Announcing Emacs grass-mode.el version 0.2

Announcing Emacs grass-mode.el version 0.2

Tyler Smith-2
Hello,

My Emacs grass-mode is now available through the MELPA repository, http://melpa.milkbox.net/, so it can be installed through the Emacs package manager.

Features:
* Run grass as an inferior process inside an Emacs buffer
* Tab-completion of GRASS commands, arguments, flags and map names
* Syntax highlighting
* Browse help files with the Emacs w3m.el browser, or your graphical browser
* Automatic session logging
* Send commands from a script file directly to the GRASS process

More information, and the development sources, are available at https://bitbucket.org/tws/grass-mode.el

The interface should be familiar to Emacs ESS users. It's only been tested on a few machines so far, so please let me know if you have any comments or find bugs. There is a wiki and issue tracker at the bitbucket repository.

Thanks!

Tyler Smith

Re: Announcing Emacs grass-mode.el version 0.2

Nikolaos Ves
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Tyler Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My Emacs grass-mode is now available through the MELPA repository,
> http://melpa.milkbox.net/, so it can be installed through the Emacs package
> manager.
>
> Features:
> * Run grass as an inferior process inside an Emacs buffer
> * Tab-completion of GRASS commands, arguments, flags and map names

autocompletion of map names is by far the most welcoming feature!

> * Syntax highlighting
> * Browse help files with the Emacs w3m.el browser, or your graphical browser
> * Automatic session logging
> * Send commands from a script file directly to the GRASS process
>
> More information, and the development sources, are available at
> https://bitbucket.org/tws/grass-mode.el
>
> The interface should be familiar to Emacs ESS users. It's only been tested
> on a few machines so far, so please let me know if you have any comments or
> find bugs. There is a wiki and issue tracker at the bitbucket repository.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tyler Smith

Re: Announcing Emacs grass-mode.el version 0.2

NikosAlexandris
Tyler Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > My Emacs grass-mode is now available through the MELPA repository,
> > http://melpa.milkbox.net/, so it can be installed through the Emacs
> > package
> > manager.
> >
> > Features:
> > * Run grass as an inferior process inside an Emacs buffer
> > * Tab-completion of GRASS commands, arguments, flags and map names

Nick Ves:

> autocompletion of map names is by far the most welcoming feature!

WoW! We should consider switching to emacs... Oh my :-)

Nikos A

Nick Ves <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Features:
>> * Run grass as an inferior process inside an Emacs buffer
>> * Tab-completion of GRASS commands, arguments, flags and map names
>
>autocompletion of map names is by far the most welcoming feature!

Glad to hear it! It wil also work for commands that import maps from other locations. E.g., v.proj - after you've entered the 'location' value, it will use that directory to complete the 'input' map name.

These little tweaks are not automatic - I have to add a line for each case. So if you find something that isn't completing as it should, let me know.

Best,

Tyler

Re: Announcing Emacs grass-mode.el version 0.2

R.S. Bhalla
Thank you for this Tyler,
Will certainly take it for a spin.
I've been using spgrass6 and ESS for a while.
Cheers,
Ravi