items.

- Jackie

Re: Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

cremebrulee
Jackie Ng wrote
[...]

@Jackie Thanks for the update.
Just a thought on my end... Would it be possible to run the available 32 bit MGOS linux (any version) on a 64 bit linux OS?
I was looking this up in general about running 32 bit apps on a 64 bit linux OS and came upon this article: http://www.maketecheasier.com/run-32-bit-apps-in-64-bit-linux/
I know the task may not be as trivial as the article i posted makes it sound, I am just trying to get ideas to see if this is feasible. If you think it is possible, I will work on it and document my efforts if it may help anyone else that needs to perform a 32bit MGOS linux install on a 64 bit linux OS.
-MGnoob

Re: Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

Jackie Ng
Theoretically, running 32-bit MapGuide on 64-bit Ubuntu should be a case of apt-get'ing all the required 32-bit libraries, we just don't know what exactly without a trial and error process of:

 * Trying to run MapGuide
 * If it doesn't work, due to some missing library, see if we can apt-get that library
 * Repeat until MapGuide run

- Jackie

Re: Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

Riccardo Pucci-2
Hi Jackie,

The issues 3 and 4 are blockers for both server and WSE or just for server?
Are there chances to get a working 64bit WSE?

Riccardo

Il 28/08/2014 12:55, Jackie Ng ha scritto:
> Here's a laundry list of blockers that I know of that are preventing us from
> a working 64-bit build of MapGuide.

Re: Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

Johan Van de Wauw
Is there a testsuite that reveals these errors?
How can this be run?

Johan

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Jackie Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here's a laundry list of blockers that I know of that are preventing us from
> a working 64-bit build of MapGuide.
>
> 1. The FDO SHP provider's spatial indexing is not working properly on 64-bit
> linux (breaks spatial queries on SHP files).
> 2. Quality of RDBMS FDO providers is an unknown quantity.
> 3. MapGuide feeds incorrect AGF binary data to FDO in 64-bit linux. Causes
> MapGuide-issued spatial queries to fail as FDO is not creating the correct
> FDO query geometries from the byte array fed from the MgAgfReaderWriter
> 4. MgMapBase destructor segfaults when attempting to save a MgMap. This
> breaks any attempts to save map state and prevents the AJAX and Fusion
> viewers from properly initializing (as both do a MgMap.Save() as part of its
> initialization)
>
> Items 1 and 2 simply leave us with a smaller subset of functional FDO
> providers if not fixed. Items 3 and 4 are must fixes. We're really
> brain-drained on how to resolve these items.
>
> - Jackie

Re: Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

Jackie Ng
The existing test suites can reveal these issues.

1. Can be revealed by running the SHP unit test executable. Certain spatial index queries will return extents that have minx/miny of 0 instead of some arbitrarily negative number based on the test spatial data.

3. Can be revealed by running the Rendering Service test suite in MapGuide. You can confirm that it is incorrect AGF binary data being fed into FDO by creating the FDO query geometry via a raw WKT text transfer into with MgWktReaderWriter instead of AGF binary transfer via MgAgfReaderWriter.

4. Can be revealed by running the Mapping Service test suite in MapGuide. The process will segfault.

- Jackie

-MGnoob

Re: Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

Jackie Ng
Did you happen to note down the packages you installed to make it work?

- Jackie

Re: Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

cremebrulee
Jackie Ng wrote
Did you happen to note down the packages you installed to make it work?
- Jackie
Thankfully my colleague was very meticulous in note-taking ... :) ... here's the list of packages copied over to a 64-bit RHEL machine to make 32-bit MGOS run on it.

/lib
libexpat.so.0 -> libexpat.so.0.5.0
libuuid.so.1 -> libuuid.so.1.2
libssl.so.6 -> libssl.so.0.9.8e
libcrypto.so.6 -> libcrypto.so.0.9.8e
libcom_err.so.2 -> libcom_err.so.2.1
libkeyutils.so.1 -> libkeyutils-1.2.so
libselinux.so.1
libsepol.so.1

/usr/lib
libz.so.1 -> libz.so.1.2.3
libldap-2.3.so.0 -> libldap-2.3.so.0.2.31
liblber-2.3.so.0 -> liblber-2.3.so.0.2.31
libsasl2.so.2 -> libsasl2.so.2.0.22
libgssapi_krb5.so.2 -> libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2
libkrb5.so.3 -> libkrb5.so.3.3
libk5crypto.so.3 -> libk5crypto.so.3.1
libkrb5support.so.0 -> libkrb5support.so.0.1
libexslt.so.0 -> libexslt.so.0.8.13
libcurl.so.3 -> libcurl.so.3.0.0
libxml2.so.2 -> libxml2.so.2.6.26
libidn.so.11 -> libidn.so.11.5.19
libxslt.so.1 -> libxslt.so.1.1.17
libgcrypt.so.11 -> libgcrypt.so.11.5.2
libgpg-error.so.0 -> libgpg-error.so.0.3.0
libsqlite3.so.0 -> libsqlite3.so.0.8.6
-MGnoob

Re: Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

Jackie Ng
I noted the required packages to install in my blog post:

http://themapguyde.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/mapguide-tidbits-running-32-bit.html

It's probably the same list of SOs in the end.

- Jackie

Re: Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

Jackie Ng
For the adventurous people out there.

Try building MapGuide trunk with this patch (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/1657), and let me know how things go.

- Jackie