[Announcement]: 1st PreReleases for deegree2 WMS, WFS, WCS released

[Announcement]: 1st PreReleases for deegree2 WMS, WFS, WCS released

Hans Plum
The deegree community is happy to announce the 1st PreReleases for deegree2 WMS,
WFS and WCS.

The long awaited demo packages for the deegree2 OGC Web Services can now be
downloaded from http://www.deegree.org with

- a new internal feature model for complex features in order to support WFS 1.1
- tool-based adding of new vector and raster data
- support for more than 2000 reference systems based on proj4 for the WMS
- Java 5 Support

and many more ...

In order to make life easier, we have setup up new demos based on geospatial
data published by the State of Utah, US. In the future, we are going to publish
some more demo packages for other OGC Web Services in order to build an entire
sample SDI.

We invite all, to download the packages and use them in your own environment.
Please provide feedback and suggestions for the new packages and let us all know
via the mailing lists where new challenges are waiting for deegree2 ;-).

Have fun, on behalf of deegree community,
Hans