Announcement

Dakota Benjamin

ODM Devs and Users,

The Humanitarian Innovation Fund has funded some development on OpenDroneMap.
There are a few things targeted as part of this project, so I'll start at a high level, and then work my way down to some anticipated details:

The objectives of this project (generally) are to:
  • Improve the quality of 3D model output from ODM
  • Create ODM GUI (web)
  • Integrate with existing Humanitarian digital tools -- things like OSM, POSM, OpenAerialMap, etc..

Partners involved in writing the grant are:
As part of our deliverables for the grant, we'll be
  • hosting monthly ODM community chats on Gitter (join us there!)
  • engaging the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap team and some local OSM communities
  • Engaging on social media
  • etc.
These changes will be coming down the pipeline alongside community contributions and other development in the next 6-8 months. As usual, feel free to ask questions here or on the Gitter.

Best,
Dakota