Annual report 2017

Andreas Neumann-3
Hi,

Looking at https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/annual_reports/index.html I see that the annual report from 2017 is still missing. It is required per our charter and by law - and besides it is a nice resource to see how QGIS has progressed over the years and what topics had been discussed back in a certain year.

@Tim: do you have something in the works? Can we assist you?

Thanks and greetings,
Andreas

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)

Re: Annual report 2017

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

I made a copy of the last one here that we can communally edit.

Regards

Tim

On 26 Apr 2018, at 18:35, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:

I can help on the weekend, if we split up the work.

Regards,
Anita

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Looking at https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/annual_reports/index.html I see that the annual report from 2017 is still missing. It is required per our charter and by law - and besides it is a nice resource to see how QGIS has progressed over the years and what topics had been discussed back in a certain year.

@Tim: do you have something in the works? Can we assist you?

Thanks and greetings,
Andreas

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)

---

Tim Sutton

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Annual report 2017

pcav
Thanks Tim.

Il 26/04/2018 23:54, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> I made a copy of the last one here that we can communally edit.
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1htav9m4Oq02STOHkgZ9G7fexOdVtti17Y6IGS5LVong/edit#
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
>> On 26 Apr 2018, at 18:35, Anita Graser <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> I can help on the weekend, if we split up the work.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Anita
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi,
>>
>>     Looking at
>>     https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/annual_reports/index.html
>>     <https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/annual_reports/index.html>
>>     I see that the annual report from 2017 is still missing. It is
>>     required per our charter and by law - and besides it is a nice
>>     resource to see how QGIS has progressed over the years and what
>>     topics had been discussed back in a certain year.
>>
>>     @Tim: do you have something in the works? Can we assist you?
>>
>>     Thanks and greetings,
>>     Andreas
>>
>>     --
>>
>>     --
>>     Andreas Neumann
>>     QGIS.ORG <http://qgis.org/> board member (treasurer)

> ---
>
> *Tim Sutton*

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: Annual report 2017

Anita Graser
​Hi,​

Il 26/04/2018 23:54, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> I made a copy of the last one here that we can communally edit.
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1htav9m4Oq02STOHkgZ9G7fexOdVtti17Y6IGS5LVong/edit#

​I updated chapter 3 and later. The correct number of user group voting members for 2017 is still missing.​

Regards,
Anita

Re: Annual report 2017

Andreas Neumann-3
Thanks Anita!

Tim - would you have time to finish the document? Most important things should already be done.

Maybe we should highlight in the 2017 report a bit more how much effort was put into the 3.0 release - although the actual release was in 2018, the majority of the work involved was done in 2017 and 2018. Also a substantial amount of finances went into 3.0 under-the-hood changes/improvements and bug fixing. Can you reflect that a bit better as a native speaker, Tim?

Thanks and looking forward to get the report finished!

Andreas

On 28 April 2018 at 14:05, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:
​Hi,​

Il 26/04/2018 23:54, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> I made a copy of the last one here that we can communally edit.
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1htav9m4Oq02STOHkgZ9G7fexOdVtti17Y6IGS5LVong/edit#

​I updated chapter 3 and later. The correct number of user group voting members for 2017 is still missing.​

Regards,
Anita

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)

Re: Annual report 2017

Tim Sutton-6
Thanks so much Anita and Andreas! I made various tweaks directly and just one comment for you in the doc Andreas. After that, I think it is good to go!

On 30 Apr 2018, at 09:11, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Anita!

Tim - would you have time to finish the document? Most important things should already be done.

Maybe we should highlight in the 2017 report a bit more how much effort was put into the 3.0 release - although the actual release was in 2018, the majority of the work involved was done in 2017 and 2018. Also a substantial amount of finances went into 3.0 under-the-hood changes/improvements and bug fixing. Can you reflect that a bit better as a native speaker, Tim?

Ok I added a paragraph to section 2 reflecting this.

Thanks and looking forward to get the report finished!

Yes thank you so much for keeping your eye on the ball here!

Regards

Tim

Andreas

On 28 April 2018 at 14:05, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:
​Hi,​

Il 26/04/2018 23:54, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> I made a copy of the last one here that we can communally edit.
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1htav9m4Oq02STOHkgZ9G7fexOdVtti17Y6IGS5LVong/edit#

​I updated chapter 3 and later. The correct number of user group voting members for 2017 is still missing.​

Regards,
Anita

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Ex Project chair: QGIS.org

Desktop GIS programming services
Geospatial web development
GIS Training
Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux
IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Annual report 2017

Andreas Neumann-4

Thanks Tim!

From my point of view we are good to go. We should publish the PDF version at https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/annual_reports/index.html and send the link to the users and developers list.

Tim - are you doing it as the outgoing chair - or Paolo as the incoming one?

Greetings,

Andreas

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Annual report 2017

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

On 01 May 2018, at 22:07, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Tim!

From my point of view we are good to go. We should publish the PDF version at https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/annual_reports/index.html and send the link to the users and developers list.

Tim - are you doing it as the outgoing chair - or Paolo as the incoming one?

Probably good for me to do it as a last wrap up item as outgoing chair :-)

Regards

Tim

Greetings,

Andreas

Am 01.05.2018 um 18:57 schrieb Tim Sutton:
Thanks so much Anita and Andreas! I made various tweaks directly and just one comment for you in the doc Andreas. After that, I think it is good to go!

On 30 Apr 2018, at 09:11, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Anita!

Tim - would you have time to finish the document? Most important things should already be done.

Maybe we should highlight in the 2017 report a bit more how much effort was put into the 3.0 release - although the actual release was in 2018, the majority of the work involved was done in 2017 and 2018. Also a substantial amount of finances went into 3.0 under-the-hood changes/improvements and bug fixing. Can you reflect that a bit better as a native speaker, Tim?

Ok I added a paragraph to section 2 reflecting this.

Thanks and looking forward to get the report finished!

Yes thank you so much for keeping your eye on the ball here!

Regards

Tim

Andreas

On 28 April 2018 at 14:05, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:
​Hi,​

Il 26/04/2018 23:54, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> I made a copy of the last one here that we can communally edit.
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1htav9m4Oq02STOHkgZ9G7fexOdVtti17Y6IGS5LVong/edit#

​I updated chapter 3 and later. The correct number of user group voting members for 2017 is still missing.​

Regards,
Anita

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)

<KartozaNewLogoThumbnail.jpg>

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Annual report 2017

pcav
Il 01/05/2018 23:48, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Probably good for me to do it as a last wrap up item as outgoing chair :-)

agreed fully.
thanks Tim!

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu